Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr Pulley Sliders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HORNBLOWER
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2013-10-08

Dr Pulley Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Dr Pulley Sliders   Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 4:56 am

I spent quite a lot of time reading through the internet trying to find out about the different ways that different weights of sliders work.
Sadly most people who have fitted them just say they are brilliant and go faster, especially from a standstill!
Could people who have them please try to give a better discription of how their particular weight of slider s work.
From everything I read it would seem that the lighter slider is thrown out more slowly on initial acceleraton and so uses higher engine revs to pull away and the heavier the slider would be flung out much quicker and would use lower revs! Evidently there are far more variables to be included that I dont quite understand yet.
I eventually decided to use 25gm weights, most of my riding tends to be in the city and the main area i wanted to improve was 30 to 50 acceleration.
This is what after limited miles I have noticed so far.
0 to 5 mph very little difference till the clutch locks up.
5 to 30 seems to pull harder.
30 to 60 is a lot more lively.
60 to 80 is a little better
and it seems to go up to the same sort of top speed as before I put the sliders in with lower revs.
I didnt get enough free road to test exact speeds and revs and I also didnt have my sat nav on for accurate speeds. I also have no idea yet on how my fuel economy will have changed.
I am going to take a longer trip two up from Birmingham to Aberystwyth and back tomorrow to get a better idea of performance and will post what I find.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Dr Pulley Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sliders   Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:56 am

Hi HORNBLOWER,

I don't have much, if any, technical knowledge with the Dr. Sliders except that I put on a set of 26 Grams along with a new belt change this past winter.

While it may be all in my head I have noticed more "get up and go" on take off. It does seem a bit more snappy. At highway speeds I think the rpms have come down a couple hundred or so.

Last summer I hadn't thought of putting in sliders. I decided on it this winter so I didn't go and check on the rpms at various speeds to compare it to once the sliders were installed. And I'm sort of kicking myself for not doing that if for nothing more than my knowledge.

All in all I'm happy with them. I do know that last summer it got up to 95 mph pretty quick and this summer it got up just over 100 mph in about the same time. Although I will never admit to going that fast but that darned speedometer did just jump up to that speed by itself. I had nothing to do with it. LOL
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

Dr Pulley Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sliders   Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 11:06 am

I just installed 26g sliders and new belt 2 days ago. Comparing rpm with stock rollers I was hitting 6500 rpm before at 80mph and am now down to 5800. My old belt appears to have gone 23k as I just bought the bike and appears to have only had one belt change. Acceleration is brisker than before and can still easily get to 100.  Having had a Reflex before, my SW feels like a Reflex on steroids. Mine is bloody fast and this comes from a guy who also rides a Honda 919. My need for speed is easily met with the SW as I've decided it's really all I need now. Tonight my 919 and Burgman 650 go up for sale on CL. My SW is going to replace all the others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dr Pulley Sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sliders   Dr Pulley Sliders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Pulley Sliders
Page 1 of 1