Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bike8 Route Files

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:22 am

Hello,
I have created route files for the routes listed in Bike magazine's
Epic Routes supplement for a figure of eight road trip in England, Scotland and Wales. The route can be seen here in four stages using Google maps http://www.bikersoracle.com/triumphsprint/forum/showthread.php?t=7153 See the first posting.

I have created the route files using TomTom. I have the POI .ov2, the itinerary .itn and the icon .bmp files. Also a warning sound for the POIs. I also have the .kml files if you want to view them on Google Earth.
If anyone wants these then PM me with your email address and I will either send you them as an attachment or a link to Dropbox if I can figure out how to do a complete folder rather than an individual file.

Some of you colonials on the over side of the pond maybe interested in these routes. Have a look at our little roads. Smile

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Good and very useful posting, thanks.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:46 am

Steve,

Hope you are enjoying the Varadero - bit different to the scooter.

I have the routes in a couple of formats TomTom (both .ov2 and .itn), .gpx and .axe (Autoroute).
We are doing the northern section next week starting on Sunday 16th so the files may get updated when we come back.
I will also be using a GPS tracker so we will have a record of where we went wrong!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:04 am

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Steve,

Hope you are enjoying the Varadero - bit different to the scooter.

I have the routes in a couple of formats TomTom (both .ov2 and .itn), .gpx and .axe (Autoroute).
We are doing the northern section next week starting on Sunday 16th so the files may get updated when we come back.
I will also be using a GPS tracker so we will have a record of where we went wrong!

Cheers,

Very different all round, humungously good tourer though. 25l tank is especially nice. Not as comfy as the Swing in many ways and nowhere near as good for commuting type work Smile Stick it on a European road with 500 miles to cover though....

I'll keep and eye for the reports on the route! Wink
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Got back from doing the northern part of the route at 13:30 today. Two of us set off on Monday at 10:15. In total we covered 1040 miles, 100 of which was getting and returning from the actual route. Silverwing behaved itself very well, I knew it was a comfortable tourer and it has had plenty of experience on the twisties this week.
I'll post some pictures when I do a bit of a report in a new thread.
Sleep will not be a problem tonight!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Well done, I bet that was a great adventure Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Touring in foreign lands is always fun!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:26 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Touring in foreign lands is always fun!

Cheers,

Aye chatting with folk with strange habits and customs, speaking a new language... Wink
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:05 pm

So you've been to Scotland as well Steve! Laughing

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:24 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
So you've been to Scotland as well Steve! Laughing

Cheers,

Not as often as I should in good weather though :D

Supposed to be in Ullapool next weekend for a bike rally, but I have seen the weather forecast... It'll have to change a bit before I start pitching a tent next Friday night for 3 nights.

Even if I did have a "cunning plan" to get a mains hookup and plug in an electric blanket and fan heater!! I was told in no uncertain terms that was not proper camping... Stuff that idea I though, warm is good Wink Proper lights etc... Why not??
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:26 am

We 'roughed it' in hotels this time. No fun trying to keep everything dry when you are pitching or loading the scoot in the rain. Tents and sleeping bags never came off the scoot or bike.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:38 am

tarmacburner2 wrote:
We 'roughed it' in hotels this time. No fun trying to keep everything dry when you are pitching or loading the scoot in the rain. Tents and sleeping bags never came off the scoot or bike.

Cheers,

Wise move..

I met up on a lunchtime with a rider from S Wales on Wednesday, and he rated Euro touring using Formula1/Ibis mega cheap hotels, pre booked. Reckoned it was getting almost as low as camping. Not sure I can believe that, but less than 25quid/night is easily achievable. Brekkie was around €4 as i recall from the website. Might give it a try!

I am also wondering if I should clear off later this week and try for a late blast in the Dolomites. Too cold for hig level camping now anyway, so that would be a credit card and clean undies type trip... You know the one's the sportsbike lads have Laughing
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:44 am

tarmacburner2 wrote:

Cheers,

I'm considering getting a Mini-Mate for that very reason. It'sno fun to ride wet and cold then have to pitch a tent and stay wet... Makes it hard to keep the flu away... Mini unfolds into a raised tent in minutes and the flooring never touches the ground. Easy to keep dry in with very little effort.

They have some nice vids on YouTube.

KB
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:08 am

kbcmdba wrote:
tarmacburner2 wrote:

Cheers,

I'm considering getting a Mini-Mate for that very reason. It's no fun to ride wet and cold then have to pitch a tent and stay wet..

KB

Nice toy!! Smile Not too sure that I would want to be carting one of those round after me if I was scratching in the Alps or Pyrenees! Bit heavy for a Swing I would have thought too...

I use a Khyam tent, about as good as they get for a quick erect. Tent The Biker tent is a bit slower than the Igloo but not by much and as you erect the fly as well as the inner in one go, you have a dry spot for your gear inside 2 mins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bike8 Route Files Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike8 Route Files   Bike8 Route Files I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bike8 Route Files
Page 1 of 1