Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 4:49 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Pirelli Diablo pressures

Go down 
+2
DickO
steveR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Pirelli Diablo pressures Empty
PostSubject: Pirelli Diablo pressures   Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:20 pm

What tyre pressures are folks using with Diablos? I just fitted a pair on the swing to try and improve the ride quality.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli Diablo pressures   Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:48 am

Purchased new Diablos several months ago but haven't been doing that much riding for comparison. What little I have done has been at the data plate pressures. In my limited opinion the new tires do seem to make for a bit smoother ride though (compared to the old IRC's which I ran from 2000 thru 8350 miles).
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli Diablo pressures   Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:47 am

DickO wrote:
Purchased new Diablos several months ago but haven't been doing that much riding for comparison. What little I have done has been at the data plate pressures. In my limited opinion the new tires do seem to make for a bit smoother ride though (compared to the old IRC's which I ran from 2000 thru 8350 miles).

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Slick-Tenn
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli Diablo pressures   Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:14 pm

steveR wrote:
What tyre pressures are folks using with Diablos? I just fitted a pair on the swing to try and improve the ride quality.
I have a diablo on the front and after extensive reading, diablo owners report higher pressures make the tire last longer. However, I run my front at 30 psi. I like to have some performance up there and it would completely disappear at 35 - 40 psi.
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli Diablo pressures   Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:42 am

Slick-Tenn wrote:
steveR wrote:
I have a diablo on the front and after extensive reading, diablo owners report higher pressures make the tire last longer. However, I run my front at 30 psi. I like to have some performance up there and it would completely disappear at 35 - 40 psi.

I am running the front at 30 and the rear at 35 and find that it's a pretty good compromise. I would think it would be like riding on a steel shod wheel with 40psi, you maybe have smoother roads in the US ? Smile
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli Diablo pressures   Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:08 am

Depends on where you are! Sometimes i could swear that huge chunks of my tire are missing, only to turn a corner and be smooth as glass. Were nothing if not inconsistent!
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli Diablo pressures   Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:15 pm

I do not have abs brakes on my '08 S/Wing, still riding on original IRC tires, that seem to be made out of a harder compound for longer tire wear, I'am planning on replacing tires with ones that have more grip, as I have had a few close calls, when tires lose traction. Ride Safe...Robert in Az.
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli Diablo pressures   Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:31 pm

robert wrote:
I do not have abs brakes on my '08 S/Wing, still riding on original IRC tires, that seem to be made out of a harder compound for longer tire wear, I'am planning on replacing tires with ones that have more grip, as I have had a few close calls, when tires lose traction. Ride Safe...Robert in Az.

I would do it sooner rather than later if I was you.... More grip AND a better ride will follow! "How much do you value your neck?", is usually an easy one, "more than the cost of new rubber", I would hope! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli Diablo pressures   Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:39 pm

The book says 29 front, 36 for the rear if you have over 200 lbs. Seems to hold well for me and I typically run 5-10 mph over the speed limit (can this be used against me in court?)

The other choice is 32 rear if you have under 200 lbs. I weigh 226 +/- 4 so... 36 for the rear. Even a lighter laptop won't help.

My old rear (tire) was declared dry rotted last winter during purchase inspection so I have a "new" but 2009 Diablo on the rear and an older Diablo on the front. This winter I am putting the 2009 Diablo on the front as I am seeing age cracks on the old front. Still plenty of tread on the front. I don't know when it was put on but it has hairline cracks (dry rot?). The bike has over 12,700 miles on it now. Got it with 10,200 miles.

Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli Diablo pressures   Pirelli Diablo pressures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pirelli Diablo pressures
Page 1 of 1