Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» May 2024 forum picture
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» checking the oil
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!

Go down 
+25
The Scootist
Mike from NS
NWSSC
hankster
DaveR
Chilliwing
Cookie
JeffR
DonH
oldwingguy
Dale N.
Easyrider
DickO
cotetoi
Kenjj50
Winger61
Modernman1953
Rasherman
CathyN
MikeO
"Hi Yo"
andyman
Cosmic_Jumper
dspevack
DennisB
29 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! Empty
PostSubject: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi All,

I took a bit of time off to take care of some personal problems. In 2014 I knew I was going blind and did not have the money for the operations to get my sight back. When I turned 65 in 2015, I started with the Medicare program. In November 2015 I was blessed with corrective surgery on my right eye.

In December of 2015 I came down with Salmonella off a bag of pistachio nuts. I was still recovering form Eye surgery and sick as a dog. I did not know it was the nuts, so I got sick over and over again until I received a letter, at the end of January (from Sam's club) that the nuts were tainted. I was so sick.

On January 20th this year, the other eye was operated on, YIPPPPPY. Now I could see with both eyes again with the help of glasses.

I never had a chance to ride my scooter for the past 2 years.

Mid May I had major back surgery to remove a large tumor the size of a soft ball. It was located on my upper back between my spine and shoulder blade. That really hurt.

For the last 7 months I've been recovering and healing from all this crap....On the bright side, I've had time to catch up on my research now that I can see and read.

Tumor was not cancerous.

Well that's it...And no more scooter parts. My time is slipping by to fast and I need to finish my other work and studies.

Thanks for being there....DennisB:sunny:

Last edited by DennisB on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrections)
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:16 pm

Thanks for stopping by and updating us Dennis.
I think a number of people thought you stopped posting because you were unhappy here.
Are you back to riding on your scooter, or selling it or what?

Life is short. Do what matters to you most.

Dan
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:54 pm

Hi Dan,

On the bright side of all the things that happened to me is I lost 50 lbs.

I'll be keeping the scooter for now. Getting back riding is one of the thoughts that kept me alive.

DennisB

Last edited by DennisB on Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:57 pm

Dennis

It's so nice to hear from you after such a long absense. I hope that you are blessed with continuing recovery --and enjoy your time fishing too.

Tim
Back to top Go down
andyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 1:31 pm

I'm mostly a lurker here but wanted to say "welcome back". Some of us miss your contributions whom you never knew were watching.

Is there anything we can do as a group to get you back out riding?
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 1:42 pm

applause applause applause applause applause

This is the best post I've read. It sure is good to hear from you. You've been missed.

applause applause applause applause applause

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Hurrah!

You may have been out of our sight (no pun intended) but you certainly haven't been out of mind; not possible in any case with a scooter sporting DenisB gadgets!

So pleased you're back and better. cheers
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 2:21 pm

Dennis so glad to see your post. Smile    Sorry to hear of all your medical issues but am glad you are on the road to recovery.  Do what ever makes you happy.  Like you say life is too short.  We have missed you on the forum.  Welcome back. sunny

Cathy
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 2:36 pm

I joined the Tulsa Astronomy Club here lately. They have asked if I could help them with special events for the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) students in my area. These children are very smart and gifted.

What I have to offer is hands on Generation 3 Night vision and FLIR systems. They just love that stuff.

If you have ever looked into a clear summer sky with Night vision you would know what I mean. It is very breathtaking to see.  Shocked

Just things to do.
Back to top Go down
Rasherman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Welcome back Dennis. Glad you're feeling better. I hope you're happy following your new activities. R
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience and perseverance.

Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Welcome back Dennis, you have been missed.
Glad to hear things are getting better for you. I'm sure the children will benefit from your experience and advice. Look after yourself.

Graham
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 4:27 pm

Welcome back Dennis! You are an inspiration to those of us who love to improve (tinker) with our bikes. Glad to hear you weathered the storm and are getting back in trim!
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 6:09 pm

There's always a rainbow in a rain storm. Glad you can now see it too, Dennis. Good to hear your comeback story.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 6:25 pm

Hey Dennis !!!
Yes, you were really missed on this site... sorry to hear about all the medical maladies but glad you made it thru all of it. Good Luck and don't be a stranger !!!
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 12:44 am

Dennis,
I too join everyone in welcoming you back. Everyone was concerned that you left us because you were upset with where the forum was heading. Wishing you a healthy and speedy recovery. Enjoy your new activities with the young kids. Be good and ride safe when you are ready. Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:28 am

Just like everybody has said already, WELCOME BACK DENNIS!!!

I'm glad that you are on the road to recovery and doing better.

I lived in northern MN when I was young and we'd turn off the yard light on a clear night and lay on the grass and look up at the stars. The Northern Lights were always a treat and still are. My brother had a Gen 1 night vision and we'd use it to see the stars in the suburb of the Twin Cities. It would cut through the "light pollution" pretty well but it wasn't nothing like I remember from way back when. I can only name and spot two constellations. The Big and Little Dippers.

Again, WELCOME BACK and I'm glad you are healing and getting better!!!
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 7:12 am

Welcome back, isn't modern medicine a great thing Smile new eyes and a pacemaker here cheers Getting on the S'Wing is great therapy.
Back to top Go down
DonH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 8:07 am

So good to hear from you Dennis. I have probably read every post you have ever made on this forum (well, maybe not all of them, but close). I knew when I seen your name that there would likely be good information to follow.

Wishing you continued good health. And, keep on keepin' on.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Dennis,

It is really great to have you back and I wish you the best with recovering from all of the things you have went through. I always wondered where you went and I have asked others on the site if they have heard from you. I hope you are able to get back on the scooter soon and start enjoying to ride again. Please don't be a stranger here.

As a side note, do you know what happened to Honda-Silver (Bill)? He kind of did what you did and just left and never came back. I have asked many on the forum here and we don't know what happened. I hope all is ok with him as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Cookie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Cookie

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 2:15 pm

Sounds like a tough couple of years Dennis.
I hope you continue to recover and improve. Sounds like you're keeping busy - more power to you.
Back to top Go down
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 10:55 am

Hi Dennis, as you can see from the posts you never really left us as you were always in our thoughts and prayers (and many gadgets).
All the best to you for a full recovery!
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 2:53 pm

Dennis, good to hear from you sorry for all the problems you have had. Health is a big thing! Every time I turn my driving lights on I think of you. You helped a lot of people and that was a good thing.
I hope the Lord blesses and keeps you going strong now and maybe just maybe in the future you can help "us" again.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 9:36 pm

I just want to thank you'll for taking the time to wright something. Returning to this group is like coming home and getting a bunch of hugs from my family.cheers

Thank You...
Back to top Go down
hankster
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 10:38 pm

Welcome back Dennis. I haven't been here long so never got to meet you while you were here. But I've heard so much about you it's like I know you! Great to hear you are recovering and will get back in the saddle again soon.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!    Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:19 am

Hello DennisB
Great to here from you.You have been one great contributor to this
forum for some time. We are all fortunate to have you back in the fold. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 6:16 am

Welcome back Dennis.  You have been missed !

You've been through a lot; and that is a tough way to lose 50 #.  Congrats on surviving the medical system, and with good results.   Astronomy is another of my passions ..... I've never thought of night vision technology in terms of star gazing ... cool concept.   You must be looking forward to the total eclipse of the sun on August 21, 2017. This is an interesting site in this regard. http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2017Aug21Tgoogle.html

Mike

Last edited by Mike from NS on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 9:20 am

Dennis
It is great to hear from you after so long. Sorry to hear about your medical issues, but hopefully your healing will soon allow you to get back on your bike very soon. I look forward to seeing you around this place more.
DCC
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 3:17 pm

So nice to hear from you Dennis. Your absence left a real void and it's great you are wrestling your issues to the ground and able to rejoin the "pack". All the best and let us know when you are ready to jump back on that (tupperware) horse!
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 3:22 pm

good to hear your on the mend , looking forward to hearing you are flying down the road again on your swing ...
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 4:06 pm

DennisB wrote:
I just want to thank you'll for taking the time to wright something. Returning to this group is like coming home and getting a bunch of hugs from my family.cheers

Thank You...

We Are Family.......Read that without singing. Shows our age. Smile
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 12:14 am

Sure glad you're coming out of such a trying time Dennis! You had to deal with more than most of us, it's great to hear you're nearly back I action. Ride that scooter! Make it a goal of returning to a full life.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 6:10 am

Hi Dennis,

I only joined recently and it was good to read about your return to health.

I frequent another forum where two posters, and yes they became my friends, recently passed on. It really was uplifting to hear your story.

Wishing you all the best for a continued improvement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!   Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's the story....I'm sticking with it!!!
Page 1 of 1