Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» May 2024 forum picture
Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» checking the oil
Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Loud Exhaust options

Go down 
+32
Windrider
Meldrew
john123
honda_silver
BlackFly
Boudioue
trouble1100
lcseds
Skippy
Pendragon
26hm52
exavid
KurtPerthWA
pancho
redeye
Winger61
roadrunner
Eldon
bigbird
DickO
dspevack
skydad99
mr fish
DaveR
thomphoto
Opalsboy
Bernardo
The Scootist
teamaster
masscoot
jdeereanton
eggster34
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eggster34
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

I just got my '04 SW about 3 weeks ago. I also have an X9 500 and it has a lovely exhaust note compared to my SW Smile Have any of you fit a performance exhaust that would produce a more sporty (and more noticeable / louder) note so that other people in traffic would hear me when I'm approaching? Thanks!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:48 am

Thanks, everyone, for your opinions. But I'd like to return to the original question -- does anyone have a sound clip of the Leo Vince 4Road system? For that matter, is there anyone reasonably close to Jacksonville, Florida who has one mounted up? I wouldn't mind meeting somewhere so I can hear it; I'd like to form my own opinion.
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: youtube   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:57 pm

roadrunner wrote:
Thanks, everyone, for your opinions. But I'd like to return to the original question -- does anyone have a sound clip of the Leo Vince 4Road system? For that matter, is there anyone reasonably close to Jacksonville, Florida who has one mounted up? I wouldn't mind meeting somewhere so I can hear it; I'd like to form my own opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuVtzkrUeL0&feature=related

try this!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:00 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Its not a Leo 4 Road on this video...

But on the right side are links to a Galassetti, this one sounds cool Wink

I found this, it is a Arrow and loos like a Leo. Did they have they own exhaust or have they a licensed copy? It also has a sound like the leos i heard on other scooters ( i never heard a Leo on Silver Wing)
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:10 pm

roadrunner wrote:
does anyone have a sound clip of the Leo Vince 4Road system?

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=50jBG6VEwy0&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Boudioue
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Boudioue

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:25 pm

It's on the s-wing 125. The sound is quite different on the bicylinder...
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:10 am

OT but not your answer, I found this Thunderoads (England?) it sounds pretty good on ther burger 400. Not sure if is adaptable to the SW. I havn't been able to find much more yet...still searching. Another one I'm researching is the Dark Horse by Towa.

Thunderoads sound clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqgjtEUTVjA&feature=related

Towa sound clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDDyXzJwdvQ
Back to top Go down
john123
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
john123

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Exhaust   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:51 pm

That is a remarkable beautiful system and like the way you can remove the baffle so easily. Where and how much did you system cost.

I went to an exhaust shop and had a muffler installed that cost 170.00 dollars and really like the sound around town but it takes me 20 min to replace the new one with the original sound.

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Personally I can't see the point of fitting an after market exhaust, the stock exhaust looks good, sounds fine, and does it's job. Loud pipes don't save lives, they just piss people off.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:10 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:37 pm

bigbird wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
Personally I can't see the point of fitting an after market exhaust, the stock exhaust looks good, sounds fine, and does it's job. Loud pipes don't save lives, they just piss people off.

+1
+2
Back to top Go down
Blueberries
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:38 pm

There are places here I could ride and kinda be like the tree that falls in the forest that nobody hears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:54 am

i need to know how much the chrome thing that covers the exhaust cost, could anybody please help me , i just scratch it.
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:31 am

Is it the heat shield on the side or the end cap? ......
Give this a shot ...........

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/1401-honda-2006-silver-wing-fsc600a/assemblies/18513
Back to top Go down
alejom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
alejom

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Windrider wrote:
bigbird wrote:
Meldrew wrote:

+1
+2
+3
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:12 pm

+4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:20 am

i must understand how a great deal the chrome point that handles the exhaust cost, could anybody please assist me , i just scratch it.Is it the heat force-shield about the part or even the finish cap? ......
Give this a shot ...........
Back to top Go down
BlackFly
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
BlackFly

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:47 am

MikeO wrote:
alejom wrote:
Windrider wrote:
bigbird wrote:
Meldrew wrote:

+1
+2
+3
+4

Just yesterday I had an example: I was driving in the city, wanna go to the left lane and turn left, have flashed and at just in that moment has such an idiot on a motorcycle the idea to overtake me. I can't see him in the mirror, but i heared him...
This bike had an akraprovic installed and it helps me to hear him for sure!

But this was a "legal" akraprovic with db-killer installed and my statement is only for the legal version! If you need an ear protection it is definitivly to loud and will piss people off
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:33 am

x

Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 am

Will be anxious to get your report on sound, performance, gas mileage, etc. Thanks for posting.

Bob
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:02 pm

It's only an exhaust whether it adds power or not, and I still say there's nothing wrong with the stock exhaust. I don't care what it sounds like as long as it's UK legal, doesn't upset the natives, and I wear earplugs anyway. I can save 15lbs of weight by eating less and taking more exercise. Smile

Last edited by Meldrew on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:45 pm

I agree; I did my racing on the track in my youth.

The stock Silverwing is no slouch and is plenty quick- and loud enough for me.Smile
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:14 pm

That is ONE (there are others) great thing about this forum. We all are not exactly the same in our preferences of what we enjoy while riding the Swing or any other vehicle. I am like you Mike, I had a bike that would ONLY go 85 MPH when I was 20. I WENT 85 MPH everywhere I went. Today, most of my riding is for leisure. I suppose most of my riding is 60 or less. I just enjoy riding my scoot. I don't mean to criticize those that still want to go 85+. Just toot your horn when you catch up to me and I will move over. Same here about the exaust system. I am fine with what the stock sounds like. But as long as you don't drive by my house between midnight and 530 in the morning, you can go for it.

Meldrew... let me know how the diet goes. I need to lose a few pounds (KG) myself. interest

Dang... I never thought I would agree with anything Meldrew said Laughing ... maybe there is hope for me yet.undecided My friends have told me that I am starting to sound a little British.

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
Meldrew... let me know how the diet goes. I need to lose a few pounds (KG) myself. interest

Dang... I never thought I would agree with anything Meldrew said Laughing ... maybe there is hope for me yet.undecided My friends have told me that I am starting to sound a little British.

About this diet, we can get through this together, so the next time you've got the urge to go to BJ's Pizza, call me! Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Gary, most of my vehicles have been utilities - vans, Land-Rovers and so on - so high speed has never been an option.

I think the Silverwing's got the most potential in that respect.

I've said it before, I expect, that my track days were at the Drag strip and even then were driving small cars - 91ci in the rail and 170ci in the altered.

Mind you, 126MPH with your arse just 3 inches off the tarmac seems very fast!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:25 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:15 pm

Mike said:
"126MPH with your arse just 3 inches off the tarmac seems very fast!"

To that I say 126 mph with any part of my anatomy 3 inches off the tarmac is TOO fast.

Meldrew... I have already started the diet.. I'm working on a bowl of cherry vanilla ice creme. Lifting that spoon is awesome exercise. I have to switch hands every 3 or 4 lifts.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:42 pm

I've started mine too, I opened a box of three Magnum ice cream bars, had one, got the taste for another, I did think about putting the remaining one back in the freezer but only for a second or two. I'll start the diet tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust options   Loud Exhaust options - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loud Exhaust options
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2