Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
newbie on here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
newbie on here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
newbie on here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
newbie on here I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
newbie on here I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
newbie on here I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
newbie on here I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
newbie on here I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
newbie on here I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
newbie on here I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

newbie on here

Go down 
+3
"Hi Yo"
Meldrew
Thubbadubba
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Thubbadubba
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-10-21

newbie on here Empty
PostSubject: newbie on here   newbie on here I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 6:54 am

I am a 64 yo retired gadget man/nerd/engineer/computer professional/widower/mechanic
I live in Fresno CA. I have more projects than I have time left alive to complete.

Hobbies:
Birding, camping, travel, sailing, fishing, riding, exploring the west, genealogy, bicycling, raising grandkids

Profile:
Conservative Christian, politically progressive, greenie tree-hugger, hard-moneyer, charter-schooler, gun-toter, states-rightser, that believes in our constitution and thinks that maybe some day we should get back to it and use it again. Yeah, there may be some seemingly contradictory positions there.

Ride it:
Reflex
Silver Wing
Yam TW200
Two Honda CT70s
Easy Racer 'Tour Easy' recumbent bicycle (long bike)
Vision R40 recumbent bicycle (short bike)

Sail it:
West Wight Potter 15
Coleman 15' canoe (OK, no sail)

Fly it:
Kolb Firestar
Kasperwing
Quicksilver MXL Sport

Drive it:
2013 Prius C
1990 Ford F250 diesel, king-cab, long bed, 4x4
1995 diesel Gulfstream RV
1988 'built' Samurai 4x4

Insure it, maintain it, inspect it, register it, smog it, store it:
Aarrrrgg!!!!

(current list)

Last edited by Thubbadubba on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

newbie on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie on here   newbie on here I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 7:11 am

Great Intro mate, but I don't think anyone wants to date you on here.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
newbie on here 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

newbie on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie on here   newbie on here I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 8:25 am

sunny sunny welcome sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
powpilot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
powpilot

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-06-30

newbie on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie on here   newbie on here I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:14 am

Hey Thubbadubba and welcome aboard!!

Gary
Back to top Go down
Thubbadubba
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

newbie on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie on here   newbie on here I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Great Intro mate, but I don't think anyone wants to date you on here.

Hey, you write your intro and I'll write mine. And I left off 'Long walks on the beach' just so no one would say that.
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

newbie on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie on here   newbie on here I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:11 am

Yeah, welcome aboard. (and try not to mind the cranky crotchety types here too much)

Kasperwing? How cool!!! Ever do vertical descents?
I once owned a Helix but sold it to get a Rotax 503 DCDI engine for one  of 3 trikes that a couple friends and I built together. Got a FAA exemption and used mine to teach people how to fly. Eventually I moved away from the flying area and didn't feel like paying all the costs and jumping through all the FAA hoops again for Sport Pilot Instructor. So I sold it and got back into scooters. (One of the guys had a CGS Hawk Arrow II that I did a little help building. I still kind of miss flying though.)

Again, welcome
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

newbie on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie on here   newbie on here I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:06 am

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

newbie on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie on here   newbie on here I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Welcome... My profile is similar to yours, 64 also, still in IT at Southwest Airlines but only hobbies are bicycle, motorcycles (some touring) and I rebuild 8MM and 16MM projectors when I have the time. I live in Texas so I also collect/tote them guns. I have an Elio car on order (www.eliomotors.com) and would love to own an all-electric car someday with a good battery range. Speaking of batteries - I just installed a lithium battery in my Swing. It's just the cutest little thing - 1 lb, 260 CCA, and 1/3 the size of a regular battery but starts the SWing up every time. It looks like a toy. I bought the battery-tender version. Great little battery.
Back to top Go down
Thubbadubba
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

newbie on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie on here   newbie on here I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 4:57 am

dwoodul wrote:
Welcome

Nice to meet you.

> I just installed a lithium battery in my Swing.

I been watching them. Bought a new MZ202 for the Kolb. Thinking I'll get one for that.

Can't wait to see how the Elio car works out for you. I no longer commute.

>  My profile is similar to yours

Your profile may be similar but I don't meet/date many conservative Christians who are politically progressive!! :-)

I was born in E. TX but have been lotsa other places since. Have a place near El Paso out there now. Just dirt. Javelinas, wild horses, antelope, mule deer, quail, etc.

I flew CA to MN to get the Kasperwing, disassembled it for shipping, flew home, stuck it in the hangar and life happened.  My wife passed away then, I been doing paperwork and stuff settling her estate. With no one to tell me NO I am about to build a 1500sq ft workshop in back of one of my Fresno CA houses (culdesac). Don't have a big enough place even for my tools right now. Hope I can go flying again soon. I got a place in TX I figgered on flying from but too dang far outta town. Gonna un-load that.

> I live in Texas so I also collect/tote them guns.

I was getting rid of my wife's stuff. She had a ton of new things she was 'saving'. She always took my gifts to back, dunno why. So I looked over my stuff too. I have so much I'll never use again. So I have had the fun of giving stuff away. A revolver here, pistol there, deer rifle to him, some $$ to the student (niece at San Jose State studying to become an airline pilot). A guy I thot was a friend broke into my safe took a SW Model 686, .357 revolver, 4". And a (6" 6-1/2"?) slab-side military Hi-Standard .22 with the external hammer. Gave some guns to daughter . Brother. etc. More fun than keeping them in the safe. People thot I was depressed, gonna 'off' myself, but I laughed and said NO! I'm having some enjoyment outta this, it's gonna happen some day anyway! Nephew in WA loves a Hi-standard Sportsman I gave him. Slept with it I believe the night I gave it to him.

For the Kasperwing I bought a spare engine and prop. I have everything except the inevitable 'little pieces here and there' that sublimate into the atmosphere alla time by themselves.. Don't hardly see how it could take more'n a coupla weekends to get it back together.
Back to top Go down
Thubbadubba
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

newbie on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie on here   newbie on here I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:00 am

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome!
GeoB (Thubbadubba)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

newbie on here Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie on here   newbie on here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

newbie on here
Page 1 of 1