Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Mystery wires under front cover

Go down 
+4
sonuvabug
oldwingguy
zrx212
totalchaos29
8 posters
AuthorMessage
totalchaos29
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2021-02-22

Mystery wires under front cover Empty
PostSubject: Mystery wires under front cover   Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 11:01 pm

Just bought 2005 Swing. It had some war wound. Had to take front cover off. I find 7 wires that are just hanging. The are heavy like 14 gage . Black and white on both sides. And 3 wire A red a white and a black with flat connectors tucked inside. I dont have service manual YET mail is slow. Anyone have an idea what they could be. The other thing the ABS light is on. The bike has been parked since Sept and not rode. Battery was dead . I havent had a chance to ride it yet because of snow. Will the computer reset after is driven a bit? Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Mystery wires under front cover   Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 2:47 am

Pics would be helpful, more likely wires where for some kind of auxiliary/fog lights or heated grips with 14 wire size ??. The ABS light normally on on start up, should go off when you start riding .
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Mystery wires under front cover   Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 am

zrx212 wrote:
Pics would be helpful, more likely wires where for some kind of auxiliary/fog lights or heated grips with 14 wire size ??. The ABS light normally on on start up, should go off when you start riding .

I agree with zrx, no extra wires on my 05 ABS was added in 08. T was lucky I guess the previous owners had not added anything extra except the Givi screen.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Mystery wires under front cover   Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 9:09 am

Welcome aboard the board totalchaos29. We're almost neighbours ... (K-W area) ... and we have friends and family living in your area near the Bruce.

ABS dash light should go off once you get moving about 10 kph. It is an ABS system check thingy and it can not check the ABS circuitry unless the scoot is actually moving.

The rest of the wires ... I don't know. Perhaps a welcoming homage to your site name (totalchaos29)
Back to top Go down
totalchaos29
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2021-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Mystery wires under front cover   Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:10 pm

It looks like wires were from a radio . Now waiting for parts to get girl on the road
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Mystery wires under front cover   Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 1:17 pm

totalchaos29 wrote:
It looks like wires were from a radio . Now waiting for parts to get girl on the road

Sounds like you do your own work so having a Factory Service Manual (FSM) is a must have. I own FSMs for every vehicle we own except for one. For the RAV4, they wanted $1,000 for a new FSM set and there are none to be found second hand anywhere.

Enjoy your Titanium SWing!

Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mystery wires under front cover   Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 4:43 pm

Don't cut the red wire, anyone who has watched a war movie knows that will set off the mine!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3798
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Mystery wires under front cover   Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 7:59 am

Not if you're on an ocean liner in the middle of the Atlantic! Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXoPEmh39ls
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Mystery wires under front cover   Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 5:54 pm

totalchaos29 wrote:
Just bought  2005 Swing. It had some war wound. Had to take front cover off. I find 7 wires that are just hanging. The are heavy like 14 gage . Black and white on both sides. And 3 wire A red a white and a black with flat connectors tucked inside. I dont have service manual YET mail is slow. Anyone have an idea what they could be. The other thing the ABS light is on. The bike has been parked since Sept and not rode. Battery was dead . I havent had a chance to ride it yet because of snow. Will the computer reset after is driven a bit? Thanks in advance

There's a service manual available for download on the Facebook Silverwing owners page in the files section.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Mystery wires under front cover   Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 6:46 pm

FWIW I have a 2002-2005 Factory Service Manual (FSM) available. However I think that the postage would be prohibitive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery wires under front cover   Mystery wires under front cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystery wires under front cover
Page 1 of 1