Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 2:46 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 11:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 9:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 8:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 12:10 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 9:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:08 am

» LF extended back rest
Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Posting pictures on the forum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-11-21

Posting pictures on the forum Empty
PostSubject: Posting pictures on the forum   Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:20 am

Posting pictures on the forum R1

This is just a test message. I'm learning how to use Photobucket to collect photos and then establish a link so I can post the pictures on this forum or others. I just discovered it works. If someone wants to know how to post pictures here let me know and I'll do what I can to help. I'm no big time computer guy and if I can do this, anyone can.
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures on the forum   Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:39 pm

The image I posted has been removed. I don't know what that means except for the fact that images on this board take up bandwidth and the owner of the site has to pay for bandwidth. Instead of images, links to images may be required but I don't know that since no explaination was given for the image being removed. At this time the only thing I know who to do is post images.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures on the forum   Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:18 pm

This is a problem on the photobucket end.
It means the this board looked for the image at photobucket and could not find it.

Dan
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures on the forum   Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:08 pm

Thanks for the quick comment Dan but it just doesn't sound right. The image was there for days and now it's gone. I guess I don't understand why this site or board would be looking for the image when it was already on the board.

I just don't know what we can and can not do in terms of posting pictures on this board. Can we post pictures or are we supposed to only post links to pictures?

I would like to show off my bike and what I have done to it. With that in mind I have been interested in learning how to post images to this board and I thought I had that taken care of using Photobucket and an IMG code. The image was there and now it's gone. Apparently this is going to be more involved than I thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures on the forum   Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 12:48 am

Here is the clue.
Hover your cursor over where the picture was.
Right click and you see the link to the picture.
Now paste the link directly into your browser address line.
You will see the same thing on a totally separate page that has nothing to do with this board.
It says right in the image that it is a response from photobucket. I don't know how much clearer one can be.
Go to your photobucket account and see if the current link to the picture matches the link listed when you right click. I bet they don't match.

Dan
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures on the forum   Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:54 am

Okay, I know what happened and once again I'm feeling a little embarrassed. I deleted the picture or image in Photobucket a couple days ago without realizing I had created a link between Photobucket and the picture I posted on this board. When I deleted the image in Photobucket that destroyed the link and the picture I had posted on this forum disappeared. It never dawned on me there was a link between Photobucket and this board. I just assumed the whole operation was nothing more than copying and pasting a picture from one location to another. It's a little more complicated than that.

I was absolutely convinced someone on this board had deleted my picture without explaining why and that upset me more than just a little. I kept working that over in my mind all evening and while I was driving to our community center for a workout it just hit me - I had actually or indirectly deleted the picture myself.

Anyway, it was a learning experience for me. At least I know I can post a picture on this board using Photobucket and an IMG code. As long as I don't mess with the picture in Photobucket, it will remain on this board. Now it's on to getting some pictures of my bike and posting them here.
Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures on the forum   Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:04 am

I hear what you are saying. This technology is hard to keep up with. Using Photobucket and forums is great.

Posting pictures on the forum Mylife

Now lets see that bike!!

Posting pictures on the forum Postpics

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Posting pictures on the forum   Posting pictures on the forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Posting pictures on the forum
Page 1 of 1