Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I need a rear wheel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fgaiazzi
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
fgaiazzi

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-07-01

I need a rear wheel Empty
PostSubject: I need a rear wheel   I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi guys, I have a Silver Wing 600 / 2007 (non ABS) since last year. I am not sure, but I think it is the only one unit in my city (Buenos Aires, Argentina). Here, there are some Kymco Xciting 500, a lot of Honda Elite 125, etc but I've never seen any other Silver Wing.

The rear wheel is in bad condition. Apparently, the metal was broken and was fixed by the previous owner in the US, and that job was not very good...
I can still ride my Silver Wing without problems, but my mechanic told me that I need to replace the wheel (not the tire, it is a Metzeler Feel Free and it is new, only the wheel).

The fact is that there is no rear wheel for Silver Wing in the local market, and the Argentine Government put a lot of restrictions for importation.

A relative of mine lives in Michigan, and she is coming to Argentina on December. I am thinking about to purchase a rear wheel by eBay and ask the seller to delivery it to her address.

I need your help: on eBay I have found some used rear wheels, but I am not sure about their real condition, and I think that a new one could be a little bit expensive.

If any member has a rear wheel for sale, or has some information about any used rear wheel in good condition, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance,
Fernando

Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I need a rear wheel   I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 4:45 pm

It's rumored that a Yamaha T-Max 14" rear wheel will fit on the Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
fgaiazzi
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
fgaiazzi

PostSubject: Re: I need a rear wheel   I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

really? But my rear wheel is 13"...
The tire is 150/70-13
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: I need a rear wheel   I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
That's interesting, I wonder if a 15" front wheel that would fit the Silverwing could be found. I also wonder how it would affect the handling and ride. Interesting very interesting. Cool
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: I need a rear wheel   I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 10:52 pm

fgaiazzi wrote:
Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

really?  But my rear wheel is 13"...
The tire is 150/70-13

Given the limited wheel space available I suspect that a Yamaha 14" wheel would need a lower profile tire. The Sumitomo car tire I was using on my SW was a 165/70R-13 and had minimal clearance at the center swing arm piece.

Tim
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

PostSubject: Re: I need a rear wheel   I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 9:05 am

I saw several on e-bay that look OK except one, they stated, was bent (why would anyone buy a known bent wheel).  They were all around $150 US.  Babbitts Honda House wants $375 for a new one.  I'd buy one off E-bay and have you sister bring it down.
Babbitts:
http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/506c7933f870023420a3c0cc/rear-wheel
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I need a rear wheel   I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 11:09 pm

I'd have to look, but I'm pretty sure I have a used rear wheel stashed away in a rented storage space. I got it off of ebay. I had a 175/70 car tire mounted onto it, but never tried using it because it really looked too big. It is for an ABS bike, but the pulser ring can come off.... they are otherwise virtually the same as a non-ABS wheel. The part numbers only differ by a single digit to differentiate between ABS & non-ABS wheels. (that difference being the pulser ring lugs are drilled and tapped for the ABS wheel and on the non-ABS wheel they are not)

No promises, but f I have the time, I could go take a look tomorrow (Sunday Sept 7) to see if it is where I think it is. I have a busy day getting everything packed and loaded onto my Silverwing for my trip.

A couple things could be problematic depending on circumstances. I'd need to make sure It is actually still there in the storage area (pretty sure it is) and the 175/70 car tire would need to be removed from the rim.

I am leaving here and going to Scoot The Ozarks rally in Arkansas on Monday  Sept 8. then staying in Steelville MO. for another scooter group gathering. I won't be back until September 22 or 23 so It is not likely that I'll be able to do much about it until then.

Maybe the couple bits of good news is that I live in Michigan and December is still a good ways off yet.

I don't remember what I paid for it  but might be able to look it up. (I'd like to get most of my money back on it............. AHA!  Found the receipt... It came from a 2005 Silverwing and cost me $105.

I'll try to send a PM tomorrow if I get the chance, otherwise it won't be until I get back. If you don't get a PM or see another post here tomorrow, then you'll know I got too busy. In the mean time, don't stop looking for a good deal on a wheel while waiting on me.

BTW, servicehonda.com has the rear wheel for $332.23.....(still, not much better than Babbits)
But I still think I have the better deal.  Smile

Mike B. (bandito_two OR bandito2 ....take your pick, I answer to both)

Rochester Hills Michigan Dark Side Rider
Now just 3 Honda Reflex scooters and a FSC600A Silverwing too
Originator of the "Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I need a rear wheel   I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 11:58 am

OK, I got the wheel from the storage area. All it needs is to have the 175/70R13 car tire removed and it should be good to go. I'll deal with that when I get back from AR. & MO.

The one thing I should mention is that when the car tire got put on they used the short vertical air valve and not the usual 90 degree bend air valve. Likewise, it does not have the little plastic gizmo that supports a 90 degree bend air valve. That probably should not present a problem when filling or checking air pressure. But you could probably use the one you have from your bike if you still have that plastic piece and get a new 90 deg. bend air valve when you get a tire mounted if you feel that to be necessary.

So it will be available after I get back if you are still interested in this wheel.

Mike B. (bandito_two OR bandito2 ....take your pick, I answer to both)

Rochester Hills Michigan Dark Side Rider
Now just 3 Honda Reflex scooters and a FSC600A Silverwing too
Originator of the "Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
Back to top Go down
fgaiazzi
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
fgaiazzi

PostSubject: Re: I need a rear wheel   I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Great! I am waiting for you
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a rear wheel   I need a rear wheel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need a rear wheel
Page 1 of 1