Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeby ButlerZoie Today at 4:21 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home Empty
PostSubject: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Anyone around who has done this trip? We're projecting Seattle, WA to Wenatchee, WA to Glacier US to Glacier Canada to Kelowna, BC and home. More or less... We're "VERY" interested on what kinds of passes/roads with drop off's we'll encouter. One of us (me) has a problem with "void fixation/vertigo" and I am looking to minimize this sort of stuff... Sad

Tips? Two SW's ('03 and '05) and FJR 2008. 10 days.

......Or maybe just back and forth across the United States...I kid you not (really scenic to really grind-ish)...we're still debating...Seattle to Charleston, SC...depending on whether our "large NW aerospace company and large (Silicon Valley) internet company" employers give us that much leave....

Suggestions? Recommendations?
Back to top Go down
realbtl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
realbtl

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:00 pm

The only vertigo inducing parts will be Going-to-the-Sun (Logan Pass) in Glacier. It's one I do several times a summer but it really just clings to the side of the mountain for several miles. You can avoid it by taking hwy 2 around the park- be sure and check out the Two Medicine area if you go this way. I usually do a loop taking hwy 49 to 89 then up to St. Mary and home via Logan Pass. Stop at Johnson's restaurant on the east side of St. Mary just past the turnoff for Glacier for the best BLTs ever.

If you have time you can ride into Glacier from both sides and then back out to avoid the oh **** parts of Logan. You can even get to the top from the east side without too much thrill. If you decide to explore the west side of Glacier I would recommend you get to the entrance gate no later than 8:00 AM as it can turn into a parade once the tourists get moving.

There is great riding in the lake area of BC, Nakusp/New Denver. I especially like riding in BC as the traffic is fairly light, there are no freeways and it is beautiful.

If you get up this way drop me a PM and maybe we can meet for lunch. I'm about 40 miles S of Glacier on Flathead Lake. Here are a few pix I took this AM of my ride around the lake.
http://maxi-scoots.com/scoot/index.php?topic=3524.0

The pic by my name is near Two Medicine
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:07 pm

You Sir/Ma'am...Rock. Thank you sooo much for the info Smile
Back to top Go down
realbtl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
realbtl

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:23 pm

No problem, it's my favorite riding place around here especially with my old fart park pass that gets me in free. I'm heading up there tomorrow (weather permitting) and I'll post up some pix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:36 pm

*Jealous, jealous, jealous! We dream of relocating to Montana, my husband lived there for a few years...I scout the jobs weekly. Smile My parents are in Livingston, but we've really loved the Flathead valley, Whitefish and that area.
Hope you enjoy your ride through Glacier, it is breathtaking! Smile
Back to top Go down
realbtl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
realbtl

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Beth- Scouting the jobs is wise. The Flathead unemployment rate is 2-3% above the state average currently. There's a somewhat true joke that the way to become a millionaire in Montana is to move here with 2 million. Still we've been here 11 years and love it.
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:40 pm

I zipped through Montana in 2007 on the way to the E Coast on a Concours. I saw nothing except a tunnel vision view to the next state line....Wyoming...

Every time I took the time to look up in Montana....I was impressed..

Wyoming was just a bunch of wind off the Port side Sad

PS- No offense to the Wyoming Bros'/Sis's.... really....
Back to top Go down
realbtl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
realbtl

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:27 pm

As promised I posted up some pix of Glacier today in this area of the site.

Also Chinasaur, if you decide not to ride the west side of Logan Pass and the weather is good I strongly suggest taking the shuttle up to the top to wander around, maybe picnic.
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:43 pm

We decided to go to Lake Louise via Kelowna and Revelstoke up and back. Booked from 8/12 to 8/15. But we had to take the cage Sad Will have a newbie rider with us and can't take the chance on some of those highways. Maybe next year...

Hope you all have a great summer!
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:33 pm

I am riding my Goldwing and I will be camping at the Agar Camp ground by the west entrance of Glacier on August 10-13. I am meeting some friends from a different forum there. Most of them are staying in Kalispell, but I am the camping type. One of these forum members is coming for Australia with his wife and is coming to Bellingham and we will be riding east with them.

Then heading east to ride the Bear Tooth Highway into Yellowstone and then down to Lolo pass back to Clarkston / Livingston.

Realbtl, if you are gonna be around, it would be interesting to have a cup of coffee with ya. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Larry,

Is that US or Canadian Glacier?

NVM..Didn't read for comprehension :D
Back to top Go down
realbtl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
realbtl

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Larry- I'm currently in Challis ID, rode Lolo pass yesterday and will be posting up a report in a day or 2. I think I'm going to be around in Aug, I'll let you know as the time approaches.

Lolo was great at this time of year, less traffic than later in the summer.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:45 pm

I will be going to the Baker Rally and on my way home I am gonna ride to Enterprise and do Rattlesnake Pass. I won't be on Lolo until August.... looking forward to it.

And I am looking forward to meeting you for that cup of coffee in Montana.

Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Chinasaur wrote:
Larry,

Is that US or Canadian Glacier?

NVM..Didn't read for comprehension :D

No worries, apparently, I do that around here quite a bit too.
Back to top Go down
oldgoat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
oldgoat

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm getting jealous.

I've driven just about every road in WA, ID, MT, OR,WY, CO, UT, NV, AZ, NM & CA over the past 25 years. Do 4 weeks touring every year.

All in a cage though. Not 1 mile on 2 wheels unfortunately.

Back to do NV, NM & AZ this Sept.

I'm too old & unsteady to face the distances & temperatures on 2 wheels but I still dream about it. Maybe when I buy a Spyder it "might" become feasible.

I envy those of you who live out west.

Even been to the Challis dredge!
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:42 pm

It doesn't matter which side of the country we are on.... we always want to ride to the other side.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home   Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glacier Nat Park (US) to Glacier Nat Park (Canada) and home
Page 1 of 1