Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2537
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Empty
PostSubject: Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride!   Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:53 am

Well, as promised here is the ride report from the above trip. A friend of mine (Bob) came over from California on his Gold Wing, on Sunday we met up with another friend (Matt) on his KLR650 and headed up Interstate 17 to the north country.

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Leaving

Leaving my house.

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Together

All three of us starting out!

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Flagstaff

Here we are stopped at Flagstaff to get some supplies, snow and slush? Yeap, oh and cold too!

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Cameron

We stopped at the Cameron Trading Post. They make one of the best Navajo tacos around! Bob (Gold Wing) had never tried one!

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Apt

Our 3 bedroom apartment at Gouldings Lodge in Monument Valley! Our home for three nights!

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! 4corners

The next morning we headed over to the Four Corners Monument. The only place in the US where four states border each other.

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! 4corners1

Here I am on the Monument, two of us drove our bikes around the area so we could say we had hit all 4 states!!!

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Ontour

Tuesday we took an all-day tour around Mystery Valley and Monument Valley! Spendy but worth it as the guide takes you places you are not allowed to see otherwise. The next pictures are from the tour.

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Dwellings

Anasazi cliff dwellings.

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Honeymoon

Honeymoon Arch

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Ontop

Some of our intrepid group on top of the arch!

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Lmitten

Left Mitten; in Monument Valley.

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Lpowell

Wednesday morning we headed out for Zion National Park. The above picture is taken at Lake Powell near Page, AZ.

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Zionsign

Here are the Wing and I at the entrance to Zion!

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Zion1

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Zion

Glenn and Bob in Zion.

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Laughlin

Thursday we headed to Laughlin, NV for the night. The temperatures were climbing!

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! Laughlin1

View from our room at the Tropicana Express.

The trip was fantastic. The temperatures went from 30-91 degrees during the trip. Quite a swing for sure! Absolutely no mechanical problems for any of us! My fuel mileage went from a low of 48 to a high of 62 with the average being around 54 MPG. Can't complain too much about that. I put 1253 miles total on my SWing during this trip the others varied a bit from that but were in the ballpark. Bob on the Gold Wing would be higher as he started from Southern California. A good time was had by all and we all made it home safe and sound!!!
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride!   Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Nice Glenn, thanks for the ride report and pictures. I have been to Zion NP, years ago but with the family and in cages. I hope to get there on the Swing one day.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride!   Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Glenn,
Thanks much for generating some very fond memories. I well remember (a long time ago) when someone suggested having a pee in all four states....

It's too bad that you were forced to stay in Nevada, at least not in Lost Wages.

Goulding's is one of my favorite motels.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride!   Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:21 am

Glad you and your buddies had such a great ride, Glenn. Great pics too. I especially love that one of the mitten.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride!   Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monument Valley, Zion National Park the actual ride!
Page 1 of 1