Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

The dreadful coolant leak

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

The dreadful coolant leak Empty
PostSubject: The dreadful coolant leak   The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 pm

I got a small drop on the garage floor,opened both sides of the skirts and still can't find the location except for on the bottom of the right plastics,wiped it down and the next day, another drop .must be coming from the upper part .
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The dreadful coolant leak   The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:09 pm

tankyuong wrote:
I got a small drop on the garage floor,opened both sides of the skirts and still can't find the location except for on the bottom of the right plastics,wiped it down and the next day, another drop .must be coming from the upper part .

Check the hose clamps on the water pump hoses. Even though the pump is on the left side the coolant could possibly migrate to the opposite side.

I've had coolant drips from the various hoses in the past that have been remedied by tightening the clamps and presently have a small amount of coolant dripping from the weep hole in the water pump. Even though I picked up a new pump, but it's not serious enough to warrant tearing things apart right now. Eventually I'll get round to changing it.
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: The dreadful coolant leak   The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:54 am

Had a similar problem but mine was my front fork seals. If you can park it on a long sheet of paper, finding the source may be easier. Don't forget that fluids will often travel sideways down body parts... Good luck
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: The dreadful coolant leak   The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
tankyuong wrote:
Thanks found it, lower radiator clamp was loose
Check the hose clamps on the water pump hoses. Even though the pump is on the left side the coolant could possibly migrate to the opposite side.

I've had coolant drips from the various hoses in the past that have been remedied by tightening the clamps and presently have a small amount of coolant dripping from the weep hole in the water pump. Even though I picked up a new pump, but it's not serious enough to warrant tearing things apart right now. Eventually I'll get round to changing it.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: The dreadful coolant leak   The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:25 pm

tankyuong wrote:
Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
tankyuong wrote:
Thanks found it, lower radiator clamp was loose.

I think I found the response. Took me a little bit, but then I'm not really all that good at interpreting the responses of the masses. I hated those "Where's Waldo" books. Dang hidden messages on Beatles albums drove me nuts.

What prize do I win?
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

PostSubject: Re: The dreadful coolant leak   The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 11:38 pm

jdeereanton wrote:
tankyuong wrote:
Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
tankyuong wrote:

I think I found the response. Took me a little bit, but then I'm not really all that good at interpreting the responses of the masses. I hated those "Where's Waldo" books. Dang hidden messages on Beatles albums drove me nuts.

What prize do I win?

The knowledge of being right?

geek
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

PostSubject: Re: The dreadful coolant leak   The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 11:39 pm

jdeereanton wrote:
tankyuong wrote:
Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
tankyuong wrote:

What prize do I win?

The knowledge of being right?

geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The dreadful coolant leak   The dreadful coolant leak I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The dreadful coolant leak
Page 1 of 1