Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:43 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:41 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:35 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Today at 5:15 am

» LF extended back rest
Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Yesterday at 8:54 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?

Go down 
+4
Meldrew
The Bern
bikehiker
sonuvabug
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? Empty
PostSubject: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 11:30 am

Just like the title asks ... is it an acronym for something or just a designation that Honda made up and assigned?

And why use different designations in different parts of the world ... just for differentiation?
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Freaking Superior Commuter
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 4:15 pm

Fairly unlikely bud, USA's FSC is the UK's FJS
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 4:49 pm

The Bern wrote:
Fairly unlikely bud, USA's FSC is the UK's FJS

... and the FJS has a 12v power socket in the left side glovebox, and has H.I.S.S. installed. The Honda Ignition Security System.   😷
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 5:08 pm

If FJS = Fast Japanese Scooter then FSC = ... scratch
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 8:26 am

OK ... OK. I see our collective expertise is creative ... but not very factual.

Thanks anyway people ... I was just curious.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 8:52 am

Back before the the interest I was vaguely curious about the original R.E.O. Speedwagon that the rock band REO Speedwagon took it's name from. I dug around a bit and found out it was a make of fire engine/tender/appliance.

Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 8:57 am

Meldrew wrote:
Back before the the interest I was vaguely curious about the original R.E.O. Speedwagon that the rock band REO Speedwagon took it's name from. I dug around a bit and found out it was a make of fire engine/tender/appliance.

Yup ... and further to R.E.O ... it stands for Ransom Eli Olds' initials ... of GM's Oldsmobile fame. He was a prolific builder and named one of his early company's after his initials. I believe one of the Speedwagon's band members caught onto this and liked it. The rest is history ...
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 9:18 am

Thanks for that, I still listen to REO Speedwagon and watch the occasional YouTube clips from their 1980's heyday. Especially the guitar playing of the late Gary Richrath and his guitar solo on 'Take It On The Run'. For years I was fascinated by the sight and sound of that pick drag he does right at the end, and his great playing generally without loads of pedals and effects. The band was never the same after he left.

RIP Gary.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 9:34 am

Gary Richrath was to REO like Terry Kath was to Chicago in the early years. Once Kath passed, the group really took a turn in a different direction. I love the early Chicago scores ... the "pop" stuff that came later ... not so much.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 9:46 am

I'm more biased towards the later Chicago when Peter Cetera was taking all the credit for his vocals. Although I do remember Terry Kath from earlier when Chicago called themselves Chicago Transit Authority. Back then to the younger Meldrew, the brass instruments seemed out of place.
Back to top Go down
Delray
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Delray

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2018-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 10:52 am

Never liked Chicago but this Larry David movie clip about the band always makes me smile (adult content alert if you have kids within earshot) ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfhj4OMsQE
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 10:22 pm

Just my 2 cents...Again. But I think FSC stands for "Freaking Scooter Cruises"
But then that just my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2019-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 6:58 pm

On REO Speedwagon: they hail from about an hour's drive from my home. Google says Champaign, IL (college town) but the town is actually nearby Paxton IL. Near the middle of the state anyway. Tidbit of useless information for y'all. 🎸
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?   Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does "FSC" (as in FSC600) Have any Meaning?
Page 1 of 1