Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

TMI Scooter Rally

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

TMI Scooter Rally Empty
PostSubject: TMI Scooter Rally   TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 8:27 pm

Found this on our local Harrisburg, PA Craigslist. Sorry it's a little late, but many of you hardy riders from far away still have time to make the event--a great cheap adventure. I hear it's a lot of fun.

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/mcy/d/camp-hill-scooter-and-moped-rally/6945512711.html

Back to top Go down
scootertooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-02-21

TMI Scooter Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMI Scooter Rally   TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 9:57 am

The 2019 Meltdown was organized by a great bunch of scooterists, the Three Mile Island Scooter Club.  I road from New Jersey in the early A.M. to partake in some of the Saturday activities, including the "long ride".  Unfortunately, I was not able to stay for the rest of the rally and set back to home in the late afternoon.  It is a very well organized event, with ample room for camping, etc.  For the times when meals were not included, they made sure to have a lunch truck with good food at reasonable prices.  I saw license plates from PA, NJ, VA, NY, and one from WA!  I also met a pair of gentlemen from Jacksonville, FL who were riding borrowed scoots.  So, if you have the wanderlust consider attending next year!  Put it on your calendar and contact the club for details.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=three+mile+island+scooter+club+2019+meltdown&view=detail&mid=DE0F8190803C2C3AB7E7DE0F8190803C2C3AB7E7&FORM=VIRE
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

TMI Scooter Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMI Scooter Rally   TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 9:05 am

I guess it would be a good event to attend if you like larger riding packs (160+ riders), enjoy tent camping on the ground and want to keep on your toes wondering just how many of the free beers the riders around you have enjoyed when out on the road together.  Personally, not my cup of tea but ... to each their own.
Back to top Go down
scootertooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

TMI Scooter Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMI Scooter Rally   TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 10:28 am

Exactly!...except that's not how it was.  The largest group ride was about 50.  There were three simultaneous Saturday morning rides: small displacement scoots, larger displacement scoots (150cc+), and vintage scoots (with a truck following just in case one needed a lift back).  Lunch was provided about half way along the ride with sports drinks (no beer during the ride). Some participants were relatively local and rode in for the day, while others camped or stayed close by in motels.  Sports drinks were available for those, like myself, who needed hydration after a hot ride; and beer was available after the ride (back at the event site).  As I had a long ride back, I opted for sports drink.  I definitely get your point, sonuvabug; I had been on a more urban rally years ago, and bars were literally listed as stops along the way.  I don't subscribe to the drink(alcohol) and ride thing; and I did not see that type of behavior here.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

TMI Scooter Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMI Scooter Rally   TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 11:18 am

Scootertooter, Nice to hear that you were able to do it as a day trip. I always seem to hear about that get together after the fact. Or after "someone" already has plans for me. And I've always been under the impression that one needed to preregister, etc. But I sure don't plan on doing any all-nighters. BTDT, lucky I survived.

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

TMI Scooter Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMI Scooter Rally   TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 12:00 pm

scootertooter wrote:
... snipped ... Exactly!...except that's not how it was.

Great to hear! Sounds like common sense, practical scooter mind set was at play. Also sounds well organized.
Back to top Go down
scootertooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

TMI Scooter Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMI Scooter Rally   TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 1:47 pm

The event was a pre-register rally. I was able to pre-register online. I was checking weather Apps up until my decision to not leave for the rally on Friday, but instead to get going at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday. I made the right decision based on the tales of those who rode through storm cells Friday (their 2 hours ride took 4 instead).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TMI Scooter Rally Empty
PostSubject: Re: TMI Scooter Rally   TMI Scooter Rally I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TMI Scooter Rally
Page 1 of 1