Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:12 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 2:15 am

» Drive belt prices
Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 1:28 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:27 am

» New to Me Swing
Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Need a front fender

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

Need a front fender Empty
PostSubject: Need a front fender   Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2023 12:02 am

My bike came with a broken front fender and the only one I can find is from Ali Express just wondering if anyone has tried it and how was the quality and fit,along with the color match which is Silver,I checked all the parts places listed in threads and everyone is out of stock,Ebay has one but it’s jacked up too,dents,cracks,here’s a pic of what I found

Need a front fender 9ae68a10
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Need a front fender   Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2023 12:59 am

Not all year front fenders are the same. More specifically (besides the color) it depends on whether your model has the front fender fork brace.

Partzilla shows a 2004 silver metallic front fender (61103-MCT-940ZD) for $158.30 with free shipping (Free ship over $149). Do check their site to compare your fender with what’s shown regarding that fork brace. There is also one for ~$70 on eBay but, even though it states will fit 2003-2011 it will only fit a fork brace fender.

The alternative would be to learn some new tupperware repair skills then repaint your newly repaired fender a “neutral” color, like black. Nobody will know or care.

Lots of good tupperware repair videos on YouTube. Oatey ABS plumbing cement (not PVC cement) is frequently available at Home Depot/Lowes. That and fiberglass drywall tape work very well. Or use, my personal preference, Plast-Aid.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: Need a front fender   Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2023 1:15 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Not all year front fenders are the same. More specifically (besides the color) it depends on whether your model has the front fender fork brace.

Partzilla shows a 2004 silver metallic front fender (61103-MCT-940ZD) for $158.30 with free shipping (Free ship over $149). Do check their site to compare your fender with what’s shown regarding that fork brace. There is also one for ~$70 on eBay but, even though it states will fit 2003-2011 it will only fit a fork brace fender.

The alternative would be to learn some new tupperware repair skills then repaint your newly repaired fender a “neutral” color, like black. Nobody will know or care.

Lots of good tupperware repair videos on YouTube. Oatey ABS plumbing cement (not PVC cement) is frequently available at Home Depot/Lowes. That and fiberglass drywall tape work very well. Or use, my personal preference, Plast-Aid.
Oh ok that was easy enough till check it in the morning,I did another search there and it showed as Unavailable but I think it was a different part #

https://i.imgur.com/IDepswW.png

Edit,,I just checked there’s no brace under the fender

The guy covered the damage with yellow and black caution tape but I can feel a few quarter size chips on the front of it,I think I’ll take the tape off and see what’s going on under there

Ride Safely
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: Need a front fender   Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 3:23 pm

Johnbil09 wrote:
My bike came with a broken front fender and the only one I can find is from Ali Express just wondering if anyone has tried it and how was the quality and fit,along with the color match which is Silver,I checked all the parts places listed in threads and everyone is out of stock,Ebay has one but it’s jacked up too,dents,cracks,here’s a pic of what I I
I found someone who can order NOS for $160 which is ok with me considering the ones on eBay are cracked or would need to be painted ,I’ll update this when it comes inĀ 

https://www.chapmoto.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwlumhBhClARIsABO6p-yvcDfKEwBW-LT1j_RFR2XwVFf7z7-FgHfgYQWmAghMalfhTSYnjjsaAiGOEALw_wcB
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Need a front fender   Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 5:29 pm

I looked for a replacement front fender with little success. I decided to repaint the scratched areas, (the rear part) and trimmed the paint edges with a small black trim strip. It's hidden for most of the time and it kinda looks OK.

I think at some point in the future I will repaint the entire fender.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: Need a front fender   Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 5:53 pm

Loosemarbles wrote:
I looked for a replacement front fender with little success. I decided to repaint the scratched areas, (the rear part) and trimmed the paint edges with a small black trim strip. It's hidden for most of the time and it kinda looks OK.

I think at some point in the future I will repaint the entire fender.
There’s plenty of new burgundy fenders around but the silver ones seem to be out of stock around here,I know there’s plenty in stock around the world it’s just a matter of making contact with the right person,

Mine could have been repaired at a body shop then a respray but that would’ve been way more expensive than I am willing to spend on a fender,
I talked to a local guy who wraps cars and bikes and I asked him to do a little sketch on what he can do with wrap on the Swing,I think a dark purple would look nice with the silver,the badging gotta
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Need a front fender   Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 8:02 pm

I just bought a right lower side over as mine is scratched quite a bit- none of the other online vendors have it but ChapMoto indicates it does. I’m actually expecting an email days away to tell me they can’t get it but we’ll see.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

PostSubject: Re: Need a front fender   Need a front fender I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 8:21 pm

Erdoc48 wrote:
I just bought a right lower side over as mine is scratched quite a bit- none of the other online vendors have it but ChapMoto indicates it does. I’m actually expecting an email days away to tell me they can’t get it but we’ll see.
I hope not,I asked CS and they said it’ll take them two weeks to get it so I figured it was just coming from overseas somewhere that has stock,🤞
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a front fender   Need a front fender I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a front fender
Page 1 of 1