Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Does anyone have this driver's backrest?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Does anyone have this driver's backrest? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone have this driver's backrest?   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:01 pm

I have decided to get a backrest. Anyone ever get this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Silverwing-Silver-Wing-Reflex-Driver-Backrest_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem200326760348QQitemZ200326760348QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have this driver's backrest?   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:34 pm

i need to contact them anyone got there contact infor please ask i can get it on ebay uk respect to all
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have this driver's backrest?   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 4:07 pm

They ship worldwide.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Backrest   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:20 pm

Gene, I have had one of these for about 7 months or so. It is just fine. It gives me good lumbar support and has given me good service.
It took about 10 minutes to install. For about $50 it is a good buy. If you ride with a passenger, it presents a little problem if you use it
adjusted all the way back to the rear of the drivers seat. I have moved mine a little to the front when my wife rides with me. AND, now that
I have the passenger armrests installed, for long rides, I remove it completely to give her all the room she needs. I can lean into her for my
support.

Hope this helps.
Gary
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Backrest update..   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:28 pm

I meant to add that I have spent much more than $50 and it has taken me much more
than 10 minutes to train my wife as a back support.

Gary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have this driver's backrest?   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:31 am

It looks a lot better finished that the one I bought. Mine is essentially a metal brace that lifts the stock piece about 8 inches in the air (higher than the one you want to buy) but it exposes the area where the brace attaches. I used black duct tape to cover the opening. Mine works great but doesn't look as nice as I would like. I found it by Googling "Silverwing back rest".
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have this driver's backrest?   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:45 am

Opalsboy wrote:
Gene, I have had one of these for about 7 months or so. It is just fine. It gives me good lumbar support and has given me good service.
It took about 10 minutes to install. For about $50 it is a good buy. If you ride with a passenger, it presents a little problem if you use it
adjusted all the way back to the rear of the drivers seat. I have moved mine a little to the front when my wife rides with me. AND, now that
I have the passenger armrests installed, for long rides, I remove it completely to give her all the room she needs. I can lean into her for my
support.

Hope this helps.
Gary

Hey, that's cute, being able to lean on your wife :D

Mr Mrs isn't into scoots or bikes.... Sad But she does understand my desire and need to go out on them.... :D
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have this driver's backrest?   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:01 pm

Thanks for the review(s). I just orderd mine.
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have this driver's backrest?   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:22 am

It took a loooonnnnggggg time from the time I gave them my money 'til the backrest came in, and it is a good product. I just rode to work for the 2nd day in a row and no back strain. I would feel some pain in my upper back after just about 45 minutes of riding, and no more with my 3brothers backrest. It looks good on the seat. This morning I got up early to take a long way to work (about an hour) and my back felt good the whole trip. I look forward to testing it on a long run.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: 3brothers back rest   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Ski.. I want to add that when my wife is not riding, I move the backrest all the way back and stretch out with my back firmly against the butt rest. Have ridden it on many long rides and have experienced no back problems. I can't say that I haven't had some butt problems due to the seat being a little less forgiving. I want some feedback on the AirHawk. I might add that to my wish list for fathers day.
Gary
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: WIDE posts.   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Jeff, can you explain how this thread has been written so wide. I have not noticed this before and want to be able to avoid doing it in the future.
Give us some advice please

Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have this driver's backrest?   Does anyone have this driver's backrest? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have this driver's backrest?
Page 1 of 1