Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from East Tennessee!

Go down 
+3
jdeereanton
honda_silver
JeffR
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from East Tennessee! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:36 am

Hi all, My name is Wes and I live near Kingsport, TN, NE part of the state
not far from Virginia. I am looking at diffwerent rides trying to figure out
which one is best for me. It has been a long time since I have been on 2 wheels and I am itching to get back to riding.
I have looked at Majesty, Burgmans, and now at SWing.
Thought I would join here and learn. Smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:56 pm

Wes,

Welcome to the site. I have had many motorcycles through the years and then decided to try scooters. I have had a Reflex, Majesty, and now the SWing and really enjoy the SWing. They are all great bikes but it really depends on what you want to do. The SWing is a very smooth and powerful bike and is a alot of fun to ride. Thanks for joining.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:58 pm

wes_ingram wrote:
Hi all, My name is Wes and I live near Kingsport, TN, NE part of the state
not far from Virginia. I am looking at diffwerent rides trying to figure out
which one is best for me. It has been a long time since I have been on 2 wheels and I am itching to get back to riding.
I have looked at Majesty, Burgmans, and now at SWing.
Thought I would join here and learn. Smile

Joe Wolfe lives in Kingsport, Tn and is a consummate installer.
If Joe still has his Silver Wing you might be able to see one up close.
I heard that Joe was very knowledgeable about the Silver Wing.

1365 S. Wilcox Dr.
Kingsport, TN 37660-5457
(423) 246-7076
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:23 pm

Welcome. Beautiful area you live in, great riding country. I had a Helix and just bought a Silverwing so I can travel more on it. A girlfriend and I are traveling to Galtlinburg, TN on Sunday and then going to the Biltmore Estate one day. We are hoping to hike at the state park. Girls trip! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Thanks for the welcomes. I am looking for a bike that has utility, is comfortable
and handles fairly well, not sport bike like but good enough to handle the Dragons Tail and Twisted Sister. A couple of fun roads in Western North Carolina. They are just about an hour from here, not a bad ride, the Dragons Tail has a couple hundred turns, or something like that, it's a bunch.
Coralee, enjoy the park, it is a great place to spend several days just wandering around. Be careful on Sunday, it is NASCAR time in Bristol, TN. The race is Sunday
afternoon, the track holds 160,000 screaming fans, then there are the campers who will be breaking camp after the race. Traffic on I81 South can be real UGLY!!!! affraid affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi Wes,

Welcome to the forum. I just joined recently myself. i think you will find a lot of helpful advise as well as a very friendly group of guys and gals here.

I lived in the Boone, NC area for 20-some years and have traveled to your neck of the woods quite often. We moved back near Charlotte about 2 years ago. I do miss the mtns but not the cold weather, especially this time of year when its spring everywhere else.

Let me know when you get your bike and maybe we can get together. A friend of mine and I like to ride from Ashe County, NC over Whitetop Mt. to Abbington for lunch on occasion. Maybe we can meet.

Ride safe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:47 am

Hey Robin!
Sounds like a great idea! Abington is a nice town, it just a short hop from here.
We run over to Boone once in a while. It is a pretty area,but it has really grown since we moved to this area in 2001. They are building houses anywhere there is an empty lot!
I'm looking forward to getting on the road. I will give you a shout.

Wes
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Wes,

Welcome to the forum from a neighbor south of you. Kim and I enjoy riding up in your neck of the woods. Good luck in your search for a scooter, the SilverWing is a very erstwhile ride and has become the vehicle of choice when we are planning our travels.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Dale, We were in your neck of the woods this past weekend. My In-laws live in
Fayetteville, TN and we were visiting there, we left this morning (Monday) for home. I was in Huntsville Saturday, early evening to pick up my Sister-in-law and her family at the airport.

Wes
Back to top Go down
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:15 pm

Hey Wes,

I am down in Greeneville. Just noticed that your from Kingsport. I attend church in Kingsport at Kingsport Seventh Day Adventist Church across from the Wal Mart on the Colonial Heights side so I'm up there a good bit. I have a 2003 Swing if you ever want to check it out as well as a 2005 Honda Helix if you haven't purchased a bike yet. Ron
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:31 am

You guys really have some great riding areas up there. I'm jealous. We have some good areas down here, but nothing like the hills in East TN.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:49 pm

Welcome to this site Wes. After much research, consideration, and comparing the Swing to the Burgman I finally bought a brand new 2007 Swing last July when gas prices were over $4.00 per gallon. When it came down to it the Burgman felt "fat" and I just like Honda's reputation for reliability.

Since the day I bought it the Swing has been my everyday commuter - even in winter as long as it isn't snowy. Since July I have put over 7,000 miles on it. It is the consummate commuting machine. It is comfortable, it provides good wind protection, it's fuel efficient, handles the twisties, slips through traffic, and can haul more stuff that a guy has any business hauling on a bike.

I'm sure you won't be sorry if you end up getting one too. Good luck.
DCC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Hey Ron,
I saw a burgandy SWing last week right at the Walmart, this one
had a modulator on the headlight. I have not seen but one SWing around
here, a few Burgies and some smaller scoots. I haven't bought yet
but I think I will look to get a good used SWing when I am ready.
I'll have to give you a shout when I get a scoot.

Wes small moped
Back to top Go down
teamaster
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Man I used to be an Army Recruiter up in the Kingsport Station. I loved that town. By far was the cleanest place I ever lived. I lived up in Ridgefields (Queensferry/berry) cannot remember the name of the street. I wish I could live there again and have that my Silverwing up there. That whole area up there is perfect for scooters and motorcycles.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:21 am

Welcome from :union jack: as for handling I can say its good enough for fun in the twisties its not sportsbike like but you can throw it around a bit......Ive heard of the dragons tail (someone from the uk did it and printed it in a mag over here )looks like a road i would like to scrape my footboards on Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:32 am

teamaster,

Welcome to the forum from another gold pressure plate holder. I was a field recruiter then station commander back in the early/mid 80's. Great experience that I would be hesitant to do again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:14 pm

I have been seeing more scoots on the road lately. There are plenty of
motorcycles around, cruisers and crotch rockets, the mix is fairly even,
scoots are a distant 3rd. There are more scoots over the past couple of years.
Lots of great roads for riding! The weather has been unusually cool, must be
global warming. Everyone ride safe and enjoy your summer.

Wes :space ship:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Wes
Glade to find someone in East Tennessee
I live in Johnson City
Drive a 04 dark red.

Ernie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Hey Erniel!
There are a few folks around with scoots, the other folks I have talked with have Burgies, one has a 400 and a 650. That 650 is a LARGE scoot! I really want to get a SWing. Not as huge as a Burg 650, plenty of speed for Interstate rides and from what I have seen here SWings are typical Hondas, as long as you do the maintenance, they will run for a long long time.

Wes :m/c:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from East Tennessee!   Hello from East Tennessee! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from East Tennessee!
Page 1 of 1