Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings From 'Phoenix'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
landisr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2024-04-06

Greetings From 'Phoenix' Empty
PostSubject: Greetings From 'Phoenix'   Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 11:47 am

Hello to all. I/we moved here from Michigan in 2013. We are retired. The Wife provides day care for two grandsons and I basically stay out of her way. Greetings From 'Phoenix' 1f60e I have been riding since 1963, having ridden over a half million miles and been in all 48 states on motorcycles. I would like to see Alaska before we ruin it ;-) and am still waiting for them to complete the bridge to Hawaii. (I want to ride MY bike there.) Most of those miles have been on airhead BMWs and Goldwings. I still have my '94 GW that I purchased new. It presently has over 200,000 miles on it, and it still purrs like a tiger. Still has the original clutch, etc. Maintenance only, so I am familiar with Honda reliability. I now keep it at my brother's place back in Michigan and I use it for my private fly-n-ride program. I go back for several weeks every summer so as to escape the Oven. My other bike is a 2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. My only major gripe with Honda: I don't agree with their enforcement of their copyrights to the name Interceptor. Any way, rant quickly over. I am excited to put some miles on the new beast, as soon as I can get to the MVD. Looking forward to lurking here, and again, hopefully at some point will be able to contribute.

See you on the road.

Ron in AZ
Back to top Go down
Rzor93
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rzor93

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2024-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From 'Phoenix'   Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 3:43 pm

landisr wrote:
Hello to all.  I/we moved here from Michigan in 2013.  We are retired.  The Wife provides day care for two grandsons and I basically stay out of her way.   Greetings From 'Phoenix' 1f60e  I have been riding since 1963, having ridden over a half million miles and been in all 48 states on motorcycles.  I would like to see Alaska before we ruin it ;-) and am still waiting for them to complete the bridge to Hawaii.  (I want to ride MY bike there.)  Most of those miles have been on airhead BMWs and Goldwings.  I still have my '94 GW that I purchased new.  It presently has over 200,000 miles on it, and it still purrs like a tiger.  Still has the original clutch, etc.  Maintenance only, so I am familiar with Honda reliability.  I now keep it at my brother's place back in Michigan and I use it for my private fly-n-ride program.  I go back for several weeks every summer so as to escape the Oven.  My other bike is a 2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.  My only major gripe with Honda:  I don't agree with their enforcement of their copyrights to the name Interceptor.  Any way, rant quickly over.  I am excited to put some miles on the new beast, as soon as I can get to the MVD.  Looking forward to lurking here, and again, hopefully at some point will be able to contribute.

See you on the road.

Ron in AZ
welcome to the forum the swing is a tank you will enjoy it's reliability. Have fun out there.
Back to top Go down
landisr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From 'Phoenix'   Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 7:11 pm

I'm starting to put together my to-do list; spare parts, 'trunk junk' to keep myself ready on the road,,, etc. I just returned from the MVD. I am totally legal now despite a paper license plate. ;-)
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From 'Phoenix'   Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 7:22 am

Welcome to the forum Lamdisr from the UK.

Make friends with the search bar to access the wealth of knowledge contained within these portals for all things Swing and a bit more besides.
Key words work best I find, but you'll soon get the hang of it.
Can't find what your looking for, just start a new post and await the responses.

Look forward to reading about your views on the born again Enfield interceptor 650.
Not a great lover of "reborn classics", the originals were bad enough to maintain, guess they stopped the oil leaks these days, best place for them is a museum, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.(my rant over).
Be safe, be seen! Hi-vis and Leds are your friends these day, ear buds and headphones killed loud pipes.

1999 Suzuk Burgman AN400 with a few mods.
2009 Honda Silverwing FJS600abs with a lot of mods.
2012 Honda VFR1200FD DCT this years summer ride.
Back to top Go down
landisr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From 'Phoenix'   Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 6:15 pm

I used to have a 2009 RE Bullet, a 500cc thumper. It was more modern than the oldies, very narrow, light and nimble. But deadly on these roads in metro Phoenix. I sold it shortly after we moved here. I was looking for a lighter bike to go with my GW, and they had recently introduced a 650 parallel twin. All new frame designed by Harris in the UK. New engine, counterbalanced, fuel injected, ABS, 6 speed, modern electronics etc. It has been a fun bike, but I have been trying to make it more comfortable on longer rides. The suspension is ok, but it didn't come with any wind protection or storage,and I am not willing to spend megabucks on a custom seat. As soon as I can figure out how to post pics and/or links, I will share here.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From 'Phoenix'   Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Hello and welcome. I'm here in Tucson and on my fifth Swing. Yes riding through Pheonix can be pretty hairy and I try to avoid the city as much as possible ,but it's the quickest way to Laughlin .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From 'Phoenix'   Greetings From 'Phoenix' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings From 'Phoenix'
Page 1 of 1