Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 4:19 pm

» New to Me Swing
Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 3:47 am

» I said Farewell...
Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 8:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 10:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:28 pm

» Drive belt prices
Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:28 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Ultimate 1 up touring machine

Go down 
+2
MikeO
skids
6 posters
AuthorMessage
skids
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2021-06-21

Ultimate 1 up touring machine Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 11:11 pm

Had the best trip of a lifetime last week in Arkansas. Best roads. Best bike. Best of times.

Ultimate 1 up touring machine 1
Ultimate 1 up touring machine 2-1
Ultimate 1 up touring machine 3
Ultimate 1 up touring machine 4
Ultimate 1 up touring machine 5
Ultimate 1 up touring machine 6
Ultimate 1 up touring machine 7

Last edited by skidders on Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 12:13 pm

Excellent, thank you!
What camera were you using?
Back to top Go down
skids
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 12:21 pm

Thanks. For the video, I used a Sena 10C. The pictures are just from my iPhone.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 12:38 pm

Nice ride. Love that blue, too bad Honda only used it for one year... Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
skids
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 1:06 pm

Thank you. I wasn't sure about the color. I just put it back together after getting it painted. It wasn't what I asked for, nor what I was expecting. It's a 2007 model. Here's what it looked like before -

Ultimate 1 up touring machine Nsw1

GHM-PM wrote:
Nice ride. Love that blue, too bad Honda only used it for one year...  Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
RussWing06
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 8:15 pm

It’s also awesome for two up. Did a 2000 mile round trip with the wifey on back and never a problem on the highway or mountains or twisties. BTW, mines looks like yours before you got it painted. Mine is actually a 2006 and was a dark blue but I swapped out the body panels with the 2007 color.
Back to top Go down
skids
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 9:41 pm

Oh I have no doubt it could be done. However, I believe you and your Mrs. are probably in a lower weight class than me and mine. I set the preload to 5 and take mine on short fun rides of an hour or so, but fully outfitted and all, I'm sure we're exceeding the maximum weight restrictions set for the bike. affraid

The previous owner had it fall over on them in the garage and it had a few blemishes on the other side. Otherwise, I would have just kept it the color it was. I told the guy I wanted a real utilitarian, no sparkles, 2000 Ford Taurus type of blue. Instead, he did what he wanted to do and I've got "fabulous, sparkily, LOOK AT ME BLUE!™". Not at all what I had in mind. It took him 2.5 months and I paid $300 over any other quote I got because this guy was supposed to be "that good". I'm kinda annoyed by the whole incident if you can't tell. I prefer to be incognito rather than, "yeah, it was some idiot on a REALLY bright blue bike. You can't miss em". Cool

My trip to Arkansas was just over 2000 miles.

RussWing06 wrote:
It’s also awesome for two up. Did a 2000 mile round trip with the wifey on back and never a problem on the highway or mountains or twisties. BTW, mines looks like yours before you got it painted. Mine is actually a 2006 and was a dark blue but I swapped out the body panels with the 2007 color.
Back to top Go down
skids
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 10:26 pm

How did you find someone to swap with? I would so swap out someone with a well taken care of factory paint.

RussWing06 wrote:
Back to top Go down
RussWing06
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 11:19 pm

I’m pretty sure we exceeded the max weight. My wife and I are right at the max weight size wise but fully geared up with a full load under the seat and a large topcase fully loaded for a 5 day trip, we definitely pushed the boundaries but the bike was solid and never had a problem maintaining highway speeds or handling twisties here in California.
Back to top Go down
RussWing06
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2021 11:27 pm

My bike was a new 2006 that the dealer wanted off his floor. I wanted the 2007 color with ABS but was unable to find one at the time I was ready to buy. I got a helluva deal on a brand new 06 with ABS so with the money I saved, I purchased all new plastics from a Honda parts distributor. It cost me around $900 back in 07 but that was still less than what I saved on the bike. I ended up selling the dark blue panels on eBay for a couple hundred so a win win for me.
Back to top Go down
Howardr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2022 11:26 pm

Hey Skids, nice video and pics. I sent you a PM

Howard
Back to top Go down
https://thescooterzine.com/
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2022 5:28 am

Nice video and photos Skids!! I can't wait until I can do that again up here in COLD COUNTRY Minnesota!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate 1 up touring machine   Ultimate 1 up touring machine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate 1 up touring machine
Page 1 of 1