Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay

Go down 
+5
jdeereanton
billc.
Lab Rat
Waspie
buddy19520
9 posters
AuthorMessage
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay Empty
PostSubject: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:25 am

Just reading about the tornados. Seems the Carolinas came through unscathed compared to the other Southeastern states.

You guys/gals okay out there? Can we get a roll call?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:53 pm

Just watched the news, was unaware until today of the bad weather Stateside.

Hope your all ok in the areas effected.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Lab Rat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Lab Rat

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Hopefully everyone is okay. The local news said there was 1 million people without power because of the storms, so maybe it may take a few days for everyone to get checked in here. That was some really nasty stuff.
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:51 am

I live in Atlanta, GA. and there were numerous tornadoes North and South of Atlanta. Much damage to homes and businesses and schools and 17 deaths.
I was in Alabama yesterday on business and the Northern half is devastated by multiple tornado strikes. Power outages, building destruction and 260+ deaths.
I ask your thoughts and prayers be for all these folks for a positive recovery from this event.
Perhaps Dale in Huntsville, Al can add to this....billc.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Hey all, just got cell service. No power since Wednesday about 7pm. Probably will be out of electricity 'til Monday. Once I get back on my pc I'll give more details. Pray for the folks who've been hit and have lost loved ones.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:52 am

Hey Dale, So glad you have something for electricity to connect with.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Dale you were the first one I thought of when I heard Alabama was getting hammered. Answer to prayer that you are ok. And I am/have been praying for those that lost so much including family and friends.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:50 pm

Dale,

Glad all is well for you and your family. I lived in Illinois which is in "Tornado Alley" and we used to get them many times a year, but never was really effected by them at all. Looking at the video's they looked like some really big ones and my thoughts are with those that weren't so lucky. I never really thought that tornados hit the South Eastern part of the U.S.

Best of luck to all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:31 am

My area (I live in the southern part of the "mid-state" region) got some pretty bad straight line winds and a lot of flooding but thankfully no tornadoes.

We are hosting the family of a friend of a friend from Alabama who's house is without power until next week sometime.
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:11 am

My parents live near Hot Springs, AR at Walnut Valley and they had some real devastation in that area. The church was destroyed and several houses around as well.

Here is a link to pics my cousin took on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/fbx/?set=a.2005866032916.2127419.1431620173
(You must be logged in to see them)

As far as I have heard there were no deaths related and my parents only had the inconvenience of being out of power.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:31 am

Power returned late last night. Am now back at work trying to coordinate how to get out of here so I can get back out to Hope Church and continue working at the recovery effort.

I do not have words adequate to explain what has happened here. Whole neighborhoods missing. Impassable streets. Over 600,000 without power (most now back on the grid). Death and lives just torn apart. Thousands of volunteers - clearing streets, chainsaws going all day long, front end loaders lifting flattened walls off the ground so we can recover photos and shreds of someones personal life....
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:44 am

Our friends from Alabama headed back home this morning because their power is back on finally.

I think they're glad to be out of the bonus room. It's comfortable but doesn't get the same heating/cooling the rest of the house does and they've been through the gamut of hot/cold days recently.

We fed 'em up nice and plump though. I don't get to cook for crowds very often so when I get a chance I tend to go overboard.

They don't have any damage aside from limbs down and some debris. They're pretty lucky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay   Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hoping our AL, MS, TN, KY, VA, GA friends are okay
Page 1 of 1