Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 12:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Rear wheel removal

Go down 
+3
Cosmic_Jumper
oldgwingguy
Tommo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tommo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-01

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Just watched an Italian video on U tube, bloke removed rear wheel in just over 7 mins.

Gobsmacked, he made it look so easy. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 7:48 pm

Can you post the video?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 8:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsyncE3VXGM

Bear in mind that he, the legendary Stefano Bonacasa of the SWCI in Italy, has done this a million times, and that he is working with the SW raised on a lift, and he has all the tools at hand. YMMV

Tim
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 8:54 pm

Thanks, I have my GWing Craftsman lift ( not table ) and the tools to do the job and it looks no more of a job than the GL1500 rear wheel. LOL, thinking of my 1st GWing lift built out of cement blocks and 2x8x8's laugh but it was solid and 32" off the floor and made the rear change out easier.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 12:14 am

At my age my Harbor Freight bike lift is wonderful. No more laying on the floor to change oil. If removing the rear wheel of a SW is like removing the rear wheel of a GL1500 (which I've done many times), removing the rear wheel of my GT is like removing the rear wheel of a GL1800. Gotta love that single sided swing arm.
Today I needed to replace the primer bulb on my lawn mower. It was so nice to put the mower on the lift to do the work.

Last edited by exavid on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 3:05 am

All this stuff about removing rear wheels from Gold Wings hasn't really got anything to do with removing wheels from the Silver Wing has it. I could say the same thing about about how easy it was to do on MZ's, some BMW's, even the 400 Burgman I had but it's irrelevant.

All the info one needed for removing the rear wheel on the Silver Wing at home was on the late Leroy Beal's website which sadly like him is no more. I wish now I'd printed the info out for future reference.
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 8:12 am

All this stuff about removing rear wheels from Gold Wings hasn't really got anything to do with removing wheels from the Silver Wing has it.

Meldrew for me it does having done many GL1500 including all the tires dismounting and installing new. When they came out with the GL 1800 design I cheered. After watch the video and reading about it with the S'Wing it will be less of a chore when I do it. Thanking all that contribute to making my job easier. cheers
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 2:03 pm

scooter rear wheel re-moval is pain in butt---I noticed this with first Helix (Fusion) purchase in Japan. One side of swing arm must come off....and muffler, SilverWing remains same---so beside carrying tools to get wheel/tire off for repair/change, I carry spare muffler packing and pump.

I don't think forward progress, having ridden since BMW and Harley had interchangeable wheels and easy to get out,too. Now scooters, even Vespa require muffler removal. Progress?
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 5:26 pm

I admit that I have to remove three screw and swing the muffler out then remove the five lugs nuts to take the wheel off the GT. Brake disk and caliper are on the swing arm and don't have to be disturbed. The Silverwing rear wheel isn't all that hard to remove but it is similar to the GW's, Meldrew notwithstanding.

I'm not too far behind you in riding years John, probably not close in miles as quite a lot of my motorcycle/scooter riding was done in isolated Alaskan locations. You don't make much speed riding miles on gravel beaches, sea ice and rough dirt tracks.
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 12:46 am

Just fun to watch a pro at work. As with virtually all other endeavors, the pros make it look easy...
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 6:56 am

I did notice one thing about the change out, he sure didn't struggle with any of the fasteners and I didn't see a torque wrench.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel removal   Rear wheel removal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear wheel removal
Page 1 of 1