Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Belt replacement

Go down 
+2
bicyclenut
CnR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CnR
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2014-06-27

Belt replacement Empty
PostSubject: Belt replacement   Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:25 pm

I passed 16,000 miles on my 09 Silverwing last fall. I decided to wait until the spring to replace the belt. My question is, does anybody know the part number for the best belt to get for the Silverwing? Are the OEM belts good? Actually should I replace and now that I'm at 16000 or could I actually get another summer worth of riding out of the belt safely, probably another 5000 miles? Thanks in advance!

Chas
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2015-09-04

Belt replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt replacement   Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:40 pm

I would replace the belt before the summer riding season, I believe 12K is the recommended interval.  Might be a good time to replace the rollers with sliders for an upgrade in performance when you have the cover off.

Better to do MAINTENANCE when you should and you can plan for it rather than a REPAIR that occurs when you don't have the option to plan (it breaks) and it might just ruin your day or cost you more money!

There was a thread about belts - OEM or Gates or others, think users have have good experience with all of these.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t8879-silverwing-drivebelt
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Belt replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt replacement   Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 9:12 pm

16K IS the proper change interval per Honda. My original belt could probably have gone close to 20K but I am not the type to push it. Much cheaper and easier to have control of the parts and your own tools etc. Rather than broken down on the side of the road, awaiting a belt that may be hundreds of miles off. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Belt replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt replacement   Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 2:03 am

I went with the OEM Honda belt when I changed mine. It only had a few thousand miles on it but had sat under a tarp for two years. I figured it's better to be safe than sorry. The tires had a bit of weather cracking on them so I figured the belt would also have deteriorated from just sitting that long. I also put in 26 gram Dr. Sliders at that time.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

Belt replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt replacement   Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:46 am

I just changed mine at 20,000 Miles, as well as adding 26g sliders and OEM guides....The belt's width was worn down by .080" to .100" but the surfaces looked ok.
I had the OEM belt and Dr. P's sliders under my seat for the last several thousand miles, just in case.
The belt was from a Honda dealer's eBay store, and was a great price at about $120 with shipping.
They still have them....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-OEM-02-13-HONDA-FSC-600-SILVERWING-SCOOTER-DRIVE-BELT-23100-MCT-003-/172116329302?hash=item2812eec356
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

Belt replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt replacement   Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:50 am

BTW, Honda P/N for the belt is 23100-MCT-003
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Belt replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt replacement   Belt replacement I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:28 am

Replace belt now with OEM belt---16,000 right time/miles to replace---bike & belt are old....another good reason for fresh belt.

Note: last belt change I ran 20,000 miles---belt/bike less than 6 months old. Will do again??? Walking sucks, breakdown on trip expensive.....and good chance dealer does not have belt in stock for right now replacement. Carry old belt as spare just in case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Belt replacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt replacement   Belt replacement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt replacement
Page 1 of 1