Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Heated Grips (split from Sold the Silverwing)

Go down 
+2
Marvincon
Meldrew
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) Empty
PostSubject: Heated Grips (split from Sold the Silverwing)   Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 6:09 pm

Well that piqued my interest enough to see if there's something similar under the left hand switch gear on my Forza 300.  

There isn’t, just the bottom of the Info B switch gear for scrolling through various instrument displays. 

I didn't have heated grips fitted on the Forza 300 as the ones on my Silver Wing weren't very good. Neither were the identical ones that I had on the two Burgmans I owned before the Silver Wing.
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2019-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Heated Grips (split from Sold the Silverwing)   Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 6:30 pm

It's quite similar to the position of the 'factory fitted' heated grips controller of the later Burgman 650 which to me looked like a poor add-on.
https://youtu.be/EvMG2QMt1-0

Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Heated Grips (split from Sold the Silverwing)   Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 7:34 am

Meldrew wrote:
Well that piqued my interest enough to see if there's something similar under the left hand switch gear on my Forza 300.  

There isn’t, just the bottom of the Info B switch gear for scrolling through various instrument displays. 

I didn't have heated grips fitted on the Forza 300 as the ones on my Silver Wing weren't very good. Neither were the identical ones that I had on the two Burgmans I owned before the Silver Wing.

I agree Meldrew! Never had heated grips and figured they would be a problem area to maintain. There is the fact that I don't ride too much in very cold conditions, but when I do, have a set of expensive insulated gloves that do a great job of keeping my hands warm. In my under seat area I have a set of ventilated gloves and the heavy BMW ones so either set is close if needed. But each to his/her own.
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Heated Grips (split from Sold the Silverwing)   Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 8:21 am

Never had a set of factory supplied grips always gone for Oxford, never had a problem.

Come on, you cannot beat that toasty warm feeling!!
Back to top Go down
Marvincon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Marvincon

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2019-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Heated Grips (split from Sold the Silverwing)   Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 8:38 am

Heat wise, Oxfords are up there with the best. When I bought my Crosstourer I had Honda grips fitted and were never happy with the performance. I believe they have been improved since 2012 though. I had a xmax300 with Yamaha grips that have integrated controls in the grip and they were good, I will be fitting them to my new Forza 350 during the summer.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Heated Grips (split from Sold the Silverwing)   Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 8:54 am

One quick online search for Heated Snowmobile Gloves showed an variety of gloves available from wired in to battery operated. I have a pair of unheated snowmobile gloves that worked well for shorter trips when I was doing that sort of thing. If one was going to ride all day on a snowmobile one would want really good gloves.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Heated Grips (split from Sold the Silverwing)   Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:49 am

JamieB wrote:
Never had a set of factory supplied grips always gone for Oxford, never had a problem.

Come on, you cannot beat that toasty warm feeling!!

I've always had mixed feeling about heated grips, I can say I've never had any toasty warm feeling to my hands. I've cranked the setting up to max and had really warm palms only, not an overall warm glow. I've always found that annoying, considering the price you pay for heated grips.

As if I didn’t have enough cold weather and winter gloves , I bought a pair of Rev'it Hydra H2O gloves with short cuffs and a pair of Spidi Rain Warrior gloves also with short cuffs during last years first lockdown.

I've worn both pairs regularly over winter and they've both performed well without my hands getting too cold. It does of course help that I have Givi handle bar wind deflectors fitted to my Forza lessening the wind chill to the backs of my gloves. So I haven't needed my lobster claw mitts. 

The Rain Warriors I bought specifically to cut down on wearing rain mitts or just plodding on wearing whatever gloves I have on in heavy rain. They're also roomy enough to wear my Keis heated inner gloves under them, either on their own, or connected to my Keis heated jacket. 

Having the Keis gear is another reason I didn't get heated grips fitted to my Forza.

Last edited by Meldrew on Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Heated Grips (was Sold the Silverwing)   Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 5:18 am

I had heated grips and Piaggio muffs on my two X9s.
I fitted hand-guards on my first Silverwing and muffs on the following Silverwings.
I found the heated grips didn't suit me since the heat is concentrated on the parts of my hands which stay warm anyway.
The hand-guards killed the wind-chill.

I find the muffs best of all as I can wear less-bulky summer gloves all year round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heated Grips (split from Sold the Silverwing)   Heated Grips  (split from Sold the Silverwing) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heated Grips (split from Sold the Silverwing)
Page 1 of 1