Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Yellow wire in battery compartment?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaZSam
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-05-04

Yellow wire in battery compartment? Empty
PostSubject: Yellow wire in battery compartment?   Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 9:54 am

Hi,
I have a 2002 fsc600 silverwing. I have a yellow wire in the compartment where I put the battery in. It's not attached to anything. I have looked through the owner's manual and can't find anything or I don't know what I'm looking for. Does anyone know what it's for and what it should be attached to? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Donna
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Yellow wire in battery compartment?   Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 11:11 am

Hey, Donna, Welcome to the forum.
I have no idea what the yellow wire is for or if it even belongs on the bike. However, this is probably one of the earliest SWing in the US, and someone here will probably have an answer for you. Any issues with the bike? Is it running? mileage, maintenance, etc. These are all important aspects of a bike to know before offering advice. If you could enlighten us a bit more on these it would help.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Yellow wire in battery compartment?   Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 2:55 pm

Donna,
I had a 2002 Swing myself and there was no yellow wire in the battery compartment. That leads me to think that you didn't purchase the bike new. Someone has made a modification to the bike. My only advise is to follow where the wire goes. Is it connected to the battery now? In tracing the wire, you may have to remove the left side plastic panel cover. Good luck! Oh, WELCOME to the club of Swingers!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Yellow wire in battery compartment?   Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 5:06 pm

I suppose that we'll accept Donna's first post in the Introduction as her, um, introduction. So welcome to the forum, Donna.

Yellow wire? Could be that a PO had it hooked up to an accessory. You might want to check beneath the handlebar cowling to see if the wire is exposed there. Is there a power outlet (cigarette lighter) in the left cubby? If so, perhaps that yellow wire feeds the power outlet --though I don't know why anyone would disconnect a power outlet after going to the trouble of installing one.

You might also remove the windshield garnish (W-shaped panel between the windshield & headlight) and have a peek in there to see if you spot the mysterious yellow wire.

Tim
Back to top Go down
DonnaZSam
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Yellow wire in battery compartment?   Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 10:33 pm

I bought the scooter in 2014 as the third owner. It has 5000 miles on it. I had a knee injury and haven't been able to ride it since 2015. It does have a top case on the back as an add on.

I have had the oil changed and additive to the gas for the cold Winters. I just bought a new battery, hence the question, and she starts great. That's about the total maintenance.

It's time to sell it as it's a waste of a great bike just sitting in the garage year after year.

I will see if I can follow the wires to see where it goes.

I think I answered all the questions I can for now.

Thanks so much for the help!
Donna
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yellow wire in battery compartment?   Yellow wire in battery compartment? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yellow wire in battery compartment?
Page 1 of 1