Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Baby's got Gear

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Baby's got Gear Empty
PostSubject: Baby's got Gear   Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Cathy rode her first long trip on the highway on Sunday in preparation of moving onto her '03 RedWing™️. She rode 105 miles down I-5 to Olympia and back on her Majesty.

http://gallery.me.com/chinasaur/100015

From Federal Way thru the Tacoma Dome, down thru Lakewood and into Lacey and Olympia. After about 8 or 9 days on the bike alone, she's rocking down the highway at 65mph safely. She digs the sense of freedom (beyond belief) and can't believe how ....... good it feels Wink

Stopped off for a coffee in Olympia to discuss roadcraft techniques and regroup, and then back on the scoots up to the Puyallup exit for 512.
Once on 512, we got hit by the tailwind on the right side so she got a good education on how sidewinds affect the trim of the ride. Then back up thru the Valley and home.

She listened and got all the good gear, and hi visibility too, so she's safe. I bought a TourMaster™️ rain suit and am wearing that over my MotoPort main suit. Am very pleased with the amount of protection this thing provides for $68. It's allowing me to put off getting a whole new jacket/pants combo until next year or until I find something I like (Aerostich) or can afford Wink
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Baby's got Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby's got Gear   Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Looking good!

Consider looking at the Motoport gear before plunging into the Aerostich gear, I have the kevlar pants, and will get the matching jacket in the next couple of years. Extremely well made stuff, great service, and custom tailored.
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-08-26

Baby's got Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby's got Gear   Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Sween... I've been thinking of the 'Stich suit for next year when I can afford it.

Did you get the full suit or Darien gear? And why did buy what you did? Did you like one style over another for any particular reason?

Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Baby's got Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby's got Gear   Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:42 pm

When I found out about Motoport, I was looking for pants. I had already purchased an Olympia jacket, which I'm still happy with, although I will upgrade to a Motoport jacket when the time comes for a new one.

I settled on the Air Mesh pants: http://www.motoport.com/_product_106916/Air_Mesh_Kevlar_Pant

After talking with the Motorport contact. They were very helpful via email, and even called me back when they recieved my measurements, because they thought one of them might be wrong, which it was. They helped me re-measure, and when the pants arrived, they fit perfectly. That was one of the things I liked best, their gear is tailored for you, instead of being forced to pick out a size. It's top-notch construction, and the kevlar breathes quite well, and is very strong. Anyway, check them out!

-Bill
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Baby's got Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby's got Gear   Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Sweendog wrote:
When I found out about Motoport, I was looking for pants. I had already purchased an Olympia jacket, which I'm still happy with, although I will upgrade to a Motoport jacket when the time comes for a new one.

I settled on the Air Mesh pants: http://www.motoport.com/_product_106916/Air_Mesh_Kevlar_Pant

That is what I have with Quad-armor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Baby's got Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby's got Gear   Baby's got Gear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby's got Gear
Page 1 of 1