Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silverwing Brakes
Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 11:57 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» LF extended back rest
Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 12:11 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Electric plug under seat Q

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2016-03-11

Electric plug under seat Q Empty
PostSubject: Electric plug under seat Q   Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 11:42 am

Hi all,

Have a quick question. I looked in the manual before asking and even tried to search some on the forum to no avail. What is the purpose of the 2-wire black plug on a short wire right under the seat in the luggage compartment? Is it for battery charging?

Thank you
Cheers,
Mad

P.S. I want to add that this is a brand new stock scoot. So whatever this is, it is done by Honda.

Mad

Last edited by the_mad_rshn on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Electric plug under seat Q   Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 12:38 pm

Pull the battery cover (1 screw) and see if the two wires are connected to the battery. If so, the answer is probably "yes"! Unless of course, the other end of the two wires are connected to a 12-volt socket (the female part of what we used to call a cigarette lighter), then...it's a 12-volt power outlet...probably!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Electric plug under seat Q   Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi Mad,
Is this something like what you are seeing? I put this wiring in myself and the one that goes to the battery box is for my Battery Tender Jr. to keep it charged during our winters. The remaining wire goes to a cig lighter socket which I use to plug in my cell phone when using it for GPS on a ride.

Electric plug under seat Q Scoot_10
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Electric plug under seat Q   Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 3:03 pm

Dale N. wrote:
Hi Mad,
Is this something like what you are seeing?

Thank you, dale. The wire in the left of the picture is what I am seeing. The lighter like that is a good idea. I am thinking of mounting one in the larger glove box along with two USB ports for phones and the tablet. Here is what I have in mind: http://www.walmart.com/ip/12V-Dual-USB-Under-Dash-Mount-18003W/29029303

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Electric plug under seat Q   Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi Mad,

That looks like a neat idea. My only problem would be taking all the tupperware off to install it.
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Electric plug under seat Q   Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 3:27 pm

Dale N. wrote:
Hi Mad,

That looks like a neat idea. My only problem would be taking all the tupperware off to install it.

This concept is still new to me :-( I guess I got to learn and see how difficult that is.

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Electric plug under seat   Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 1:40 pm

If you have extra wiring connected to the battery it is not factory.It is most likely for charging the battery.Most of us have installed a outlet in the left glove box. I have installed an outlet but I have my gps hard wired to an adapter holding my gps. Although we have taken many long road trips I usually charge my phone and laptop over night in a motel room. I might add,I usually carry a multiple outlet strip so all of us can charge are devices over night.

p.s.Removing the front cowl is a little bit of a job but sooner or later you will be doing it. Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Electric plug under seat Q   Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 11:10 pm

I have the 12 volt socket in my left cubby. Installed by my dealer at time of purchase. However, they made it switched (only works with key on) useless to charge camera or cell phone etc. So I installed the battery tender takeoff direct to battery under seat. Picked up an adapter like this one:
http://www.cyclegear.com/TRACKSIDE-SAE-12-Volt-Power-Adapter that way I can leave phone plugged in (live) under seat while riding, or in a restaurant or hotel. I have a similar setup on my Goldwing so this adapter also works on both bikes. PLUS it still works with my battery tender on both bikes. Cheap and functional!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electric plug under seat Q   Electric plug under seat Q I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electric plug under seat Q
Page 1 of 1