Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:58 am

» noise under load
Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Two Wheel Seismic Shift

Go down 
+2
JohnyC
mark1of8
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mark1of8
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2023-06-08

Two Wheel Seismic Shift Empty
PostSubject: Two Wheel Seismic Shift   Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 8:20 am

After years of riding large cruisers (1500+cc), I acted on a notion I’ve had for a couple of years and purchased a 2008 Silverwing. The bike has 10,114 miles and is in near-showroom condition.

Frankly, riding on something so (comparatively) small that is so peppy is quite a novel experience. I plan to replace the oem windshield with a Givi 214D for better protection.

If there are any other essential mod suggestions out there for a Swing newbie, please feel free to share!
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Two Wheel Seismic Shift   Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 3:03 pm

Welcome to the Forum mark1of8 from the UK.

My first advise is to make friends with the Search Bar for the Wealth of Knowledge contained within these Hallowed Halls for  all things Silverwing.
My second is just get out there and enjoy the novel experience and laid back riding style of a Silverwing for a bit, then worry if you can or need to improve it.

Help and advise are always on hand and usually just a shout away.

Hope this helps.

Be safe, be seen!

99 Suzuki An400 with a few mods.
09 Honda FJS 600 Silverwing with a lot more mods.

Ps have a browse in the modifications section.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3299
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Two Wheel Seismic Shift   Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2023 7:06 pm

#1 just remember it is now an old bike----make sure it has fresh and proper rubber. Honda dealers never had much knowledge of it in its herday,,,carry sprare drive belt

#2 make sure you get the Adjustable Windshield---its provides safe look over! Nice to have in rain/snow/sleet/dust----but I realize cruiser riders do not ride in these conditions. Givi luggage rack works best, my case my Givi E-46 box worked well.

#3 make no mods in stock condition they work fine---and probably can last 100,000 miles or more, just maintained

stock condition it works fine---I had 2 new ones, each working well to the 50,000 mile mark,, the point had which I trade.

Remember they are heavy, a scooter and preform well.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2568
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Two Wheel Seismic Shift   Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2023 7:43 am

Welcome, Mark. I agree with the above...ride for a short time and then decide what if anything needs replacing! In my case the mirrors HAD to go. I couldn't see anything but my shoulders. Eventually I replaced the windshield as well. Good luck with your "new" scooter!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Two Wheel Seismic Shift   Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 9:32 pm

Welcome mark1of8 to the BEST SWing forum on the Net. I also have an 08 SWing that I had converted over to a trike with a Motor Trike kit about 5 years ago and love it. But then my age and physical health had a lot to do with it.
    I added mirror extensions to the mirrors that were on it. They moved them out about 3" to make it so I could see behind me without looking at my shoulders. Now they just catch the edge of my top box mainly for a reference point.
    All of the previous comments are also great. Ride it for a while to see what you want/need to change. The windshield that came with it when I bought it is a Clearview XL. Not even sure if they are in business anymore or not. It's still serving me well. I'm only 5 feet 9 inches tall so that might be a factor.
Two Wheel Seismic Shift Coborn55

And there she is...
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Two Wheel Seismic Shift   Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2023 6:57 am

Clearview is still in business…I bought my shield for the SWing and it’s a medium size I believe (so not too tall and it has the side coverage as well)- I’m happy with the wind deflection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two Wheel Seismic Shift   Two Wheel Seismic Shift I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Wheel Seismic Shift
Page 1 of 1