Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 12:04 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Kappa top box universal bracket.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MartinG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-11-09

Kappa top box universal bracket. Empty
PostSubject: Kappa top box universal bracket.   Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 6:50 pm

I receivecd a Kappa top box with  a "universal bracket" today. I believe Kappa is a company which is owned by the daughter of Givi and makes the same gear but sells it cheaper. I recently fitted a Kappa "Airstream" (not "Airflow") windscreen which is exactly the same as the airflow screen but much cheaper and I purchased a top box from the same supplier in Italy. But the universal bracket is perflectly flat and rolls from left to right on the tail fairing of my 09 Silverwing. If I thighten it down it will bend or crack. I have just emailed them about this and asked if they sent me the wrong bracket or have a solution. Hopefully they will respond but in the meantime has anybody here had the same experience and what have you done to sort it out?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kappa top box universal bracket.   Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 4:44 am

So why didn't you order the correct Kappa rear rack for the Silver Wing to mount the Monokey or Monolock top box you've just bought?

Last edited by Meldrew on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MartinG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Kappa top box universal bracket.   Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 5:10 am

I have looked at images of top boxes on Swings.They all seem to have the plate mounted directly onto the tail directly behind the seat without the need of rack just like the image of the bike on this forum. The bike I bought has holes drilled where a plate had been mounted there. It was propbably a Givi. I assumed that the correct bracket for a Silverwing would have a contour to match that on the bike. I will look for a suitable rack. Do you have a picture of a rear rack?. Thanks for the response.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Kappa top box universal bracket.   Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 5:46 am

As your rear rack already has the four holes drilled or 'punctured' as Kappa, and Givi like to say, mounting the correct rack for your top box should be a straightforward bolt on job. The Givi rear racks equivalent to the Kappa are, SR 19 for the Monokey, and SR 19M for the Monolock.

You can easily Google images of all these rear racks and as long as you know that the Monokey fittings are visually different from Monorack in the way the top boxes locks onto them you should be OK.  Smile
Back to top Go down
MartinG
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Kappa top box universal bracket.   Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 8:00 am

Thanks for that I have ordered the SR19. It cost more than 2/3 the price of the box and plate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kappa top box universal bracket.   Kappa top box universal bracket. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kappa top box universal bracket.
Page 1 of 1