Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

MRP Roller Weights

Go down 
+3
honda_silver
Sweendog
DennisB
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Has any one givin these a try? The price is right, $29.99 free shipping.

http://www.scooterdynasty.com/slidingweightsdrpulley28mmx20mm400cc-600cc-1.aspx

Just found the name: MARTIN RACING PERFORMANCE
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Haven't heard of anyone trying those yet. I'll probably just get stock weights from Ron Ayers, for $20.63 + shipping (prob. around $5).
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 2:55 am

DennisB wrote:
Has any one givin these a try? The price is right, $29.99 free shipping.

http://www.scooterdynasty.com/slidingweightsdrpulley28mmx20mm400cc-600cc-1.aspx

Just found the name: MARTIN RACING PERFORMANCE

MRP was previously the USA distributor for Dr Pulley ... however they started creating their own rollers (and maybe sliders).

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-topics-f3/drpulley-official-announcement-t1422.htm#11641
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:04 am

Sweendog wrote:
Haven't heard of anyone trying those yet. I'll probably just get stock weights from Ron Ayers, for $20.63 + shipping (prob. around $5).

I've been thinking about buying lighter rollers/sliders, but given that the stock weights are cheaper than anything else out there, now I think I'll just try to bore out a set of stock rollers to lower the weight. I've never actually looked a the stock weights, but based on the pictures it looks like there's enough material that one could remove a couple of grams by enlarging that center hole and not cause any structural integrity issues. And since people have mixed 21g and 28g weights without any apparent issues, it wouldn't have to be super precise - within 1g or so of each other should be fine.

Anyway, it's a idea...
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:47 am

edbancro wrote:
Sweendog wrote:

I've been thinking about buying lighter rollers/sliders, but given that the stock weights are cheaper than anything else out there, now I think I'll just try to bore out a set of stock rollers to lower the weight. I've never actually looked a the stock weights, but based on the pictures it looks like there's enough material that one could remove a couple of grams by enlarging that center hole and not cause any structural integrity issues. And since people have mixed 21g and 28g weights without any apparent issues, it wouldn't have to be super precise - within 1g or so of each other should be fine.

Anyway, it's a idea...

I thought about that also but for $29.99 you save time, headaches and ware and tear on my lathe cutting bits, on harden metal and hoping I get the weight correct.
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:09 pm

DennisB wrote:
I thought about that also but for $29.99 you save time, headaches and ware and tear on my lathe cutting bits, on harden metal and hoping I get the weight correct.

I definitely agree on the time and headache aspects, but Dr. Pulley's put down of the MRP products in the post Bill referenced does make me wonder what the long term effects of using some of these aftermarket rollers - maybe Dr. Pulley's aren't so great either for all we know. Obviously the only way we'll really know about any of these brands is if someone is willing to try them and see what happens long term (like the oddities that can show up when the J Costa pins wear down), but for those who aren't willing to risk other components, modifying the stock rollers would give more assurance that at least they won't wear any faster...

As far as the tools to use and getting the weight correct, I was thinking about just taking my time with some coarse sandpaper or a brake cylinder hone, and my wife has a kitchen scale that claims 1g precision.

Anyway, I'm mostly just 'thinking out loud' here. If I have time over my winter break I may try it and see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:16 pm

I would suggest contacting Paul Wu ( unionltd@ms14.hinet.net ) from Dr Pulley.

They have provided Dr Pulley Slider weights of
21 gram
26 gram
28 gram
31 gram

It looks like they customize the weights by changing the metal that is inserted inside the Slider weights. So I would be surprised to find they may have a solution for you.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 1:53 pm

edbancro wrote:
DennisB wrote:

I definitely agree on the time and headache aspects, but Dr. Pulley's put down of the MRP products in the post Bill referenced does make me wonder what the long term effects of using some of these aftermarket rollers - maybe Dr. Pulley's aren't so great either for all we know. Obviously the only way we'll really know about any of these brands is if someone is willing to try them and see what happens long term (like the oddities that can show up when the J Costa pins wear down), but for those who aren't willing to risk other components, modifying the stock rollers would give more assurance that at least they won't wear any faster...

As far as the tools to use and getting the weight correct, I was thinking about just taking my time with some coarse sandpaper or a brake cylinder hone, and my wife has a kitchen scale that claims 1g precision.

Anyway, I'm mostly just 'thinking out loud' here. If I have time over my winter break I may try it and see how it turns out.

Going to give them a try. I ordered a set of MRP Rollers, yesterday, in 21gr. If any one wants the other 4 new MRP 21gr. un-used rollers from this set, please PM me $16.00
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

as far as trying to turn weights on a lathe, having weights from Reflex, S'wing, and Chinese brand. sitting in the garage. I thought about that for lower weights.
I could not figure out how to hold them, The brass is encapulated by some synthetic plastic. The brass spins inside of the plastic.
I guess you could hold the inner and turn around after cut. But looks too hard to do. easier to just buy new ones in the weight you want.

Note: Dr Pulley sliders are a harder plastic. I havent seen any wear in reflex after 10K miles. Also the plate guides are the same material and used OEM since two broke. they were too brittle for that app , as far as I am concerned.

MaxB (who took the easy way and bought new)
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:03 pm

OK...Just installed 4 MRP 21gr rollers with 4 28gr Dr. Pulley sliders.....WOW, what a difference and smoother...alot smoother!

There was a... what seemed like, a flat spot in the amount of power at between 50 to 70 MPH. Now that's gone.

Big gain in performance with a increase of only a small RPM of .2K at 70 MPH indicated.

I'm going to stick with this combination for awhile. I like it

Just thought you might be interested.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:37 am

I have enjoyed the added performance, and I don't miss that flat spot around 40! I would like to try all 21g sliders, some say the ride was scarry. The price makes this a good value for the return in responsiveness. I have been saving the second set of 21gx28g to use when this set wears out. Some have reported the JCosta pins wearing at around 10K, we will have to see how much longer the Dr. Pulley sliders last before replacement is needed. Using the dry lube also adds some smoothness to the system.
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:49 am

I put dr. Pulley slider in one of my reflexes and they look like new at 10k miles

maxB
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:29 am

Installed a combination of 4 rollers and 4 slider. Just thought I'd give it a try, I like it. Sure made a big difference.

With this set of MRP rollers for $29.99, you only get 6 rollers but that's OK with me...I only needed 4.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 10:26 am

MaxB wrote:
I put dr. Pulley slider in one of my reflexes and they look like new at 10k miles

maxB

I fugured the wear would be less, thanks for the info Max. I have less than 5K on mine now and the still look new.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Quote :
With this set of MRP rollers for $29.99, you only get 6 rollers but that's OK with me...I only needed 4.

Isn't MRP the same folks who were passing off counterfeit Dr Pulley Sliders as the real deal last year? And now they're marketing their own branded Rollers for the Silverwing but only sending 6 of the 8 rollers needed for the Silverwing variator.

Unless they are selling the rollers piece by piece it sure doesn't sound as if they're a reputable source to me.

Caveat Emptor

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MRP Roller Weights Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRP Roller Weights   MRP Roller Weights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MRP Roller Weights
Page 1 of 1