Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 1:02 am

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeby gustav Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Highest and most expensive!

Go down 
+2
dspevack
wingnprayer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Highest and most expensive! Empty
PostSubject: Highest and most expensive!   Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:39 pm

Just wondering how reliable and long lasting these machines really are? So thought it might be interesting to ask people to post their high mileages and/or their most expensive single repair/replacement to date (not accident related).

Approx running cost since purchase might also be interesting, but minus insurance, fuel, road tax, etc. Just the actual maintenance and new parts over X amount of years, including tires, battery, etc. Accessories don't count, although a separate total cost for those might be interesting!
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Highest and most expensive!   Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Well, not all part replacements are due to wear and tare Laughing

I know of one person who rode his swing for 133,000 miles before selling it to someone who has put another 30,000 on and its still going strong.

Other people turn it into a dirt bike, or ride two up overloaded. I haven't seen anyone
who does that say the Swing let them down when they overloaded it, but it does mean more wear on the shocks and tires.
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Highest and most expensive!   Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:19 pm

This site is used by a few members of www.maxi-muppets.co.uk

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/ I think it allows users to keep track of fuel, service charges etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highest and most expensive!   Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:14 pm

I bought my 2004 swing new and it now has 31,000 miles on it. I do all my own work on my bikes. The only non normal wear and tear thing i had to do so far is to replace my fork seals. I do tend to use it off road sometimes.
It's been a dependable low upkeep ride.
Paul
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Highest and most expensive!   Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:37 pm

I bought mine new in March of '07 and have 24,000 miles now. It runs great and have only changed tires, oil, and will have my first brake job this coming Thursday for the front and rear. I am also going to have one fork seal replaced too. Other than the normal maintenance I have had no trouble at all.

I will probably change the anti-freeze this summer. But this thing has just been so bullet-proof so far.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Highest and most expensive!   Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:13 am

Mines now on 21500 miles I havent had it long but ive replaced the belt front and rear tyres,front wheel bearings and front brake pads which accoriding to the service history was also done at 16000 miles ,mine has had careless owners although it has been serviced at the correct intervals ...its been through a couple of winters outside and always ridden but starts first push of the button
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highest and most expensive!   Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:46 am

Boutght used with 11000kms on the clock in mint condition.
18000 kms and counting
Replaced tyres and oil within maintanance.
All other are performance replacements.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Highest and most expensive!   Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:05 am

Bought my 2007 new last July (2008). Will hit 9,000 miles this week. No repairs yet, just a couple of routine oil changes, 1 new tire change, and a number of elective modifications to boost performance or for comfort/convenience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highest and most expensive!   Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 8:52 pm

723 miles and $86 for the 600 mile service.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Highest and most expensive!   Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:41 am

I'm close to 8,000 miles, and I bought it used with about the same. No non-maintenance repairs yet, except to replace the gas tank, which was a recall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highest and most expensive!   Highest and most expensive! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highest and most expensive!
Page 1 of 1