Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 9:47 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to progreso, and could use some advice
Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Today at 9:27 pm

» LF extended back rest
Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Today at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Burgman mirrors on the SWing

Go down 
+5
MikeO
DaveR
honda_silver
JeffR
Cornishman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Burgman mirrors on the SWing Empty
PostSubject: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:57 am

The mirrors on the SWing are not the greatest as they have short stems. The rider sees more of his arms than the road behind. Someone on one of the SWing forums fitted their old Burgman 400 mirrors and as I kept my new pair and put the old ones back on the Burger before trade in I thought I'd give it a try.

Front view
Burgman mirrors on the SWing Hpim0319.th

Rear view with GPS mounted.
Burgman mirrors on the SWing Hpim0320.th

They give a better than 90% view of the road behind.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:22 pm

So, do you think it is worth it to replace the mirrors? I would like to either get extenders or new mirrors like these. I have kind of wide shoulders and would like to get a bit more of a view behind me. Also, do they fit well? They are able to be tightened down good so they don't move or shake from vibration? Thanks for any info you can give, and thanks for posting the pics too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 pm

High Jeff, they do have a single nut to tighten and having ridden a Burgman 400 for three and a half years, I can say with authority that they don't move about. There is a universal ball joint at the back of the mirror where the arm is connected and another joint at the top of the fitting post that allows the mirror stem some lateral adjustment. The screw thread is identical to that of the stock mirrors.

If you click on the thumbnail it will take you to the site that hosts the pictures. Click on the resulting image will open a new window and allow you to zoom in twice by clicking on it. You can see the tightening nut at the top of the fitting post.

I'll be able to give a better review after tomorrow's 150 mile round trip.

Bob
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:02 pm

JeffR wrote:
So, do you think it is worth it to replace the mirrors

I replaced the original mirrors with the Reflex mirror, it was an improvement but still about 25% shoulder coverage.

JeffR wrote:
I would like to either get extenders or new mirrors like these. I have kind of wide shoulders and would like to get a bit more of a view behind me.

With the risers that I got ( http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?pid=26080#pid26080 ), I now have 0% shoulder coverage AND I can see 100% coverage (at a normal stopped distance) for the car stop behind me through both mirrors.

I like the risers because during the winter I ride with my hands on the inside of grips for wind protection from the Clearview ... even with my hands on the inside the riser does NOT interfere with the brake lever where as an extender would have.

I also have wide shoulders.

JeffR wrote:
They are able to be tightened down
good so they don't move or shake from vibration? Thanks for any info
you can give, and thanks for posting the pics too.

I have no problem with vibration ... in fact I am going to attach my Saeng Body-PC with 27 degree base ( http://www.saeng.com/product.php?id=532&category=61 ) directly to mirror.
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:34 pm

After my 150 mile round trip today I can say that the Burgman AN400 mirrors will definitely be staying on the SWing. Visibility is vastly superior with only the outside edge of my shoulders showing and I have broad shoulders. Little or no vibration even at motorway speeds.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Someone on the Forum had some after market mirrors that the mounting stems were hollow and they had turn signals in the front of them. I think they run around 47 dollars for the pair. I was interested but could not look at them at the time. When I did get the time to look I could not find them again. Can someone give me directions?
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:47 pm

I would still like to find those mirrors. Just cannot seem to come up with them on this Forum. I know I saw the post.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:33 pm

If you Google 'led mirrors motorcycle' and then go to 'Images', you may see the ones you refer to - there are simply loads!
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Mike, thank you for the suggestion. I have tried that to no avail. Someone posted them the other day and it seems like it was out of Canada if my memory serves me.
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:25 pm

I just priced the Burgman mirrors at the local dealer .
$95.00 each . That's too pricey for my blood.
I'm just going to stay with the stock ones for now
Back to top Go down
BoxcarMark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BoxcarMark

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Burgman Mirrors   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:55 pm

surlybiker58 wrote:
I just priced the Burgman mirrors at the local dealer .
$95.00 each . That's too pricey for my blood.
I'm just going to stay with the stock ones for now
Ebay sells mirror extension arms for the Silverwing Stock mirrors @ 14.95 per pair and really make a difference as far as seeing behind you! http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=honda+silverwing+mirror+extenders&_sacat=0&_odkw=honda+silverwing+scooter+mirror+extenders&_osacat=0&_fr
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:43 pm

I know nothing about mirrors with lights on them......but if you need long stemed at decent price, try Dennis Kirk, the replacement mirrors for let's say CB750, 1970-----they have them, long stem and they work on SilverWing----I used them on both SilverWing and late model CB750 Nighthawk for trip to Alaska. On SilverWing they shake at different rate than stock mirrors, but work. Part #39-1523 @$8.99 each. Whole idea=not look at your shoulders.
Back to top Go down
BoxcarMark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BoxcarMark

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Great,thanks! I had a CB750 and they did have good mirrors.
Back to top Go down
BoxcarMark
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
BoxcarMark

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:51 pm

That's impressive over 200,000 miles. All on a scooter?
Back to top Go down
wingnprayer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wingnprayer

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 pm

I've put a double set of extenders on mine and have had no issues with them moving. They're giving me the clear rear view I require.

Here's a pic of them:

https://picasaweb.google.com/noddydog1/Silverwing#5365342394457185490
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:34 pm

For Boxcar----I am probably near 250,000 on rubber band drive scooters now------over 1.5 million miles since 1955-----done by riding everyday/no car drive/getting paid for some miles and just like riding and oh...not getting married until 65.....so I didn't have to ask anybody. Plus good jobs with weekends off annd 5 week vacations------but remember owning cheap new car is like Honda Fit is probably cheaper than bike or big scooter in the long run plus you could sleep in it.

I think the big scooters are fine for long distance and touring, in some cases less work than bike----and the new GIVI adjustable windshields solve the buffeting problem that can drive you nuts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burgman mirrors on the SWing   Burgman mirrors on the SWing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burgman mirrors on the SWing
Page 1 of 1