Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Seat cover I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 12:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
Seat cover I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Seat cover I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Seat cover I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Seat cover I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Seat cover I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Seat cover I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Seat cover I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Seat cover I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Seat cover I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Seat cover

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Seat cover Empty
PostSubject: Seat cover   Seat cover I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:16 am

I posted a message a few days ago (which I can't find now) about taking the back rest off of my seat. This leaves the plastic brackets that hold the backrest exposed. Someone replied that a sheepskin cover would solve the that problem.

What kind of cover is this and where does one find one? Thanks
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Seat cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat cover   Seat cover I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:43 am

RobinC wrote:
I posted a message a few days ago (which I can't find now) about taking the back rest off of my seat. This leaves the plastic brackets that hold the backrest exposed. Someone replied that a sheepskin cover would solve the that problem.

What kind of cover is this and where does one find one? Thanks

http://www.alaskaleather.com/honda.html

For Driver WITH buttrest it recommends Large.
For Driver WITHOUT buttrest I have the Black Deluxe short hair http://www.alaskaleather.com/prices&sizes2.html#x-large with Webbing Strap (not stretchy).

For the Passenger I have the Black Deluxe short hair http://www.alaskaleather.com/prices&sizes2.html#large with Stretchy Webbing.

When you order, if you use the "deadsheep" coupon code you will get a 10% discount.
Back to top Go down
allhondascoots
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
allhondascoots

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Seat cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat cover   Seat cover I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Honda Silver,
Do you run your set up without the front backrest at all?
The reason I'm asking is that even with the backrest all the way in the rearmost position, my knees just barely clear the "dash", and there is no chance of streching my legs. Looking all the seat threads on here, and most seem to relate to helping short legged people touch the ground.
The few aftermaket options out there don't really solve my problem..I wish someone made a long flat seat, or something for 34+ inseams..

Another idea would be some kind of foot peg extension, but I'd rather keep the bikes lines clean for now.

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Seat cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat cover   Seat cover I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:09 pm

allhondascoots wrote:
Do you run your set up without the front backrest at all?

I do not have the front OEM backrest, which I call "buttrest". If you take the buttrest apart you will find a heavy metal plate at the bottom of the buttrest which created a lot of discomfort on my lower back/tailbone ... what a relief.

I do have the Utopia backrest. The Utopia backrest sits future back then just raising the buttrest up and it you can adjust how far forward you want it ... I have it extended and adjusted forward close to the maximum.

I have the Air Hawk on the seat which is covered by an Alaskan Sheepskin which lifts me up enough that the slope of the front seat without the buttrest and allowing me to slide back as much as I want ... I slide all the way back to the Utopia backrest.

Suggested steps

1) So I would first suggest removing the buttrest and checking if that
helps resolve your legroom.

2) If the front seat slope without the backrest does not allow you to comfortably slide back further ... then raising via Air Hawk (or something equivalent) would remove the slope .

3) If you need backrest support with long legroom ... I do not believe raised buttrest would work ... but I am sure the Utopia would not interfere with your ability to stretch out.

I originally thought I would need a Russel Day long seat, now I have do not need it ... and my portable seat solutions can go with me except for the Utopia backrest (which I would purchase a new one).

allhondascoots wrote:
The few aftermaket options out there don't really solve my problem..I wish someone made a long flat seat, or something for 34+ inseams..

I am 32 inseam but I know could adjust the Utopia backrest back further and get a couple of more inches ... without feeling any seat slope.

I hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
allhondascoots
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
allhondascoots

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Seat cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat cover   Seat cover I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:03 pm

Thanks,
That helps a lot!

Raising the buttpad helped a small bit, but I'll remove it completely for tomorows commute, and see how that feels.

If the Utopia backrest mounts in the same location as the stock buttpad, I'm not sure how that could give any more legroom, but I can see how the adjustability of the angle would help.

thanks again
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Seat cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat cover   Seat cover I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:19 pm

allhondascoots wrote:

If the Utopia backrest mounts in the same location as the stock buttpad, I'm not sure how that could give any more legroom, but I can see how the adjustability of the angle would help.

Look at http://www.utpr.com/silverwingnew.html third picture down (without buttrest).

The bar you see wrapped in leather does not extend too high, at the top of the bar is a metal tube that the backrest slides into ... behind the bar is the pivot screw. Look at http://www.utpr.com/installation.html bottom right picture ... in this picture the backrest is flipped forward allowing you to see the pivot.

So there are two major adjustments on the Utopia backrest
1) Pivot screw
2) Backrest height

Between both of these you can adjust the backrest BACK further.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seat cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seat cover   Seat cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seat cover
Page 1 of 1