Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 2:15 am

» Drive belt prices
What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 1:28 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:27 am

» New to Me Swing
What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What about a Hi Viz Wing?

Go down 
+6
mjm1942
tarmacburner2
tinman
GHM-PM
Silverwing28681
rodenbach
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

What about a Hi Viz Wing? Empty
PostSubject: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:20 am

With the 'dark seasons' approaching, I was wondering if any of you guys have experience with so called 'Hi Viz' decals, stickers of tape.

My silver Silver Wing is very nice and clean, and although it is one of the largest and highest motoscooters on the market, compared to a car (not to mention an SUV) it's profile is very, very tiny. And the decent silver colour isn't exactly an eye catcher in modern traffic... I've already replaced the front twin W5W bulbs with LED's for a blue-ish accent, but think this is not enough.

I would like to stand out a little bit more, and was thinking of adding some 'Hi Viz' decals to the bodywork. I've recently bought a Caberg Konda in neon yellow to replace my old black helmet, and would like to continue the fluorescent look on the fairing of the SW.

What about a Hi Viz Wing? 2r39lqd

Are there any custom made sticker sets on the market, or do I have to 'past and glue' like in kindergarden? (over half a century ago...)

Here's one bike that will catch your eye...

What about a Hi Viz Wing? Vndpax

note: after breaking two vertebrae I had surgery on my spine and now am missing the spinous process of 3 vertebrae (L3, L4, L5). That 's one genuine reason for being noticed and preventing SMIDSY accidents...
Back to top Go down
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:39 pm

NICE ! I agree it is amazing as BIG as the Silver Wing is People will not see you, Ive had people pull right out in front of me ( Glad the Wing has great brakes and ABS ) and even been looking at me !!!!

But back to the point, One thing I think about is the quality of vinyl you use, Neon fades fast in sun, and Number two also with the quality you use the better the vinyl the eaiser it will be to remove later on if you want to change up your look in the future,

When you do get the Tape and or decals on the Wing we would like to see it ! Thanks oh ya like the helmet !

Last edited by Silverwing28681 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Great idea. I have used 3M reflective on my top box to aid visibility a bit but more needs to be done... My Wing is black so night is a dangerous time for sure. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:50 pm

I went to a sign shop where they make road sign in any colour that reflex at night when light shines on them .There computer program can make any decal you want, I had reflected Honda wings made for mine. they have reflected tape in any colour as well. cheers
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:21 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A4-SHEET-FLUORESCENT-RED-SELF-ADHESIVE-VINYL-/400057401386?pt=UK_Crafts_StickersScraps_Decoupage_SM&hash=item5d2547802a#ht_500wt_1181

I know this is ebay uk but sheets of this is what I use to make my stickers. Various colours available.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
mjm1942
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mjm1942

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:42 pm

I found some hi-vis reflective bright yellow tape at a store chain called Princess Auto. A few strategically placed strips on the front fairing and back of the mirrors seems to have helped a lot. Add my bright yellow helmet and hi-vis jacket and I don't feel quite so invisible (although I still ride like I am). I think that quite a few cagers who spot me sometimes mistake me for a cop as their driving suddenly tones down. My avatar shows some of the strips. I am also in the process of adding some bright blue riding lights on the front forks.
Back to top Go down
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Thank you all for your replies, that was fast! cheers

I don't want to 'copy' any particular police bike, but if other motorists mistake you for one...

I was thinking of using some fluo-yellow on the front and the side of the bodywork. No blue or red involved No

Since a picture seems to paint a thousand words, here's what I've fabricated with PhotoImpact:

What about a Hi Viz Wing? 14y7m8

With "car wrapping" a new fashion, I am looking in that direction, since I fear that a good quality vinyl tape might be too sticky if ever I want to remove it later...

All comments are welcomed with open arms and mind welcome
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Vinyl tape etc can be removed easily. A gentle warming with a hair dryer loosens it enough. Any glue residue can be removed with something like Auto Glym's Tar Remover.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:20 pm

I still think the best way to be seen is with "lights". . .Dennis makes a great mounting bracket for driving lights that can be purchased at Wal-Mart for under 20 dollars. I would not be seen without mine! On coming traffic can see me coming. I also have blue lights in the cowl and a high mount brake light in the rear. If you have a T-box it will probably have a high mount brake light and maybe lights around it.
Just some suggestions
Old Dave in Western Nebraska Smile
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:28 am

Hey "rod",
Nice application of color on your PhotoShop piece. Good way to 'color' up one of our SWings. That front end treatment gives it a 'mean-eyed bird beak' look. Well, I'm no artist... but I like it. If a person was to use some vinyl in that fashion, they could also use it to cover up some of the scuff mark areas like I have. Just a thought. You do yours first though... Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 am

DickO wrote:
If a person was to use some vinyl in that fashion, they could also use it to cover up some of the scuff mark areas like I have.

Laughing Laughing , DickO, that's what I did!! Placed a 'Bridgestone' transfer over a rather ugly scratch!!! It was way too difficult trying to get a paint match so; thought I'd glam up the bike with a bit of subtle advertising!!!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Chaos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-06-08

PostSubject: Visibility    What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:36 am

I have a top box that has a spoiler that has a additional brake light that twinkles until the brake is applied and then it turns solid. It also has additional directional lights. Plus it has added backrest It was only $50 brand new on amazon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What about a Hi Viz Wing?   What about a Hi Viz Wing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What about a Hi Viz Wing?
Page 1 of 1