Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?

Go down 
+4
MikeO
micbusathens
JeffR_
Dimond
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? Empty
PostSubject: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 pm

I like and plan to stick with the Diablo tires; however, I have been given a new Bridgestone Hoop BO2 REAR tire. Do you think that I will notice much of a difference with a Hoop on the back? This will be until the Hoop wears out - then I plan to switch back to the Diablo on the rear. Is this an OK idea or is it bad to mix tires as I am planning on doing? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:22 pm

I have never mixed tires myself. But I had the Hoops as OEM and I will never go back to them, after having the Diablo's and Metzlers. I'm sure it would not hurt anything at all since there are many SWing owners who do mix tires, as long as it is in good condition. If you do this please come back and tell us what you think? And how it handles?
Back to top Go down
micbusathens
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
micbusathens

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2012-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:37 pm

I wouldn't on a sports bike.....Why not on SW ,not big of a deal.I do agree with JeffR's comment.After having Diablos I'll never go back to Hoops.Mine as OEM was wearing IRC's.Even those were better than Hoops but I cant find them in the market.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:47 pm

There was a big discussion on another forum on the same subject recently.....with the same divided opinions.
My take on the subject is that the tyres on front and rear are different sizes for a start so are bound to handle differently even if the same in all other respects.
By the same token, when I put a Bridgestone Hoop on the rear of my X9 500 it transformed already good handling into brilliant.
It's a strange world!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:10 pm

I had Bridgestone Hoops on my scooter. When the rear wore out someone gave me an IRC' and I went ahead and mounted it and my scooter handled a lot better than with the wore out Hoop.(of course) That said I would and will put the same kind on the front and rear when it is time to replace them. My front tire seams to last twice as long as my rear so when the free rear is wore out I will need a new front also. And I am thinking of trying the new dual compound scooter tires that Michelin is now selling. So to answer your question yes you will notice a difference but the difference is you will have a new tire on instead of a wore out one. Just my two cents, your mileage may differ.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:03 am

Find someone who needs a rear Hoop and donate it to them.

A simple rule I have always followed is never mix manufacturers on a bike / scooter. In the case of four wheels never mix on the same axle.

I swapped from Hoops to Metzeler on the Silverwing, won't be going back to the Hoops. I'm now waiting for Metzeler Feelfree Wintec tyres for my Burgman.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:32 am

In what way are the Metzelers better than the Hoops ? I just replaced my Hoops with the same after 6000 miles, I was happy with the grip etc. but do the Metzelers last better ?
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:56 am

Don't know how long they last as I haven't done 500 miles since fitting them. But up to now very happy - no sphincter moments even when leaning well over - chicken strips about 3/8th wide.

I think the rear's profile is slightly wider so to my thinking there is slightly more 'give ' in the tyre so will lessen the bumps. I went for the Wintec due to our wet conditions. (I'm on the Fylde Coast at Cleveleys so you are only down the road from me at Leyland so you probably experience the same long hot dry winters and summers!) Rolling Eyes

Bought mine from mytires online at very reasonable price (free delivery)

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

PostSubject: Re: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:11 am

JeffR_ wrote:
I have never mixed tires myself. But I had the Hoops as OEM and I will never go back to them, after having the Diablo's and Metzlers. I'm sure it would not hurt anything at all since there are many SWing owners who do mix tires, as long as it is in good condition. If you do this please come back and tell us what you think? And how it handles?

I decided to go with Pirelli Diablo tires front and rear. This is my third set of Diablo tires - I like them a lot - I did not want to face the prospect of having to ride for 8000+ miles on tires that I MAY not like. Doubt if I will ever venture out beyond the Diablo!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3290
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:33 pm

World isn't perfect----Honda recommends 2 tires fr and rear for SilverWing, BridgeStone and IRC---mixing not professional advice, but on my SilverWing, nail in Hoop=IRC I had went on back--actually worked better than 2 Bridgestone.

Since scooter handling is not as good as reg bike---My take not good idea to go away from Hondas tests. IRC fr and rear worked great on SilverWing

Diablos worked great on my ReFlex, but not great on present Burgman----guess what they are not on Suzuki recommended list--affect turn in, rain...slipping. Guess what for Burgman and Silverwing, Hoop is specified and are same size for both bikes-----but compound is different and part #, too. Diablo not on their list, have had slip and hydroplanning issues with them. Me, another new SilverWing, IRC would be my choice. I ride on all weathers and a lot.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

PostSubject: Re: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:59 pm

john grinsel wrote:
Diablo not on their list, have had slip and hydroplanning issues with them. Me, another new SilverWing, IRC would be my choice. I ride on all weathers and a lot.

Thanks John for pointing this out. I have about 8000 miles until my next tire change - and at that time will reconsider my position. Maybe I will be bold and venture out - maybe not - we'll see!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?   Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bidgestone Hoop BO2 REAR and Pirelli Diablo FRONT?
Page 1 of 1