Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 3:33 pm

» May 2024 forum picture
Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:44 am

» checking the oil
Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Goldwing trike

Go down 
+2
Cosmic_Jumper
GHM-PM
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2561
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Goldwing trike Empty
PostSubject: Goldwing trike   Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2023 7:44 am

Well due to health issues and to please my wife and others I purchased the below!  NOTE I am not selling my Silver Wing, but since my heart issues in January the cardiologist doesn't really want me on two wheels for a while. We shall see what he says in 6 months!

This is a 2005 Goldwing with the Motor Trike kit and 69K.  I love the white paint, have seen very few Goldies in white and really like it!

To be honest this will take a lot of getting used to, as I have never rode a trike before and it is SO different. We shall see.
Goldwing trike Trike10
Goldwing trike Trike111
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Goldwing trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldwing trike   Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2023 8:29 am

Congratulations Glenn. Good to hear that you’ll be in the wind again.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

Goldwing trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldwing trike   Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2023 9:40 am

GHM-PM wrote:
Well due to health issues and to please my wife and others I purchased the below!  NOTE I am not selling my Silver Wing, but since my heart issues in January the cardiologist doesn't really want me on two wheels for a while. We shall see what he says in 6 months!

This is a 2005 Goldwing with the Motor Trike kit and 69K.  I love the white paint, have seen very few Goldies in white and really like it!

To be honest this will take a lot of getting used to, as I have never rode a trike before and it is SO different. We shall see.
Goldwing trike Trike10
Goldwing trike Trike111

Wow that thing is sweet,I have a feeling you’ll be thinking of selling your Swing in about a month if not less,what’s the overall length of it ? Does the lower trunk open for storage?

Ride Safely
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Goldwing trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldwing trike   Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2023 11:38 am

Johnbil09 wrote:

Wow that thing is sweet,I have a feeling you’ll be thinking of selling your Swing in about a month if not less,what’s the overall length of it ? Does the lower trunk open for storage?

Ride Safely

The lower trunk is cavernous! very nice, as to selling the Silver Wing...I doubt it.  I have ridden 2 wheelers since 1969 so not about to quit until absolutely necessary. I still ride the SWing but due to DR. orders only short distances Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2022-05-31

Goldwing trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldwing trike   Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2023 1:36 pm

Shall I hazard a guess doc’s advice due to anticoagulants? The trike is very nice! If you wanted to keep the SWing (and I would want to keep mine as well), would an airbag vest help for better protection? I wear mine all the time whether on the STs or the SWing. It probably won’t take too much getting used to for the trike (no countersteer, just point and shoot). I see those down by me every day in South Carolina.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Goldwing trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldwing trike   Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2023 9:38 pm

That's a very nice looking trike Glenn!!
I've had my SWing triked out with a Motor Trike Kit a few years ago now and after getting used to taking intersection corners and curves on the road with it I'm very comfortable with it. I rode it around my small town for about an hour to get used to intersections and not leaning into them. At first I got the feeling of maybe tipping over but got over that pretty quick. I'm glad that I triked it out and have NO regrets doing it. Just ride it around in town for a bit then once you're used to it you can burn up the highways again...
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Goldwing trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldwing trike   Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2023 1:01 pm

Thanks guys, I am learning fast! Much more comfortable than I was 2 days ago, I hit the Highway near me today and did 65 MPH for a spell then u-turned and headed home. Cruised through my neighborhood with no problems! Actually I kinda like stopping at a light or stop sign and NOT having to put my feet down.

This OLD dog is learning new tricks!
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Goldwing trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldwing trike   Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2023 2:20 pm

Reminds me of a guy who had the opposite problem. He rode with a side-car for 25 years but eventually decided to remove it. Every time he came to a stop, he fell off!
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2022-05-31

Goldwing trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldwing trike   Goldwing trike I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2023 5:26 pm

I would STRONGLY advise us all to keep riding, even if on 3 wheels. Glad the trike is working out for you! The Mrs and I just got home after 150 miles on the ST- she hasn’t ridden pillion in a long time, but she did well with leaning and not upsetting the balance of the bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goldwing trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldwing trike   Goldwing trike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goldwing trike
Page 1 of 1