Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hate to admit it

Go down 
+23
PHXScooterBill
jobo2mi
Okiedolkle
tarmacburner2
txtrkdrvr
"Hi Yo"
Regio
Dreamrsmom
Nowun
RArch
Meldrew
Atrick
Waspie
kbcmdba
Ishkatan
GHM-PM
tinman
SCTLVR
johnd
model28a
DarthJ
Silverwing28681
hotwings
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm

I think this riding season is over for me! Was hopin for a few more warmer days but doesnt look like its gonna happen! By the time i get home from work the evenings are usually cold and darkness is startin to set in. The weekends are too busy or its rainin. Its not unusual to have frost on my truck in the mornings now before headin to work.
My wife and i got to see Florida for the first time while going on a cruise at Port Canaveral last february. While we were being shuttled from Orlando airport i was amazed at how warm it was and everyone on the go in "summer" mode. We left home 4 hours before in a snowstorm! Do these people know how good they got it!!! Biking all year!!! I guess they pay the price during the hurricane season.
Anyways, maybe i'll get one more ride before having to mothball the ol hog!
Back to top Go down
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-16

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Its cool here in the mornings, but by mid day you can ride but winter is on its way, let me ask everyone here. How is the weather your way?
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:48 pm

Sorry bro. Here, while it can snow, and does a couple times, it doesn't stick. So the Shadow gets ridden all year round. Great for school, only drive the cage once a week since I have 3 classes spread through the day, makes sense to have the cage for a base of operations (can't nap on a bike Laughing )
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 pm

Hot as well, not that hot. But I can't wait until we get some cool fall weather. The weather man just said yesterday was the end of our rainy season, so when it cools down we will have great riding until spring rain comes again. It will be a little cold in February. But we will be able to wear safer riding gear soon for four or five months. cheers I ride me Wing as my main transportation no matter the weather.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 1:31 pm

Today
Santa Barbara Ca. Our first shower this year. :flower:

70 °F
Chance of T-storms
30% chance of precipitation
Tonight
54 °F
Chance of T-storms
40% chance of precipitation
Tomorrow
70 | 55 °F
Chance of Rain
40% chance of precipitation
Friday
72 | 55 °F
Partly Cloudy
Saturday
73 | 57 °F
Partly Cloudy
Sunday
75 | 59 °F
Clear
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-27

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Fairfield, CA
Mid 70's (~21C) today and rest of week.
No rain since ~June. Will have some rain in the next 60 days.
Perfect weather for wine country, Sierra Nevada mountains, coastal rides, etc.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:39 am

SCTLVR wrote:
Fairfield, CA
Mid 70's (~21C) today and rest of week.
No rain since ~June. Will have some rain in the next 60 days.
Perfect weather for wine country, Sierra Nevada mountains, coastal rides, etc.
sounds like paradise, oh wait the earthquakes!! The TV ads make it look appealing tho!!
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:07 am

This morning it is -2 C 28 F . Still waiting for the indian summer. With my AF w screen, UK wind deflectors , and Oxford Heater grip,I can ride at +5 C. very comfortably. Smile motorcycle
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:55 am

Thursday

Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 66F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
If the weather ever got down to 28deg around here Tinman, my eye lids would close and I would go into hibernation. :lol!: I have no idea what that feels like.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:58 am

What would you do at - 40. C or F , take your pic. No choice but to wait till + 5 C It could take 6 month or 7 for that nice whether to come back :lol!:
With my Voyager trike kit coming next week I will be able to ride longer . motorcycle
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Wickenburg, AZ

Cloudy today with some showers, but still warm so going riding later with a scooter group from Tucson! I am "mature" enough to know that I won't melt...

I can ride pretty much all year around here, may need my heavy jacket and chaps but at least I can GO!!!
Back to top Go down

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Forecast is for 80s on Saturday, I'm going to a bonfire in the evening and I'm planning on riding. I hope it doesn't get too cold when the sun goes down.

It's been unseasonably cold here in Tennessee (the world's worst place to ride, I've heard) so I haven't been able to ride as much as I like, but there are still some nice riding days left in the season.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Went for a coffee run 50 kl away left it was 5 C and cloudy,came back it was 4 C and snowing all the way ,and warm as toast. Smile motorcycle
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:32 pm

I've been in three earthquakes in 18 years. Two were almost imperceptible and one was pretty big, when I was in Hayward. Earthquakes are WAY overblown in the media from personal experience. Love it here after living in rainy Pacific Northwest much of my life. I've paid the raingod in full!
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Tinman you must live in the woods so far that you would have to come out to go hunting!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 pm

You could say that again . If I would have been 3 seconds slower 2 month ago I would have smacked one going 60 mph . One motorcycle rider was killed this year,close to 50 moose and bears died on the highway this year. affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Killing fields!
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:09 am

Yikes, I am taking the bike in for "inspection" and it will be 37 F in the AM, with a high of 54 for the day. Time to get the winter liners into the riding pants.

I'm just north of DC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 5:54 am

tinman wrote:
You could say that again . If I would have been 3 seconds slower 2 month ago I would have smacked one going 60 mph . One motorcycle rider was killed this year,close to 50 moose and bears died on the highway this year. affraid affraid
Yes tinman, im originally from NFLD. where the highway moose are a big issue. A lot of families can tell their horror stories of a loved one killed by a moose collision! I recall a cousin a few years ago being killed by hitting a moose with a motorcycle. He was 18. Tinman keep that speed down at night!!!
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 6:25 am

I don't like to ride at night , but some times ,I don't make it home on time .NFLD started with 4 moose and now it has 6 moose Per Sqare Mile.Like the Nuffie says ( Got to get me Moose) . I live 80 kl in any direction of a Tin Horton coffee shop and I got to get me coffee. :lol!: motorcycle
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 3:27 am

Been riding all year long now for years and still love it. My no-go weather conditions are (in no particular order),

Ice on the road
High winds (especially gusty cross-winds)
Lightning in the air-ea :-)
Obscured visibility (fog, smoke, rain, ...) below 1/2 mile or 1 mile at highway speeds.

I often choose not to ride in dank (cold/rainy/foggy) weather but it is not a no-go by itself unless I am sick (but that is a no-go of its own).

You may ask about lightning - I won't intentionally ride in it because there is no cage around me to protect me and I just don't want to take a chance. I just don't see the point in challenging extremely high voltages flying thru the air anyway. I also don't mind taking a cab or calling my wife in those conditions if waiting it out is not going to work.
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Fantastic weather! Do not live here please   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 am

oday
81 °F
Clear
Tonight
61 °F
Clear
Tomorrow
82 | 63 °F
Clear
Thursday
84 | 61 °F
Clear
Friday
73 | 57 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Saturday
72 | 57 °F
Partly Cloudy :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:01 am

No-Go weather for me is simply Snow and/or Ice, forecast or actual. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Atrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Atrick

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:49 am

Boy am I glad we don't have moose on our roads - altho' we do find a few in the pubs on a Saturday night however they usually get better looking as the evening wears on.... drunken
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Just came back from a Tim coffee, 5C,42 F. You are lucky to ride in a warm place like that . Here we have a few moose face in the Pubs but they look better as the night goes on. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:22 am

It's early afternoon, dull and grey, and there's rain and hail of almost biblical proportions coming down at the moment, it's dark and there's occasional thunder and lightning thrown in for good measure. If a plague of frogs rained down next I wouldn't be at all surprised. Neutral
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:32 am

Save some water for California please.

Today
84 °F
Clear
Tonight
63 °F
Clear
Tomorrow
82 | 61 °F
Clear
Friday
77 | 57 °F
Clear
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:41 am

Its sunny in London but of course that is all going to change as soon as I head for home Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:48 pm

RArch;
I'd feel sorry for you except, even in the rain, London is London and therefore one of the great cities of the world. I'm more envious than I should be, living in the weather heaven San Francisco Bay Area.
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Hey, as luck would have it no rain on the way home Smile

The A40 was backed up for some reason but filtering past cagers always brings a smile Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:10 pm

J9, M27 all the way up to J10. M3 was solid this morning - due to minor accidents after heavy early morning rain - so I filtered for 20 miles between lanes 2 and 3.

Like you say RArch - lots of grin factor.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:21 pm

High of 19c and sunny for tomorrow! Hopefully i'll get home in time to go for a ride!
Back to top Go down
Dreamrsmom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Awwww......you've gotta love livin' in Las Vegas. It was 78 degrees today. Perfect riding weather. Tomorrow night is a get together with Meetup Scooter Group here in town. It starts at 7pm. There's food, a raffle, discounts on gear....so, if anyone is in town and wants to scoot over to CycleGear on N. Decatur...we'd be happy to have you join us.
Back to top Go down
Regio
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Regio

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-04-25

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Tim's Coffee   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:12 pm

tinman wrote:
Just came back from a Tim coffee, 5C,42 F. You are lucky to ride in a warm place like that . Here we have a few moose face in the Pubs but they look better as the night goes on. :lol!:
Ahh but I sure would like a Tim Horton's cuppa right about now!
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:15 am

To day ,the temp.is going up to 18C, 68 F ,That's a record breaker. Bring it ON,hope it stays like that till Xmas.{Ya Right, Sad Sad }
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 pm

hotwings wrote:
High of 19c and sunny for tomorrow! Hopefully i'll get home in time to go for a ride!
Yep finally got a little ride in! Sunny and warm all day then on the way home from work the sky was turning black with rain clouds (of course) but i decided to go anyways. Got fueled up and went about 60k. The rain held off. Didn't bother asking the wife, as her passenger riding season is definitely over. She's a hot weather girl. Who knows maybe i'll get another ride in yet!! The long range forecast is calling for 20c next Thursday.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hate to admit it 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Hey hotwings, if 60k is a little ride, I'd hate to go on a long ride. Shocked
Back to top Go down
txtrkdrvr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
txtrkdrvr

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:19 am

I believe he meant to say 60k = 60 KM = 37.2 miles
Back to top Go down
txtrkdrvr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
txtrkdrvr

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:24 am

Living in Florida, the riding season is just now starting. After 5 months of 90 F + heat, we are starting to get the really nice weather for riding. Today high near 88 F with a low of 63 F. It should pretty much stay this way till December where it will drop another 10 degrees on average till March. Then sometime about the end of May next year we'll have 5 more blistering months of heat.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:41 am

txtrkdrvr wrote:
I believe he meant to say 60k = 60 KM = 37.2 miles
No i meant to say 60k. Its another way of saying sixty kilometers for you who thought i went 60000 kilometers in one evening Laughing Why are you using a decimal when you converted shouldnt you have used a fraction 37 1/5 miles, thats whats on ye alls road signs! Razz
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:42 am

It sure beats my 6 or 7 month of - 10 to -40 degree whether which Jan and feb,at -30 to-40 averaged . Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:32 am

60k and no mention of refilling the tank - I want that scooter - How much? Seller pays shipping to England.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:38 am

tarmacburner2 wrote:
60k and no mention of refilling the tank - I want that scooter - How much? Seller pays shipping to England.

Cheers,
Yours for 60k Laughing
Back to top Go down
Okiedolkle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Okiedolkle

Number of posts : 69

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:59 pm

I don't ride when there is precipitation or in the winter when there is snow or salt on the roads.

It was 30 deg F last Friday morning when I drove the Wing to work. It was invigorating. Trip is only about 6 miles/10 min.
You just 'layer' up on the clothing.

I plan to drive it all year round when the roads are clear.

Enjoy the ride,
Homer
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:29 pm

I don't ride when it's wet (if I can help it!) or definitley don't ride when it's WHITE!! And as for the cold....I can layer up to about 40-45f then factor in the the windchillto down in the 20s, but any lower than that and it just isn't worth the discomfort .... although I surely do miss riding!
Back to top Go down
http://www.josbooks4kids.com
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 pm

I am in Arizona and so far with my SWing I have ridden in rain three times, hail twice and a windstorm (sand) twice. No "white" stuff so far thank God!!!
What a Face
Back to top Go down
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 1:01 am

Dreamrsmom wrote:
Awwww......you've gotta love livin' in Las Vegas. It was 78 degrees today. Perfect riding weather. Tomorrow night is a get together with Meetup Scooter Group here in town. It starts at 7pm. There's food, a raffle, discounts on gear....so, if anyone is in town and wants to scoot over to CycleGear on N. Decatur...we'd be happy to have you join us.
Dreamersmom,
It was a pleasure to meet you and others in our local Vegas "Maxi-scooter family", last night at Cycle Gear. cheers
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 6:25 am

Turned 21c here yesterday. Blue skies. Went for a ride, the wife also went with me (she hates cold). We came back in the dark and it was still fairly warm. We commented that the ride home seemed warmer than a few mid summer night rides! Who'da thunk it, oct 25th!!!
Back to top Go down
Darkeswinger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Darkeswinger

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-06-11

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:19 am

Enjoyed the last of the nice weather (for a while) here in Ohio yesterday. 3 hours on the scoot was a blessing. Dodging leaves and squirrels on the turns keeps one very alert. Can't wait for another chance to ride. I had plans for a much longer ride this weekend with my wife, but the weather is not cooperating this time.
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Mild weather here in Maryland all this week so got to ride everyday.

There's a major storm coming up from the south so next week doesn't look
good at all

Love it when I just twist the throttle and I gone

That's the best thing about the Silverwing is it's smooth deceptive power

Sure will miss it and go cabin crazy next week until Hurricane Sandy passes by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hate to admit it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hate to admit it   Hate to admit it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hate to admit it
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next