Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Wing owner

Go down 
+6
Waspie
wayneliz
jdeereanton
GaryL
JeffR
Skyman
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-05-06

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 3:16 pm

I just picked up a 2010 Silver wing ABS model yesterday with .7 miles on her. The color is listed as red but to me it looks like burgundy. The dealer was great to work with and gave me a good trade in on my Reflex.
My wife and I took a nice 70 mile ride this morning to get used to her. We are looking forward to more trips and checking out more back roads around were we live.
First mod will be a GIVI windshield. Cool
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Skyman,

Congrats on the Swing and I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy it. I used to ride m/c's but when I bought my first scooter it was a Reflex. And even though I enjoyed it very much it just wasnt' big or powerful enough for my wife and I. The SWing will and can do anything you want and need to do when riding. And you never need to worry about it being big enough for any touring you will want to do. It will take you anywhere in comfort. Congrats and post a pic if you get a chance.

Do you know what Givi you want? If you can afford the Airflow you may like it best since it gets very hot in Florida and you can lower it to get plenty of air. They cost more but are very nice screens.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Thank you Jeff. We are enjoying it all ready! I just came back from another short run so now we have 123 miles on her. (going for one more ride later when it cools down here) After 5 thousand miles on my Reflex I am amazed at the Swing's power and handling. If I can figure out how to post pictures from my Mac I will upload some. As for the GIVI I am leaning toward the tall regular one but I will check out the airflow too. I am just six feet tall but long in the body and want one that I can just look over with out the wind in my face and some protection for my wife as well. How high does the airflow GIVI go? Thanks again,,,
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Skyman,

Congrats on your new SWing! I agree with Jeff... it will take you anywhere you want to go. I still have my reflex which I use as a daily rider for around town. However, as you already know, on the open highway it leaves a bit to be desired, especially at high (intertstate) speeds. The Swing is my road bike, and it has (will) take me on many trips.

This is a great forum for information, so read up on some of the past posts, and you will learn a lot.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:15 pm

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi Skyman- welcome from the Space Coast. You will enjoy the swing in every way you choose to use it. If you ever ride over this way- give a shout and we can meet.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks Gary, I wish I could have kept the Reflex but with my lack of bucks (lol) it was not possible but I love my Swing. I will be going out to a parking lot to practice low speed turns as there is a big difference between the two. I was taking up twice the road I did on the Reflex for a turn around. I have found the comfort level on the Swing to better suited to my old bod than the Reflex. I rode 143 miles yesterday with only my butt getting a little sore.
Wayne Thanks for the welcome as well. I will be heading over to Port Orange this Thursday but I am visiting an old friend who's health is failing. I will be getting there more often though and I would love to meet sometime.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:14 am

Welcome Skyman to the best 'Wing' site this side of my armchair.

All you need to know is right here at your fingertips.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Welcome, Skyman, from north Florida.

Having dealt with temperatures this year ranging from 19 to 91, I highly recommend the Givi airflow. As Jeff said, it's a little pricey but trust me, it's well worth it. I'm six feet tall myself and if you want to look through it, the upper shield goes plenty high emough.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 12:23 am

Skyman,

If you butt gets sore after about 150 miles you should think of the famous Walmart Gel pad that costs only $20. I used it for a couple of years and my wife still does riding in back. You get them in the automotive isle next to the steering wheel covers. They are in the same place at every Walmart I go to.

If you try that and still don't like it than the Air hawk is very good too but about $150. The Walmart pad really works good though and I would start with that. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:10 am

Thanks Roadrunner, I have been thinking about the airflow and just want to make sure when I let go of the bucks it is the right one. It was 90 here yesterday and the summer heat is just coming on.
Jeff I went to one Walmart yesterday looking for the gel pad but could not find it. There are a couple of more around though so I will check out those stores as well. Thank you for the tip.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Skyman,

I live in St.Pete.Fl. And I jest put the Airflow windshield on and I like it a lot so far.I have to admit I've only got 300mi.on it so far. I sit on a one half of a beaded car seat cover like this one in this link.
http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Bead-Wood-Beaded-Cushion/dp/B000EEU0IO
It was left over from a friends seat and I thought I would give it a try and liked it so I left it on. I've had it on for over 18,000 mi.now. It's a lot cooler than siting on the stock seat cover.
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Skyman wrote:
I am just six feet tall but long in the body and want one that I can just look over with out the wind in my face and some protection for my wife as well. How high does the airflow GIVI go? Thanks again,,,

Welcome Skyman

For a behind the bars look on adjustability open this link, it should open to the second page and scroll to the fifth post down.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t1677p15-givi-airflow-adjustable-windshield-review
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:05 pm

trouble1100 wrote:
Skyman wrote:
I am just six feet tall but long in the body and want one that I can just look over with out the wind in my face and some protection for my wife as well. How high does the airflow GIVI go? Thanks again,,,

Welcome Skyman

For a behind the bars look on adjustability open this link, it should open to the second page and scroll to the fifth post down.

https://www.silverwing600.com/t1677p15-givi-airflow-adjustable-windshield-review

Not to change the subject, but that is a awesome looking dog, man!
Back to top Go down
Skyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:48 am

Thanks Trouble1100 I did read the review and I have yet to find one that is negative of the Airflow. I guess it's time to save the dollars! By the way your Swing is beautiful and the dogs cool too.
Model 28a thank you for the link I will check it out. Who knows I may be running into you somewhere as we are not that far apart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Wing owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Wing owner   New Wing owner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Wing owner
Page 1 of 1