Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Yesterday at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Repair complete, READ the labels.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Repair complete, READ the labels. Empty
PostSubject: Repair complete, READ the labels.   Repair complete, READ the labels. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 7:47 pm

After my mishap with the foot slide I decided to replace the panel with a new one. Had I known how well I could repair the old I might have, aside I did repair it and will keep it just in case.

I found a product made by Loctite, epoxy plastic repair marked for use on our S'Wings.

I was afraid to apply to much pressure sanding as badly as it was cracked so I used a paint stripper with MEK, it did a good job and a little goes a long way, I applied it carefully with a Q tip and scrapped the loosened paint with a wooden sucker stick. Be careful this stuff is potent.
The epoxy contains methyl methacrylate so wear rubber or vinyl gloves. Nylon screening material for reinforcement was applied over the first layer of wet epoxy, after a half hour I applied another coat, may do a third in the morning.
Back to top Go down

Repair complete, READ the labels.
Page 1 of 1