Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Silverwing Rider

Go down 
+2
KurtPerthWA
Mort
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mort
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-02-02

New Silverwing Rider Empty
PostSubject: New Silverwing Rider   New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 4:28 am

I ride a 2005 Shadow 600 myself but we just got my wife a 2002 Silverwing a few weeks ago. She wanted something heavier as we occasionally ride on the highway. Mostly we like to tow our bikes behind our RV and then cruise the areas we visit. She gave up her pink Vespa 150 for it. Right away she started having trouble. When she turns the key on the headlight is bright and goes out when she pulls the front brake all the way back, but nothing from the starter. This has happened a couple times now both times the bike had been running fine and we stopped for a short break. The dealer's mechanic says to try replacing this swith first as it's a common failure. He's doing it for free as we have a limited warranty. Both times the bike started after fiddling around for awhile. Anyways, that's why I joined this forum and Howdy. We are in Seattle but are from Kansas city.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider   New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 5:06 am

Welcome

Sidestand switch?
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider   New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 7:15 am

Welcome and enjoy the SWing!
Back to top Go down
Atrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Atrick

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-09-04

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider   New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:30 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
MTFastHounds
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-11-23

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider   New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Welcome from Montana! I have a brother & a sister that live in WA. Fox Island & Blaine - maybe I will make it out that way with my Silverwing someday.
Back to top Go down
Mort
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider   New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:55 am

They replaced the switch but it still malfunctions. They also suggested having the factory recall on the sidestand done and test that switch. I have to go to another dealer for this as they are no longer a Honda Dealer. I feel like they are just replacing parts but so far they are trying to fix it at no cost to me. Riding season is coming up and I don't want problems!

She dropped it for the first time right in front of the service dept today. She went to park sideways on a bit of a grade and when she dropped the kickstand it leaned over too far and down she went. Only her pride was damaged and a small crack in the fairing. It had been dropped before judging from the scratches.

Drop us a note if you ride out this way. This is a truly remarkable area. Just North of us is a route that winds up through the Cascades and they say it's some of the most beautiful scenery in the US outside of Alaska.
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider   New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi there!
Back to top Go down
Mort
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider   New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 2:56 am

First, I want to thank all you folks who took the time to reply. The electrical problem was in the kill switch. After just a few months my wife pulled her back trying to maneuver around the Silverwing. It's just too heavy for her. We sold the bike today and she bought a Honda 300GV I think. The model with the headlight on the front fixture. She looked at a model Beverly which she really wanted. With 16" tires and a 350cc engine it's described as a medium touring scooter. Just a little too tall. Anyways, I think the new scooter will be adequate and a much better match. Since we no longer have a Silverwing I'll be leaving the forum but you can reach me at the Honda Shadow forum. Thanks again and goodbye...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider   New Silverwing Rider I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Silverwing Rider
Page 1 of 1