Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 6:01 pm

» New to Me Swing
SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

SilverhairWing Introduction & crampbuster

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverhairWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-07-26

SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster Empty
PostSubject: SilverhairWing Introduction & crampbuster   SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2022 7:54 am

Hi to all my fellow SWing owners, I do enjoy reading the Forum and thank all the contributors for the useful information on the 'Wing.

I live in Scotland 20 miles W of Glasgow, just on the line between the highlands and lowlands. I have a fairly standard Silver Wing in black, I've fitted a taller Givi Screen and adapted an ST1100 carrier and top box.

I wanted to write and urge some caution on the use of the "Crampbuster", (sometimes sold over here as "Cruise Control").

A good friend and very experienced motorcyclist had fitted one to a Honda NC750x dc - the automatic one! He was out with a small group of friends, and had to stop for a Roadworks Traffic signal. He reached to open his visor, and somehow flipped the Cruise Control, of course the bike shot forward, ricocheted off the bike in front, narrowly missed a car, and fell over on a grassy bank opposite. The only damage was slight scuffing and huge embarrassment, but it could have been much worse, so I'd advise caution with this device on an automatic bike.
Back to top Go down
The Dude
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
The Dude

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2022-02-20

PostSubject: Re: SilverhairWing Introduction & crampbuster   SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2022 3:22 pm

Indeed. That is great advice. I inadvertently tapped mine a couple of days ago, and the bike jumped. Using caution is highly recommended. Also be careful with your long jacket sleeves. Sometimes the cuff can find its way around it.

Just things to be careful of and keep in mind if you have one.

I love mine and wouldn't want to ride without it.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: SilverhairWing Introduction & crampbuster   SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 7:43 am

Good advice! I have been using one for nearly 10 years with no problems, but I can see how problems could arise.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: SilverhairWing Introduction & crampbuster   SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 8:23 am

I wouldn't say the Crampbuster is a real cruise control, even the name implies it's more of a wrist rest. When you fit it and adjust it's angle on the twist grip, it's the heel of your hand keeps the throttle open.

They're occasionally useful on boring motorway runs, I've had a couple and tend to lose them.

Which reminds me, I've had that Go-Cruise throttle control in the lid of my top box back since George 'Dubya' Bush was President. It's simple to fit and I know it works, although I've never been on any road so far that I'd find necessary to use it.  scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SilverhairWing Introduction & crampbuster   SilverhairWing  Introduction & crampbuster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SilverhairWing Introduction & crampbuster
Page 1 of 1