Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Today at 3:47 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 3:11 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Today at 1:20 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 7:11 pm

» checking the oil
problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 4:46 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 1:46 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 11:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 10:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 2:10 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 11:42 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

problem with installation of Givi Screen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-10

problem with installation of Givi Screen Empty
PostSubject: problem with installation of Givi Screen   problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 3:58 am

I finally received my Givi screen  ( DT214) and installed yesterday.  Even though I bought a manual I had to go back to the forum for information relating to the removal of panels. The manual only shows the location of the screws, bolts and rivets, but not the most important information: which way to move the panels to disengage the tabs without breaking them off. The installation is pretty straight forward, even with the metal bracket for the kit provided.  
The odd thing is: I can turn the steering to the left full lock with 20mm clearance from the right hand mirror to the screen, but when I turn the steering to the right, the left mirror will hit the screen before full lock. Both mirrors are installed at exactly the same angle.

Not the same topic, but whilst I was at it I also changed the coolant and with the best effort could only put 1.8 litres of coolant back into the system including filling the overflow reservoir to the correct level. I drained it on the side stand as as per forum advice filled it on the side stand and then checked on the center stand. I tried to bleed air pocket and have been for some rides since. I cannot get any more coolant into the system and I am a fair bit short of the amount described in the Honda manual. https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/confused.png

I have also fitted my new 55l Givi Box and it's looking good in a matching silver.
Attachments
problem with installation of Givi Screen AttachmentIMG_0669.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(152 Kb) Downloaded 17 times
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-04

problem with installation of Givi Screen Empty
PostSubject: Re: problem with installation of Givi Screen   problem with installation of Givi Screen I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 6:07 am

You could try loosening the left brake clamp and slightly rotate it back a little then check for clearance when you the the handlebars. If that gives you enough clearance then tighten the clamp back up and bob's your uncle.
Back to top Go down

problem with installation of Givi Screen
Page 1 of 1