Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Silverwing Service Manual PDF

Go down 
+12
steve_h80
"Hi Yo"
MikeO
Sidewinder Pilot
Meldrew
Leena H
JeffR
dekare
Mr Blobby
jaquesaulait
Cosmic_Jumper
Kennylxix
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Kennylxix
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2016-11-05

Silverwing Service Manual PDF Empty
PostSubject: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 6:23 pm

I didn't see anyone who has posted this so I put it in my Google Drive.  Here is a link to a PDF of the FSM:

Oh...I'm not allowed to post links for 7 days. Soooo Ill edit this when I can put the link in.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 7:25 pm

PMd you yesterday but, I suppose, you're unable to receive or reply to PMs yet either.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Kennylxix
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2016-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 7:43 pm

Hey yeah I saw it. A couple others wanted it as well and I figured I'd kill several birds with one stone by just posting it here. I'll see if I can put the link in a pm
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2016 8:01 pm

[Moderator hat ON] Um, given that the FSM may be proprietary, blah, blah, blah, maybe it is best to not put a link to that info on the forum. No reason you can't respond to a personal request via an email though. I'd sure hate to hear that some s.o.b. lawyer came knocking on JeffR's (Our Fearless Leader) door because someone here used the forum to avoid paying for Helm's or Honda's intellectual property.

Tim
Back to top Go down
jaquesaulait
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jaquesaulait

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Yo Kenneth,
Could I possibly obtain a copy of this pdf from you, please, old bean?

Thanks awfully.

Jack.

Back to top Go down
Mr Blobby
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mr Blobby

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2016-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:19 pm

Hiya
Just wondering if I could get the PDF too. I don't have technical info so it would be really useful.

Thanks

Back to top Go down
dekare
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
dekare

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2016-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 6:12 pm

I bought a PDF on Ebay. Only about $15 and you can download it for like seven days on three different devices.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Tim,

Thanks for posting the warning of proprietary information. Someone posted a link when this site was new and a member, who is a lawyer, sent me a PM saying I could be held liable. So thanks for raising this issue.

So, I need to ask that members do not post this kind of info. But if it is only $15 then it would be a good investment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 8:57 am

There is a video of Honda Silver Wing service manual with a gr-code on Youtube made by Garry Timothi. Just wondering, if it´s safe to download it or not? the video has been seen for 244 times now. The same person has made several manual download videos.

[Mod Edit] Leena, I deleted the video you posted and substituted a link to that YouTube video. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic here, but with the FSM being "intellectual property", JeffR, our fearless leader and forum owner, just might get caught up in some legal issues if the video was directly posted here. I trust you'll understand my actions. Here is a link to the video you posted.

I was thinking about deleting it myself. Anyway, I asked the same question on a finish maxi scooter Facebook site and someone said that the link is empty. So it´s only a treat to you to register to a web site.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K3xlD5ponwc&ebc=ANyPxKq3fY4t2Oi0lOnbGzFogQ9vkcc3hq9lSS2921FFUwZjmH8uXisbht6ffDYk8tD5ZkGw2s8jGwUXEXvo7s1yc_u0p6KSKg
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 1:10 pm

I can't understand this cheapskate mindset, if you want a Service Manual buy a paper one.
Back to top Go down
jaquesaulait
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jaquesaulait

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2016-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 9:37 am

Meldrew wrote:
I can't understand this cheapskate mindset, if you want a Service Manual buy a paper one.

Yeah, Mildew's right; what was I thinking?  Just because I work for the government and earn less than a Sky "engineer" does not mean I shouldn't fork out £50 for a manual.  Ok, so that sort of price is a right rip off and clearly extortionate, but, hey, we live in a civilised society and if I got a pdf copy so I could search the entire thing instantly using my computer rather than with my feeble brain, I am still stealing and I would therefore run the risk of being worse than hitler (wth).  And, yeah, if I got a pdf instead and put the money I saved towards a Power Commander or something similar in order to reduce the pollution my vehicle makes, that still doesn't justify the crime of actual theft.  I would be, literally, taking the bread from the mouths of the Honda executives' children.  wth.

So for those of you who might think, "I can't understand miserable, ignorant old gets who feel quite at liberty to be rude on public fora and issue orders and be obnoxious when they haven't got a frikkin' clue about people's financial situations and should therefore mind his own bloody business instead of making himself look like an unmitigated, interfering, old idiot.", think on... old Milly might just have a point.  Not to mention the moral high ground.  bth.

Having said that, if anyone knows where I can get a hardcopy manual for around £15 - £20, please let me know, but I will still need an "official" pdf or equivalent, immeasurably useful electronic document, I would like to buy one of them as well, looking to spend around £0 - £2 on that.

Cheers, men!

Jack.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 4:18 pm

There is great utility in having the PDFs, this means you can have them on you phone as well.....Unless you are of the religion that forbids you from using anything except a flip phone and a paper map. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Genuine question:- Why is it of benefit to have a workshop manual on a phone?

I've always managed very well with normal printed paper manuals.
Back to top Go down
Sidewinder Pilot
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Sidewinder Pilot

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Because, according to Dr. Murphy, The odds of an unexpected failure is inversely proportional to your proximity to a repair facility. Also, the odds of you facing an unfamiliar repair is exponentially inversely proportional to the availability of needed documentation." Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 5:01 pm

I see.
Thank you.
I think I'll stick to using my phone to summon the AA.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 6:42 pm

jaquesaulait wrote:
Meldrew wrote:

Yeah, Mildew's right; what was I thinking?  Just because I work for the government and earn less than a Sky "engineer" does not mean I shouldn't fork out £50 for a manual.  Ok, so that sort of price is a right rip off and clearly extortionate, but, hey, we live in a civilised society and if I got a pdf copy so I could search the entire thing instantly using my computer rather than with my feeble brain, I am still stealing and I would therefore run the risk of being worse than hitler (wth).  And, yeah, if I got a pdf instead and put the money I saved towards a Power Commander or something similar in order to reduce the pollution my vehicle makes, that still doesn't justify the crime of actual theft.  I would be, literally, taking the bread from the mouths of the Honda executives' children.  wth.

So for those of you who might think, "I can't understand miserable, ignorant old gets who feel quite at liberty to be rude on public fora and issue orders and be obnoxious when they haven't got a frikkin' clue about people's financial situations and should therefore mind his own bloody business instead of making himself look like an unmitigated, interfering, old idiot.", think on... old Milly might just have a point.  Not to mention the moral high ground.  bth.

Having said that, if anyone knows where I can get a hardcopy manual for around £15 - £20, please let me know, but I will still need an "official" pdf or equivalent, immeasurably useful electronic document, I would like to buy one of them as well, looking to spend around £0 - £2 on that.

Cheers, men!

Jack.

If you promise not to throw your toys out of the pram again, I'll tell you where you can buy a hard copy manual for a Silver Wing, keep looking on eBay. Old dog eared oil stained copies of 2000-2005 FJS Silver Wing occasionally come up with a starting bid of a fiver. Then by the end of the sale, bids have rocketed up to £45 to £50 because they're in demand. That's a lot of money for a tatty old book you may or may not use much.

Now an obnoxious but canny O.A.P like myself realised a few years ago that my Owners Manual, the goodwill of other forum members, and the very useful pictorials on here only go so far. So taking the advice of other Brit members on here who'd purchased previously, I bought one from the good old US of A. There's probably an old forum post of mine somwhere saying how much it cost and how long delivery took from the seller.

Unbelievably it was cheaper than a couple of the tatty FJS manuals on eBay. So for about the price of an average restaurant dinner and a drink (when I don't order the Pensioner's Special) I now have a pristine, well printed Honda FSC 600/A 2002-2013 Service Manual with 23 Sections and Wiring Diagrams. It's A4 size, over an inch thick, and very nicely bound and laminated in plastic.

I doubt if I'll ever use more than a fraction of the information in there but at least I have it at for reference, and I'm not adverse to sharing that info on here.

Then when I've lost interest in the Silver Wing, I can offload my pristine Service Manual on eBay, where it'll surely go for more than the usual rubbish on there. Or to a UK member wanting one, (you of course have blown your chance by breaching that golden rule of forum etiquette, 'Attack the post, not the poster') I could  take it to a charity shop, recycle it, or bin it.

In a generous mood I'd even donate it to one of these old chaps in dire financial circumstances you know about. This weighty tome if no use to them as a Manual could alternatively be useful as toilet paper, burned in a stove or grate, used as insulation stuffed inside their ragged clothes when sleeping rough, used to level a wonky table leg, or to flatten cockroaches with it's wipe clean cover etc.

By the way, I'm always amused by this rather childish and totally unoriginal misspelling of my forum name on this er... fora ,'Mildew', 'Milly' etc.  Smile
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Silverwing Service Manual PDF 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Once more Sir Meldrew has been attacked by new members who don't realize how happy this makes him.
Don't worry they'll grow tired or disappear from the forum and he can return to being the grumpy old git in residence. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Nothing of the sort mate, I quite happily paid my dollars for a Service Manual and if any forum member is that cash strapped they shouldn't be riding a Silver Wing anyway. It's just another reference book on the shelf to dip into for me.

Nobody has 'attacked' me, I got a response to my post for using the word cheapskate, I also used a variation of a common phrase used on forums over here for having a go at the poster, not the post itself. You're also ignoring the fact that I didn't lower myself to name calling like that other keyboard warrior.

As for members disappearing from the forum, I can think of a couple of British members who've mentioned on other maxi forums they now rarely if ever visit this site because some on your side of the Pond are over sensitive and uptight.

Now if you'll please excuse me I'll get back to the ironing.

Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Meldrew wrote:
<>As for members disappearing from the forum, I can think of a couple of British members who've mentioned on other maxi forums they now rarely if ever visit this site because some on your side of the Pond are over sensitive and uptight <>

Does this suggest that there is a better, more informative, more active Silverwing forum elsewhere than this? Well, in English anyway. If so, please share that with us.

Tim
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Jeez, I turn my back for a minute and there are toys all over the place!
What cracking good thread... well it made me giggle. :-)
PDF's are available on the web, mine cost about £15 for which I got a link and a time window to download.
Printing it all out took a while though, but I do like a hard copy in the garage.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 7:29 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
<>As for members disappearing from the forum, I can think of a couple of British members who've mentioned on other maxi forums they now rarely if ever visit this site because some on your side of the Pond are over sensitive and uptight <>

Does this suggest that there is a better, more informative, more active Silverwing forum elsewhere than this? Well, in English anyway. If so, please share that with us.

Tim

I didn't say or suggest anything at all about other Silver Wing forums. But there are other maxi forums, Facebook groups, motorcycle forums with maxi scooter sections, Honda Owners forums or whatever that we also visit and post on. Some members on here use a different name on these forums.
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 6:26 am

God,

I love this place!!

Jon
Back to top Go down
supermahon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Would I please be able to get a copy of the FSM? I would have PM'ed but am not able yet.
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Sir,

Have you not read this thread in it's entirety? I'm sure there are many of us on this forum with the FSM on their computers, tablets, phones, etc. None of us would, I think, make it publicly available here. As stated above, there could be legal ramifications. My suggestion would be for you have patience, make some "friends" here, and what any of us do in our "off" time may eventually help you. Gotta keep things on the down low.

Jon
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Janitor, and others, are on point about posting copyright info. So you will need to either pay for one or find a different way to get one. But no copyright material can be post on this site. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
supermahon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2017-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Apologies for asking
Back to top Go down
mymuk
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mymuk

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Now I'm wondering if Meldrew has a decent Ironing Manual*.

(*in any format)
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 7:31 pm

mymuk wrote:
Now I'm wondering if Meldrew has a decent Ironing Manual*.

(*in any format)

Silverwing Factory service manual is available on line, Look for it in your search engine.

Happy motoring Lloyd193. swing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing Service Manual PDF   Silverwing Service Manual PDF I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silverwing Service Manual PDF
Page 1 of 1