Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST Empty
PostSubject: 24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST   24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:20 pm

A few weeks ago I rode with an identical 2008 Honda Silverwing with the only 'main' difference being that my SWing has 24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs the other SWing having the stock OEM Honda rollers. At one point we decided to do a ROAD TEST to determine if the Dr Pulley Sliders were much faster (they sure feel faster) that the stock rollers. Both SWings were about equally loader (rider and gear). The ROAD TEST was on a country road that was in perfect condition, lanes were plenty wide, and on an uphill grade. We had decided to 'stop' the test at 70mph (indicated). We only did this once - it may not be very scientific - but here are our observations.

MY Notes: We both seemed to start about the same time. I was clearly accelerating faster than the other SWing - but not really that much faster. As we went faster I was not pulling ahead any faster - and at the end I am guessing that we were only separated by a couple of bike lengths (but a bit hard to say as mirrors are misleading).

OTHER Rider's Notes: I opened a moment before you (~0.5 seconds?). Your bike pulled steadily ahead until ~35 – 40 MPH and then the bikes were perfectly in sink. The evidence here is that the DR rollers help at the start and things level out after an initial improvement in acceleration.

My conclusion is that the 24gr Dr Pulley Sliders are noticeably smoother than the stock rollers (we had swapped bikes for part of our ride) - which may make it 'feel' as if it is faster - but in reality it may only be marginally faster. However, it seems as if the Dr Pulley will give an edge when pulling out at a traffic light - when sometimes you want to be first. In summary, for the great smoothness and what may be a small acceleration boost - they are indeed a worthwhile investment. At some future date I would like to try a set of 22gr Dr Pulley Sliders!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: 24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST   24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Just curious, how much did the Dr pulley setup cost you? Interesting comparison, my OEM unit seems to do fine for my needs but if conversion is not spendy might give it a go!!! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

PostSubject: Re: 24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST   24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:00 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
Just curious, how much did the Dr pulley setup cost you?

Hello Glenn, Got mine on EBay for about $60 delivered. When you get around to changing your drive belt the installation of the Dr Pulley Sliders may add 30minutes tops as nothing more needs to be unscrewed or tightened - just what you need for your normal belt change. If you like your scoot now - then I would just wait until your next drive belt change - then install the Dr Pulley Sliders and most everyone that has will likely tell you will like your scoot even more!
Back to top Go down
Silverwing28681
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Silverwing28681

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: 24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST   24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:52 pm

If you install the 22gr Dr Pulley Sliders will you lose any top end speed ? Im sure it will take off faster but is there a flip side to it as a loss on the top end ?
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

PostSubject: Re: 24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST   24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Silverwing28681 wrote:
If you install the 22gr Dr Pulley Sliders will you lose any top end speed ? Im sure it will take off faster but is there a flip side to it as a loss on the top end ?

I can't say from experience about 22gr as I have 24gr - but others on this forum have indicated that their rpms with 22gr at 70mph go down - not up (I can say from experience that they go down with the 24gr). Compared to stock rollers your acceleration with 24gr improves IMHO across the entire range - at least it sure feels like it. And, if you don't go heavy on the throttle then I am 'guessing' that your mileage won't suffer - but good luck trying to do that.
Here is a link on the 22gr sliders:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t4894-dr-pulleys-22gram-sliders
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST   24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

24gr Dr Pulley Sliders vs OEM Stock Rollers ROAD TEST
Page 1 of 1