Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:19 am

» New to Me Swing
Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Battery compartment size?

Go down 
+7
Siataukreg
SteveSilverWing
razorback
Cosmic_Jumper
Tommo
vmaximus
Ofer Rothmann
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ofer Rothmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ofer Rothmann

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-05-06

Battery compartment size? Empty
PostSubject: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 4:51 am

Hi,

Does anyone know the size of the battery compartment, I want to replace my battery to a larger one.

Thanks,
Ofer Rothmann
Back to top Go down
vmaximus
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 5:56 am

Is it not easier to just measure the one that's fitted on your own scooter or measure the size of the battery.
Back to top Go down
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 5:58 am

Have a search through the threads re battery, some one had put a number of a battery with a higher output on.
thought I had written the number somewhere, but can't find it.
Back to top Go down
Ofer Rothmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ofer Rothmann

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 6:02 am

Wink I won't be near my SilverWing in the next 3 days and I want to mail order a new battery.

[Tommo] thanks for the input, I already saw this thread but we have a special price on a different type of battery.

Thanks,
Ofer
Back to top Go down
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 6:08 am

Found number, Yuasa YTZ14.
Back to top Go down
Ofer Rothmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Ofer Rothmann

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 6:12 am

Thanks, I need the maximum size of battery I can place there.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 9:07 am

The Yuasa YTZ-14 battery which Tommo mentions is a larger capacity and an upgrade over the OEM YTZ-12 battery. They are both the same physical dimension; 150mm x 87mm x 110mm. Google is your friend.

Tim
Back to top Go down
razorback
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
razorback

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 9:16 am

what i did was simply add a 2nd larger battery dry cell, and dropped in the storage area next to current side mount for the batt, and keept the old batt as a back up
Back to top Go down
SteveSilverWing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
SteveSilverWing

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 7:09 pm

I've got a 2013 FSC600/A Silver Wing and need to place the battery.

My Yuasa YUAM7212A YTZ12S battery (came new with bike) needs to be replaced -- won't hold a charge for more than 24 hours. Found it easily enough on Amazon.com but the casing size doesn't match.  My dead battery measures approx. 5.9 x 3.4 x 4.33 inches while the Amazon battery (same tech specs) measures 6.8 x 5 x 3.8 inches.  Does anyone know how, or where, I can get a battery that will absolutely fit?

I initially bought a battery charger: trickle 6/12v automatic at 2 amp. It charged beautifully and turned the engine over in a snap. Several hours later, the starter hesitated to turn the engine over. It was time I bought a battery charger anyways...

Thanks for any help/advice you may have to offer.
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2014-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 7:42 pm

I have a second battery its in the luggage compartment below the original battery only mine is connected via Anderson plug so both are in constant use. I have also done the same thing with my Aprilia mana 850 gt battery is where the fuel tank normally is, on this bike its a helmet compartment I have the second battery in there next to the battery compartment again connected via Anderson plug tank is under passenger seat
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Flyingpanman

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 8:40 pm

SteveSilverWing wrote:
I've got a 2013 FSC600/A Silver Wing and need to place the battery.

My Yuasa YUAM7212A YTZ12S battery (came new with bike) needs to be replaced -- won't hold a charge for more than 24 hours. Found it easily enough on Amazon.com but the casing size doesn't match.  My dead battery measures approx. 5.9 x 3.4 x 4.33 inches while the Amazon battery (same tech specs) measures 6.8 x 5 x 3.8 inches.  Does anyone know how, or where, I can get a battery that will absolutely fit?

You could investigate Lithium batteries? Less than a third of the weight, usually smaller in size to normal wet batteries and are only slightly more expensive.

I've had one on my Suzuki V-Strom 1000 for more than a year and it has been great.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Lithium battery in mine now, cranks very well, it's almost twice the CCA of the one it replaced. 99 bucks from Amazon with free shipping.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 4:22 am

I've had a Battery Tender Lithium battery in mine for about 3 years now with no problems. It has all the power I want/need and is smaller and lighter than a lead acid battery. It comes with dense foam spacers to take up the extra space left in the compartment because of its smaller size.
Battery compartment size? New_ba10

Battery compartment size? New_ba11
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 8:32 am

My Lithium was sized for the compartment no need for any spacers, weight about 3 1/2 lbs. CCA double the wet cell.
Back to top Go down
Thebreen
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 2:26 pm

still on my original (bought new from dealer September 2011). its about done though (if i leave it parked more than 2 weeks it has to be charged).

I have a portable LiIon jumpstart battery that i now carry in the bike just in case.

there is also the SHORAI LFX battery (very expensive and very light for equivalent power delivery compared to standard Sealed Lead Acid battery and even LiIon).

what ever you get be sure to the battery terminals are in the same place as original or the cables may not reach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battery compartment size?   Battery compartment size? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battery compartment size?
Page 1 of 1