Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Drive belt prices
Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London

Go down 
+5
mick
Meldrew
The Scootist
bigbird
ukbikerwing
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ukbikerwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-14

Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London Empty
PostSubject: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 am

Hi All

2010 blue silverwing abs delivered to me 25/11/11. Saturday. and I luv it,
I hope to smooth out few things to make it perfect for my needs, ie raise rider seat hight a little,
I traded my Cbf1000 for this scooter. i am getting little vibs of which i did not notice on the demo i tried from 2011 model with 35mls on the clock, but mine a bit more vibes.
Hopefully a good service should sort it out...

I really like the autobox, so much better for commuting to work. Oh and wheather protection from other galexies.

A little more power would make bike a really fun ride.

I am a very happy dude.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:58 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:02 pm

UKbikerwing:
Welcome to the silverwing site. I'm sure you will love your new bike. There are a bunch of guys on here who have a lot of experience with modifying the Swing to better suit their needs; both for comfort and performance. All you have to do is ask.

If you want a bit more scoot (quickness) out of the Swing, you may want to look into replacing the OEM rollers (in the stock variator) with Dr. Pulley Sliders. This change will also give you a bit better mpgs. If you want a little more accelleration than that, you could look at making modifications to the engine to help it breathe better (K&N air filter and Leo Vince exhaust). A bunch of people have also installed HyperPro progressive springs on the front end to firm up the ride a bit. Have fun making your bike your own. See you around.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Hello mate, I see our American friends are recommending you spend more money on stuff you probably don't and won't need riding in London. You don't need to firm up your front end ride with Hyper Pro fork springs, or go changing sliders and things either. All you need is more time in the transition from biker to maxi rider, then you'll kick ass on the mean streets of London.

I'll go now and there'll be someone along shortly to tell you what you really need is a Yashimoto car tyre on your rear wheel, don't take any notice as fitting one is illegal in the UK.

Meldrew
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:32 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 pm

What is this the Christmas pantomime season?..."Oh no you don't!" Rolling Eyes

The lad lives in London where by all accounts the average speed in traffic was faster in Victorian times when horse drawn transport ruled.
Back to top Go down
mick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mick

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:17 pm

The lad lives in London where by all accounts the average speed in traffic was faster in Victorian times when horse drawn transport ruled. [/quote]

that will be a fact Smile Laughing
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Meldrew wrote:
What is this the Christmas pantomime season?..."Oh no you don't!" Rolling Eyes

Beat me to it - you git!!! Laughing

Welcome to our little corner of t'internet ukbikerwing. Loads of useful info courtesy of the many members past and present. Some with pictures too!! Laughing Really helpful.

Enjoy your new 'Wing' and do dive in and keep them that colonials in toe!!!! Just joking - just joking!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:00 pm

x

Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 4:10 pm

UKbikerwing:
As you can see there is a lot of debate regarding what sort of modifications to your Swing may be useful or desirable to you, (or according to some, not desirable, but rather scorned). This is a topic that everyone seems to have an opinion on. The beauty is that you get to listen to all the noise and then decide what modifications you might want to try (or not) on your bike. If you want anyone's opinion all you have to do is ask. Have fun with it.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Howdy and welcome to the forum. Don't even think about keeping the colonials in line, We all know how that worked out last time. :lol!: As an experienced rider, your BS filter should be well developed, so just give the Wing time and decide for youself what you need. There are a lot of helpful pictorials and maintenance tips available on this site. Enjoy the ride. small moped
Back to top Go down
ukbikerwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Thank u all for the great welcome, please dont fight over what opinion I should consider.   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:32 pm

ukbikerwing wrote:
Hi All

2010 blue silverwing abs delivered to me 25/11/11. Saturday. and I luv it,
I hope to smooth out few things to make it perfect for my needs, ie raise rider seat hight a little,
I traded my Cbf1000 for this scooter. i am getting little vibs of which i did not notice on the demo i tried from 2011 model with 35mls on the clock, but mine a bit more vibes.
Hopefully a good service should sort it out...

I really like the autobox, so much better for commuting to work. Oh and wheather protection from other galexies.

A little more power would make bike a really fun ride.

I am a very happy dude.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:42 pm

ukbikerwing wrote:
I am a very happy dude.

... and I bet you don't weigh 25 stone either ! Smile
Back to top Go down
ukbikerwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:45 pm

I really must find a way to raise the rider seat hight on my silverwing, if this is not possible then I could be looking at a very short ownership with my scooter.

I am willing to compromise of the bike's vibs and get used to it. but the seat is way too low in relation to floorboard- footrest handlebar hight. for my hight
Oh and rider mini back rest has to come off or trimmed for me to sit back a bit. the adjustment is currently set to furthest back.
My hight is 5"9 with 32" inside leg.

Back to top Go down
ukbikerwing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: My weight   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 1:47 pm

:afro:
Meldrew wrote:
ukbikerwing wrote:
I am a very happy dude.

... and I bet you don't weigh 25 stone either ! Smile

My current weight is 85kg :afro:
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:26 pm

Hello Ukbikerwing,If i were you i wouldn't give up on the Wing just yet, both Meldrew and i came from riding bikes. We are both 5.11 tall and overall find the wing comfortable enough.Perhaps you just need more time on the bike to settle into a good position for you Smile
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 2:50 pm

+1 on Old Limey. I suspect that a lot of the problems that ex- bikers have with the SWing are in the mind, it's an image thing until you settle down !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London   Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from new to silverwing600 ownership in London
Page 1 of 1