Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?

Go down 
+2
"Hi Yo"
som2002
6 posters
AuthorMessage
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-06-19

DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? Empty
PostSubject: DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?   DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:17 am

Been kicking around the idea of getting a 2009 DN-01 for something different. I have always liked the looks of them and the exclusiveness(one year only), you never see them out and about around here. I have only ran into one a few years back about 15 cities away gassing up at a station we were gassing up at. They were alot of money when they came out ($15k-ish) and then dealerships were selling new ones years later at rock bottom prices to clear them out of the inventory. I think new ones were selling for $7,500 just last year. Now if dealerships have used ones they are wanting $8k - $9k around here. It is my understanding that they only brought over about 1,000 units here in the states, so maybe they are starting to have some collectability?? I would be buying it to ride more than an investment though. The drawback is the lack of storage that I've now gotten spoiled with having (although they do make Givi add on boxes) and also the high price used ones are bringing. I know they are a love it or hate it type bike in many peoples opinions, but I've never been out to try to impress others, believe me, I take plenty of ribbing for riding a "scooter" from enough people I know. Rolling Eyes I ride what impresses me, not them Wink I know an aftermarket windscreen is a must, but I'm not very impressed with the looks of the Givi design, I think it ruins the lines of the bike. I know there is another brand that clamps onto the stock shorty windscreen and makes it into an adjustable style (ST1300-ish). My question is does anyone here have any real world experience with these bikes. Anything I need to look for or should be aware of that I may not have come across in my internet research..lol. I don't need people chiming in about how ugly or what an overpriced piece of junk Honda wasted their time with, I don't really care about opinions on the looks or whatever. Just people who have had experience with them. Hard to bring myself to spend 9 grand on one when there are so many other choices for that kind of ching. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.fquick.com/som2002
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

PostSubject: Re: DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?   DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:28 am

Moderator, feel free to move if in wrong section.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?   DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:09 am

There was a discussion on this last September in the "Other Scooters" section, but noone claimed to own one at that time. Maybe someone will know more now. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?   DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:53 am

There is a gal named Maggie on the Maxi-scoots.com forum who has one and she seems to love it. You should look her up.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?   DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:46 am

There is a guy out my way who has one and loves it. He has it all decked out with tons of add-ons. If you plan on keeping it a long time and using it a lot you may want to consider parts availability/price in the out years (get out your crystal ball).
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?   DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:06 am

The Scootist wrote:
There is a gal named Maggie on the Maxi-scoots.com forum who has one and she seems to love it. You should look her up.

I have met Maggie and her husband Pete (as I recall). Pete said that he mostly rode the DN-01 and Maggie occasionally rode it.

Pete really liked his DN-01. He also said that after a couple of hours riding, he had to switch with Maggie to ride because he would get uncomfortable ( I did not ask specifics ).
Back to top Go down
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

PostSubject: Re: DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?   DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:25 pm

ok, thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?   DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:56 pm

som2002 wrote:
>>. It is my understanding that they only brought over about 1,000 units here in the states, so maybe they are starting to have some collectability?? <<

Jeez, you want collectability?... Try to find a Big Ruckus, Then try to get it cheap.
Back to top Go down
som2002
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
som2002

PostSubject: Re: DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?   DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
som2002 wrote:
>>. It is my understanding that they only brought over about 1,000 units here in the states, so maybe they are starting to have some collectability?? <<

Jeez, you want collectability?... Try to find a Big Ruckus, Then try to get it cheap.
What's "cheap"?http://appleton.craigslist.org/mcy/3070355027.html
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?   DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:34 pm

$3600 isn't exactly cheap. But that BR is going to get more pricey as time goes by.

There a fellow in MI who's snapping them up and either flipping them at a good profit quickly or just plain sitting on them. He's got 6 or 7 of them now IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?   DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DN-01s, anyone own one or know someone who does?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Other Scooters and Motorcycles :: Other Scooter Topics-
Jump to: