Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeby Boating123 Today at 6:48 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 1:08 pm

» Sinko De Mayo
New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New seat cover question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

New seat cover question Empty
PostSubject: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2023 5:42 pm

I just received a new seat cover and I noticed there’s no hole in it to attach the buttrest too ,I seen it mentioned in a thread that the buttrest is adjustable so I’m assuming there’s a hole in the seat cover that a bracket would pass thru or am I missing something ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2023 6:01 pm

Hi john

You are correct, there are 2 holes for the riders back/butt rest to slide into the main seat

Hope this helps.

Be safe, be seen !
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2023 6:27 pm

JohnyC wrote:
Hi john

You are correct, there are 2 holes for the riders back/butt rest to slide into the main seat

Hope this helps.

Be safe, be seen !
Thank you,I’m going to reach out to the company and see what they say,

Another question ,would just putting a hole in the correct location work (the easy way to do it) or do you think it would need to be sew’n like a hem around the hole (the hard way) cause it have to install it to get the correct locations then removed and brought to a seamstress to make it pretty,even though it’s not seen?
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 11:10 am

If the seat cover isn’t too much money, you would put a couple of slits in it for the bars of the buttrest, or as I did, remove it completely, I removed the brackets (kept them) and put a piece of high density foam rubber over the area and covered the whole thing with the seat cover so everything is nice and hidden…I don’t miss the buttrest as I needed more legroom and even with it all the way back, it still wasn’t enough. Now I have all the room I need.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 12:24 pm

Erdoc48 wrote:
If the seat cover isn’t too much money, you would put a couple of slits in it for the bars of the buttrest, or as I did, remove it completely, I removed the brackets (kept them) and put a piece of high density foam rubber over the area and covered the whole thing with the seat cover so everything is nice and hidden…I don’t miss the buttrest as I needed more legroom and even with it all the way back, it still wasn’t enough. Now I have all the room I need.
The cover I bought is in two pieces and I have to remove the old seat cover and buttrest cover, I love the buttrest so I don’t have the problems you do,after reading the instructions they explain that after stapling the front and back where you think it goes then stretching the sides in place you may have to redo the top and bottom to get it to just right which to tell you the truth it just sounds like a pain in the butt,the instructions even state that if you think it’s too hard for you to get professional help to install it for you,a local upholstery guy quoted me between $250-$300 to install it and if you include the cost of the cover I’d be at $550 🧐 and for that much I can get a Corbin seat which is a bolt-on which is made of leather and looks way nicer and I love the stitching they do on it and I can get accent piping in a color of my choice for the same money and I can put the old seat on EBay to help reduce the cost or put it towards a backrest at a later date,according to others Corbin seats give a little more legroom which is fine with me,I’m 5’10” and the stock seat is fine with me so an xtra inch is fine with me,just for future reference for folks using the search bar the brand is Motok on EBay..
Oh I forgot I would need to purchase a electric staple gun which is another $40which would’ve brought the total to around $600..😟

On a side note I’ve never received a package so quickly as I did from Motok which is in Greece and I’m in New Jersey and I ordered on the 19th it shipped on the 20th and I received it on the 21st ,WOW

Here’s a pick of the instructions 

New seat cover question Img_0410
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 1:03 pm

I was thinking it was a mesh cover like the one I use. Yes, that’s a bit of coin as they say to install it. That’s crazy actually- I didn’t think it would be that much for a pre-made cover (not a custom piece made by the upholsterer). I agree for that much money, you’d be better off getting a Corbin or Russell seat. Hate to ask as you’re in Jersey City (I remember it well but I’m sure it’s changed a lot). Do you park the SWing outdoors or garage it?
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 1:38 pm

Erdoc48 wrote:
I was thinking it was a mesh cover like the one I use. Yes, that’s a bit of coin as they say to install it. That’s crazy actually- I didn’t think it would be that much for a pre-made cover (not a custom piece made by the upholsterer). I agree for that much money, you’d be better off getting a Corbin or Russell seat. Hate to ask as you’re in Jersey City (I remember it well but I’m sure it’s changed a lot). Do you park the SWing outdoors or garage it?
I was born here and it’s changed a lot since I was a kid,i was born downtown 3rd st. & Coles but the rents are outrageous downtown now,all the New Yorkers that abandoned nyc moved to downtown and they gladly pay $2500 for a 1 bedroom that use to cost them $4000 in Manhattan,im in the heights right ofF Summit Ave and yes I park my Swing right in front of my house and I have a front rotor lock/alarm on it and nobody messes with it ,there about 5-6 scooter owners on my block,most food delivery guys have scooters in the city ,the waterfront is full of 50-60 story office building and apartments ,prices start at $2500 a month and up in them.

I made a drone video about 5 yrs ago of the waterfront and the # of skyscrapers double since then,,take a peek.

https://youtu.be/bwuQUfrCz5o

I never heard of Russel seats but I’ll take a look and compare them to the Corbin’s which really look sweet,I’ll do a search on them here too…New seat cover question Img_1111
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 1:58 pm

https://day-long.com/

New seat cover question Img_3211
New seat cover question Img_3210

Not cheap but quite comfortable- I have one for the ST.
Thanks for the video link - I’ll check that in a bit. I’m a St. Peter’s Prep and College (now university) graduate. I lived on Clinton Avenue (my old house has since been knocked down and a new one was constructed there years ago).
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 3:39 pm

Erdoc48 wrote:
https://day-long.com/

New seat cover question Img_3211
New seat cover question Img_3210

Not cheap but quite comfortable- I have one for the ST.
Thanks for the video link - I’ll check that in a bit. I’m a St. Peter’s Prep and College (now university) graduate. I lived on Clinton Avenue (my old house has since been knocked down and a new one was constructed there years ago).
Wow sweet colors who makes that seat ? And was the bike sprayed a different color or was the one picture shot on a sunnier day ? I like the size of that backrest, I usually see just a small oval one,do you mind sharing the price of the seat….The standard Corbin with one color seat with a small oval backrest is around $1000 total but I’m guessing choosing two colors and the larger backrest adds to the price,,,,,That seat makes the bike,I’m sure you get compliments all the time on it….

Yes I’m familiar Clinton Avenue that area for the most part hasn’t changed much simply because it’s not near a Path Station or the Lightrail they built ,if you lived between Westside and Kennedy Blvd I’d say that’s the best block on Clinton Ave because you’d be close to Lincoln Park
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 3:43 pm

That’s where we were (but I left the area in 1980 when I was ~ 16 years old). The seat isn’t mine- that’s from the Russel seat company. Hit this link: https://day-long.com/
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2023 4:02 pm

Erdoc48 wrote:
That’s where we were (but I left the area in 1980 when I was ~ 16 years old). The seat isn’t mine- that’s from the Russel seat company. Hit this link:  https://day-long.com/
yeah I just looked at the Russell page,they have some gorgeous stuff but very pricey,and the price guide needs to be studied closely to figure things out,Thank you for all your help👍👍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New seat cover question   New seat cover question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New seat cover question
Page 1 of 1