Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 pm

» New to Me Swing
FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

FI light came on .

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-08-06

FI light came on . Empty
PostSubject: FI light came on .   FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 pm

the other day while idling , i had the FI indicator light up and it started idling rough like it was going to stall,  i gave it a little throttle and the light went out and then it idled correctly , i don't think that has happened before , but it did stall while idling not long after i bought it , ran some Lucas through it never noticed any other problem till the other day , has anybody had similar problems ,  or how to check the codes on a silver wing ,i saw somewhere that a weak battery can cause similar problems with Honda's ,   i have a very low miles parts bike , so parts are not a problem , most of my mechanic chores have been points , carbs and tire changes , so i am still learning this computer age stuff ..

thanks
Keith
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

FI light came on . Empty
PostSubject: Re: FI light came on .   FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 12:13 am

Mileage? Age? Those are two things that should usually be given when asking for help diagnosing a problem.
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

FI light came on . Empty
PostSubject: Re: FI light came on .   FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:06 am

2004 , 35,000 mi
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

FI light came on . Empty
PostSubject: Re: FI light came on .   FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 4:08 pm

Not to be discouraging, but the Factory Service Manual (FSM) has a 70 page chapter on the FI system, including Fault Codes and EFI test procedures. So it's kind of difficult to work with you on this. You do have a FSM right?

However, you should probably balance the throttle body air adjustment screws with a manometer or carb balancing meter before going to any more serious measures. While you are at it you should check all those little air/vacuum lines for leaks as well.

Good luck, and please let us know how you make out with this problem. It will help others on the forum. members.

Tim
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

FI light came on . Empty
PostSubject: Re: FI light came on .   FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 5:02 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Not to be discouraging, but the Factory Service Manual (FSM) has a 70 page chapter on the FI system, including Fault Codes and EFI test procedures. So it's kind of difficult to work with you on this. You do have a FSM right?

However, you should probably balance the throttle body air adjustment screws with a manometer or carb balancing meter before going to any more serious measures. While you are at it you should check all those little air/vacuum lines for leaks as well.

Good luck, and please let us know how you make out with this problem. It will help others on the forum. members.

Tim

no i don't have a factory service manual , i have tested and replaced a couple of ECMs on a few cars, can one happen to find a FSM online ?
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

FI light came on . Empty
PostSubject: Re: FI light came on .   FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 5:30 pm

moonshiner wrote:
2004  , 35,000 mi

Thank you for your information, have you ever replaced the fuel pressure regulator? Below(in blue)is a post by bigbird on the subject. I'll look around and see if I can find any links for service manuals, I just had my local Honda dealer get one for me but I'll admit that's not a very cheap way to go.
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

FI light came on . Empty
PostSubject: Re: FI light came on .   FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 5:55 pm

Here is a link I've found (below in blue) to buy a  factory service manual for only $30. I hope this link helps someone.
SERVICE MANUAL
Here is what I found with an Ebay search.
Service manuals on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

FI light came on . Empty
PostSubject: Re: FI light came on .   FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:19 pm

model28a wrote:
moonshiner wrote:
2004  , 35,000 mi

Thank you for your information, have you ever replaced the fuel pressure regulator? Below(in blue)is a post by bigbird on the subject. I'll look around and see if I can find any links for service manuals, I just had my local Honda dealer get one for me but I'll admit that's not a very cheap way to go.
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s

thank you model28a

no , i have never replaced the fuel pressure regulator but i will check it out .

i have been working on it today , the battery is going bad , i will replace that first,
and keep working .

i also found that when it warmed up the idle was only about 800 rpm's , so i adjusted
it back up to 1,100 and i checked all the vacuum hoses .
Back to top Go down
moonshiner
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
moonshiner

FI light came on . Empty
PostSubject: Re: FI light came on .   FI light came on . I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:29 pm

knowing my luck if it is the fuel pressure regulator the one on the parts bike will have the wrong part #
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FI light came on . Empty
PostSubject: Re: FI light came on .   FI light came on . I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FI light came on .
Page 1 of 1