Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 12:53 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Today at 11:48 am

» checking the oil
Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Today at 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Accessory Socket for the US Version

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Accessory Socket for the US Version Empty
PostSubject: Accessory Socket for the US Version   Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 4:06 pm

I found a 12v accessory outlet at Radio Shack that does not require a backing nut. The socket has fingers that snap out when seated in the mounting hole.

Using the under dash mount in the kit as a template, enlarge the hole and cut a notch in the left pocket to keep the socket from spinning. I used a Dremel 1/8 straight router bit free hand until the socket fit.

There is a rubber cover on the socket that needs to be removed due to the thickness of the plastic of the dash to let the fingers seat and hold properly.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3896268&znt_campaign=Category_CMS&znt_source=CAT&znt_medium=RSCOM&znt_content=CT2818117

Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Accessory Socket for the US Version Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accessory Socket for the US Version   Accessory Socket for the US Version I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Bought a 12 V socket at Cycle Gear for $10.00, hooked up to battery, put small notch on bottom of battery cover for wires to extend out. Easy and cheap way to charge my cell phone.
Back to top Go down

Accessory Socket for the US Version
Page 1 of 1