Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Left brake micro-switch
New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» Silverwing Brakes
New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Givi Topcase plus a good experience

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

New Givi Topcase plus a good experience Empty
PostSubject: New Givi Topcase plus a good experience   New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:55 pm

I called around the area to find someone who stocks a selection of Givi top cases so that I could see them in person and compare the various sizes. It seems most bike dealers only stock a few due to their bulky size. One dealer told me that if I was near Charlotte, NC, which I am, that there is a Givi distributor there and that they sell retail to the public.

So I called and they invited me to drop by and see their display of products. They had a showroom full of cases, including some mounted on bikes (The guy said they used to have an Swing demo all decked out with windscreen and top case until one of their employees wrecked it). I was able to do a thorough comparison since the models I was interested in were displayed side by side.

I selected my model (E 52 Maxia II in flat black with built in stop light) and was ready to pay. The guy asked me if I wanted them to install it. I thought, "yeah right, now they are going to gaff me". I had planned on installing it myself but asked anyway, "So, how much?" And to my surpize he said "Nothing, we install it for free". I was shocked and thought, "heck yeah, sounds like a deal to me".

I was treated with good ole fashion southern hospitality; offered a drink and snacks as I waited in their break room where I perused a copy of Scoot magazine. It took about 30 minutes for him to install and wire the case for me (much faster than I could have done it myself).

So, I admit, I did have to pay MSRP which was altogether about $40 more than if I had ordered it (not including shipping) but I figure that was worth the price since they installed it for me and I did not have to pay for shipping.

So it was a good experience all around and I rode home with my new case.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Topcase plus a good experience   New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:19 pm

RobinC wrote:
I selected my model (E 52 Maxia II in flat black with built in stop light) and was ready to pay.

The Givi E-52 is an excellent case.
Did they use the Givi SR-19 mounting plate??

I am not impressed with the Givi light kit for the E-52. I had numerous problems with their kludegy two prong spring loaded connector.

The Givi brake lights are not LED but bulbs, within two months one of the bulbs stopped working within the first two months.

The light stopped working, I found that one of the two sink screws completely backed themselves out. The light started working again.

The light stopped working again, this time the wire broke ... the light started working again.

The light stopped working AGAIN, this time it was the spring loaded prong would would stick ... I tried graphite it temporarily worked.

Eventually I gave up and went with the Admore LED lighting.

RobinC wrote:
The guy asked me if I wanted
them to install it. I thought, "yeah right, now they are going to gaff
me". I had planned on installing it myself but asked anyway, "So, how
much?" And to my surpize he said "Nothing, we install it for free". I
was shocked and thought, "heck yeah, sounds like a deal to me".

You don't find that too often now-a-days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Topcase plus a good experience   New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:46 pm

Yes, they used the SR-19 top plate. I will keep an eye of the lights. thanks for mentioning it.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Topcase plus a good experience   New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 9:14 pm

RobinC wrote:
Yes, they used the SR-19 top plate. I will keep an eye of the lights. thanks for mentioning it.

I wonder if you put a good dry lubricant now and work it into the two prong pins on the bottom ... maybe you could avoid the sticking problem that plagues a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Topcase plus a good experience   New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:36 am

Robin,

Can you take a couple of close up pics and post them? I'm sure we would like to see it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Topcase plus a good experience   New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:55 am

I've been looking at those cases also. I wanted to see what the other guys in my group have first. One of the guys the other day had the biggest case on his Burgman but to me it looked too big on the bike. So I will get the regualar one but I want the lights with it. I'm going to just get the black since my bike is red and I think the black will blend in with the seats better. I know I need the extra strorage. Our dealership has an open house the beginning of May and you get a discount so I will order that then. Yesterday one of the guys said he has an extra Silverwing mount he will give me...yea that saves about 75 dollars bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Givi Topcase plus a good experience   New Givi Topcase plus a good experience I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Givi Topcase plus a good experience
Page 1 of 1